Tyler Moore walks out of practice...

FLU

That's perfectly fine. Level-headed, fact-based, criticism is perfectly acceptable. Going off the deep end and reflexively spewing forth a ranting diatribe about how Barney sucks at every turn (like a segment of our fans do), should stop.

Where has this happened? Seems like much ado about nothing.

I have hate for Barney because our oline is good for atleast 3 false starts game, and probably one holding call. At the end of the 2010 season that oline looked like a huge steaming pile of crap.

Because obviously Barney coaches the players to not remember the snap count and further, Nebraska is the only football team ever called for holding.

Thats part of coaching the oline, teaching fundamentals. To say nebraska is the only team to get called for holding is stupid, but tell me in all seriousness you have been happy with the oline play. We rushed for 3,000 yards last year, yeah because we have a RUNNING quarterback and one of the best backs in the nation.

No I'm not totally happy. I've stated numerous times here that our OL has room to improve. But holy freaking sh**, some of you guys are borderline insane with your comments. I think too many Nebraska fans have grossly unrealistic expectations. Like it or not there is parity in college football and in a given season every team will have one or two bad games as a team. It happens.

I would call the game against Northwestern and South Carolina (the second half primarily) as bad. The rest were solid to very good. (Our turnovers against Michigan and Wisconsin have nothing to do with the performance of the OL.)

Is it so unrealistic as a fan to ask for improvement over a 4 year period? No, and have we seen that? In my opinion, no way.

That's perfectly fine. Level-headed, fact-based, criticism is perfectly acceptable. Going off the deep end and reflexively spewing forth a ranting diatribe about how Barney sucks at every turn (like a segment of our fans do), should stop.

This thread, any game thread where Nebraska lost, or where the OL is discussed.

All I see is you overreacting, not the unwarranted criticisms you're claiming. If you're going to get this defensive every time someone mentions Barney's name, you're going to be a busy guy.

I have hate for Barney because our oline is good for atleast 3 false starts game, and probably one holding call. At the end of the 2010 season that oline looked like a huge steaming pile of crap.

Because obviously Barney coaches the players to not remember the snap count and further, Nebraska is the only football team ever called for holding.

Thats part of coaching the oline, teaching fundamentals. To say nebraska is the only team to get called for holding is stupid, but tell me in all seriousness you have been happy with the oline play. We rushed for 3,000 yards last year, yeah because we have a RUNNING quarterback and one of the best backs in the nation.

No I'm not totally happy. I've stated numerous times here that our OL has room to improve. But holy freaking sh**, some of you guys are borderline insane with your comments. I think too many Nebraska fans have grossly unrealistic expectations. Like it or not there is parity in college football and in a given season every team will have one or two bad games as a team. It happens.

I would call the game against Northwestern and South Carolina (the second half primarily) as bad. The rest were solid to very good. (Our turnovers against Michigan and Wisconsin have nothing to do with the performance of the OL.)

Is it so unrealistic as a fan to ask for improvement over a 4 year period? No, and have we seen that? In my opinion, no way.

No it's not.

People forget that Nebraska, under TO, every year had OL comprised of almost exclusively of redshirt juniors and seniors. Last year we had a true freshman, redshirt freshman, and sophomore see significant snaps along the OL.

Nebraska's OL has improved. The OL had games of utter dominance in '10 and '11 and that's something I couldn't really say in 08 and 09. As Nebraska continues to recruit the kinds of OL that fits Tim Beck's offense, and as the players we have now progress from being freshman to seniors, we're going to see a much better OL going forward. Again, it takes time to build OL depth. We're getting there. It's not perfect and there will certainly be more bumps and setbacks along the way but they will begin to diminish as the offense we're running takes hold.

All I see is you overreacting, not the unwarranted criticisms you're claiming. If you're going to get this defensive every time someone mentions Barney's name, you're going to be a busy guy.

So the guy who in this thread referred to Barney as a POS isn't over-reacting? Further, those people here in this thread claiming Barney is solely responsible for this issue regarding Tyler Moore, when we as a fan base, don't really know what happened at the practice in question, is level-headed and warranted? Sure. Okay.

And then there's this from a little blurb on yahoo.com about Tyler leaving (The quotes are in the comments section):

the O line coach is the problem, Barney Cotton is an idiot! and Pelini is an idiot for keeping him....i am quickly losing faith in Pelini. - "No Mas"

Crap two offensive linmen in week...quit #$%$ them off Barney! - "Chad"

http://sports.yahoo....442--ncaaf.html

But I guess those are two more examples of level-head and warranted criticism. :dunno

your kidding right! :dunno

I know. It's like he doesn't realize there are 11 pages, thus far, of examples of what I'm talking about. But sure, there's no hate of Barney in this thread...LOL.

I know. It's like he doesn't realize there are 11 pages, thus far, of examples of what I'm talking about. But sure, there's no hate of Barney in this thread...LOL.

I mean, the whole 'Go back to Iowa and take your kids with you, idgaf'... Totally rational.

I mean, the whole 'Go back to Iowa and take your kids with you, idgaf'... Totally rational.

Nail head, meet hammer.

And then there's this from a little blurb on yahoo.com about Tyler leaving (The quotes are in the comments section):

the O line coach is the problem, Barney Cotton is an idiot! and Pelini is an idiot for keeping him....i am quickly losing faith in Pelini. - "No Mas"

But I guess those are two more examples of level-head and warranted criticism. :dunno

This isn't even from huskerboard, so why even bring that into this thread?

This isn't even from huskerboard, so why even bring that into this thread?

Because: a) it is similar to what some have posted here, and b) demonstrates even further precisely what I'm talking about.