Tyler Moore walks out of practice...

FLU

Not all all. Reread the post. Maybe then it'll occur to you that Barney and the OL aren't nearly as bad as some of the more ridiculous posters are claiming.

This notion doesn't make any sense. Because we had some good rushing games, Barney is getting it done on his end? For goodness' sake, Cosgrove kept the occasional opponent under 14 points. That doesn't mean he was a good coach.

I've just spoken with the old shopkeep's daughter, Clarabell, and she's informed me that Barney is involved in some sort of wizardry, which he is passing on to our town's young girls in the form of witchcraft.

I no longer want to fund raise a drive to get the man fired. We clearly have a Salem, Mass situation on our hands. To the torches!

(Just trying to make up for my emotional outburst yesterday :lol:)

Not all all. Reread the post. Maybe then it'll occur to you that Barney and the OL aren't nearly as bad as some of the more ridiculous posters are claiming.

This notion doesn't make any sense. Because we had some good rushing games, Barney is getting it done on his end? For goodness' sake, Cosgrove kept the occasional opponent under 14 points. That doesn't mean he was a good coach.

anyone see that dead horse of mine! :leghump:

question? how can he be going to USF when he hasn’t been released from his scholarship?. From what little I know, he can't even approach another school till that happens.

What doesn't make any sense is the irrational "barney sucks" ranting that invariably always follows any thing pertaining to the OL.

Nebraska certainly needs more consistentcy along the OL no doubt. But there's no magic wand or bullet. It takes time to build OL depth. And Nebraska had nearly 3,000 yards rushing last season so somebody is doing at least one or two things right in terms of coaching the OL.

I think there are plenty of legitimate criticisms to talk about regarding Barney, Bo and all the other coaches. But this constant drumbeat of negativity has long went past ridiculous.

I have hate for Barney because our oline is good for atleast 3 false starts game, and probably one holding call. At the end of the 2010 season that oline looked like a huge steaming pile of crap.

Because obviously Barney coaches the players to not remember the snap count and further, Nebraska is the only football team ever called for holding.

Thats part of coaching the oline, teaching fundamentals. To say nebraska is the only team to get called for holding is stupid, but tell me in all seriousness you have been happy with the oline play. We rushed for 3,000 yards last year, yeah because we have a RUNNING quarterback and one of the best backs in the nation.

Sean Callahan say it looks like he is USF bound.
link?

http://www.voodoofiv...sferring-to-usf

This is false.

Folks, I didn't intend to state so emphatically that Tyler Moore is transferring to USF. I don't know if he is. Was having a convo with someone with some knowledge, and we were joshing about how college girlfriends always win out. Hence, the tweet.

http://www.cornnatio...s-rumors-rumors

What doesn't make any sense is the irrational "barney sucks" ranting that invariably always follows any thing pertaining to the OL.

Nebraska certainly needs more consistentcy along the OL no doubt. But there's no magic wand or bullet. It takes time to build OL depth. And Nebraska had nearly 3,000 yards rushing last season so somebody is doing at least one or two things right in terms of coaching the OL.

I think there are plenty of legitimate criticisms to talk about regarding Barney, Bo and all the other coaches. But this constant drumbeat of negativity has long went past ridiculous.

I have never done anything but level legitimate criticisms of Barney Cotton's O Line, and I will continue to do so when I see it continue to underperform.

I have hate for Barney because our oline is good for atleast 3 false starts game, and probably one holding call. At the end of the 2010 season that oline looked like a huge steaming pile of crap.

Because obviously Barney coaches the players to not remember the snap count and hold.

Jake or Ben is that you?

Good god, one kid doesn't make up an entire team! If he transfers, he transfers.....whatever, good luck. I will say again I'm not a Barney Cotton fan and the product shows up on the field and has for a few years now. I seriously can't see how you can argue that he has shown enough to stay employed at NU.

Because obviously Barney coaches the players to not remember the snap count and further, Nebraska is the only football team ever called for holding.

Thats part of coaching the oline, teaching fundamentals. To say nebraska is the only team to get called for holding is stupid, but tell me in all seriousness you have been happy with the oline play. We rushed for 3,000 yards last year, yeah because we have a RUNNING quarterback and one of the best backs in the nation.

No I'm not totally happy. I've stated numerous times here that our OL has room to improve. But holy freaking sh**, some of you guys are borderline insane with your comments. I think too many Nebraska fans have grossly unrealistic expectations. Like it or not there is parity in college football and in a given season every team will have one or two bad games as a team. It happens.

I would call the game against Northwestern and South Carolina (the second half primarily) as bad. The rest were solid to very good. (Our turnovers against Michigan and Wisconsin have nothing to do with the performance of the OL.)

I have never done anything but level legitimate criticisms of Barney Cotton's O Line, and I will continue to do so when I see it continue to underperform.

That's perfectly fine. Level-headed, fact-based, criticism is perfectly acceptable. Going off the deep end and reflexively spewing forth a ranting diatribe about how Barney sucks at every turn (like a segment of our fans do), should stop.