Tyler Moore walks out of practice...

FLU

Yes, I do understand the difference. I have no problems when someone posts a criticism that's fair and reasonable, (and I do agree with them most of the time)but to many posters go beyond that line.

Myself I'm actually neutral to this subject and will let Bo take care of the problem as he sees fit.

Just don't care for the narrow minded bashing of a coach.

Yes, I know my view can be seen as narrow minded also. It goes both way's chuckleshuffle

What goes both ways? zoogies' response to you was reasonable, well-intentioned and respectful, and you respond with narrow-mindedness goes both ways?

If you're just here to pick fights, I can assure you this isn't the forum for you.

Nah, I don't think Polar was picking a fight. I think the rallying around Cotton is a little unmerited, but he's correct that some of the criticism has also just been flying off the handle. I think he's just clarifying his position there, that his previous responses have been directed not at the reasonable criticism, but at some of the less founded vitriol.

Here we were having two of the best days of recruiting/practice then something like this comes out. I really hope that isnt something done by Barney.

It is because of Barny and his incompetence. He was playing with the 2's and was one of our best linemen. But it is being reported on another site (don't want to mention it because it's a pay site) by a reliable source that it's Barney's perceived favoritism and moving the players around all of the time. They hate playing for him and that is why we keep on losing linemen. It's time this parasite stops stealing money from the school and Bo needs to can his sorry @ss.

Send his ass back to Iowa State, with all of his kids idgaf

Like I said before,and I will say again. Welcome to an internet forum, people are going to say whatever the hell they want. And I think most Nebraska fans would actually agree with what has been said. I think the majority would like to see Barney go, you might just have to deal with it.

I had said that in the heat of the moment and the only reason I said that is because I have known his kids personally and the only decent one is Sam

Some of you guys/gals wanting to fire Cotton should read this: http://en.wikipedia....i/Barney_Cotton

Here's a little excerpt:

In 1997, former Nebraska Cornhuskers player and New Mexico State Head Coach Tony Samuel hired Cotton to the same position he had held at St. Cloud State; Offensive Coordinator and Offensive Line Coach. Although championships eluded New Mexico State during Cotton's six years with the program, the production of his offensive players generated impressive statistics. New Mexico State ranked nationally in the top 25 in overall offense in 1998, 2000 and 2002, and was ranked nationally in the top 25 in rushing offense for all six years. In his final season, New Mexico State led the Sun Belt Conference in passing efficiency, rushing offense and total offense. Six New Mexico State linemen earned All-Sunbelt Conference Honors during Cotton's tenure.

The conjecture that he has no idea what he is doing is just that...pure conjecture and misinformation. He's a solid coach, a standup guy, and I think we'll be just fine with him where he is.

Bill Callahan took the raiders to the super bowl, the SUPER BOWL!! He must be a solid coach.

• Fire 1

Some of you guys/gals wanting to fire Cotton should read this: http://en.wikipedia....i/Barney_Cotton

Here's a little excerpt:

In 1997, former Nebraska Cornhuskers player and New Mexico State Head Coach Tony Samuel hired Cotton to the same position he had held at St. Cloud State; Offensive Coordinator and Offensive Line Coach. Although championships eluded New Mexico State during Cotton's six years with the program, the production of his offensive players generated impressive statistics. New Mexico State ranked nationally in the top 25 in overall offense in 1998, 2000 and 2002, and was ranked nationally in the top 25 in rushing offense for all six years. In his final season, New Mexico State led the Sun Belt Conference in passing efficiency, rushing offense and total offense. Six New Mexico State linemen earned All-Sunbelt Conference Honors during Cotton's tenure.

The conjecture that he has no idea what he is doing is just that...pure conjecture and misinformation. He's a solid coach, a standup guy, and I think we'll be just fine with him where he is.

Bill Callahan took the raiders to the super bowl, the SUPER BOWL!! He must be a solid coach.

1290165886_rsd4rn.gif

Here's a little excerpt:

NFL stats into college doesn't always jive imho. 2 different worlds.

Neither do below average universities to premiere division one universities. I completely agree with you about the NFL to college and vice versa, but Rich Rodriguez is a shining example of failure. He had success in a weak Big East conference, became the head coach of Michigan, and was sadly underwhelming during his tenure. Former Colorado coach Dan Hawkins is another fantastic example. He had a lot of success at Boise State, goes to a different school, and fails about as hard as one can fail.

Here's a little excerpt:

NFL stats into college doesn't always jive imho. 2 different worlds.

Neither do below average universities to premiere division one universities. I completely agree with you about the NFL to college and vice versa, but Rich Rodriguez is a shining example of failure. He had success in a weak Big East conference, became the head coach of Michigan, and was sadly underwhelming during his tenure. Former Colorado coach Dan Hawkins is another fantastic example. He had a lot of success at Boise State, goes to a different school, and fails about as hard as one can fail.

Wasn't that more of a case of him surrounding himself with a great staff that made him look good at Boise? (similar to Mac Brown in my opinion.)

Wasn't that more of a case of him surrounding himself with a great staff that made him look good at Boise? (similar to Mac Brown in my opinion.)

Well, then do we attribute failings to a position coach/coordinator or a head coach? Although I think there are extenuating circumstances in every situation, the principle stands - being a good head coach/position coach/coordinator doesn't necessarily mean you will be a good one of those anywhere else, mainly because there are several contributing factors to each situation. Would Osborne have been as good without his tenured staff, would his players have been as good somewhere else, etc.

While I agree with you and think Dan Hawkin's success was thankful to some pretty good assistants in Boise, he was still HC and his hiring at Colorado was based upon that, not how good is assistants were.

I agree with what you're saying, it's probably much easier to judge a position coaches performance than it is a head coach since you can focus on a single aspect of a team, but there will always be extenuating circumstances at any level. As a head coach you have to look at his interactions with players, the performance of the team as a whole, and view him more as a manager. To steal a line from a professor I had, his job is to get the right people on the bus and the wrong people off. And if he fails to do that consistently year after year then the problem lies with the head coach. But things usually aren't that simple, and I wouldn't envy any AD/coach that has to make a tough decision about that. So far I think we can say Bo and TO have done a pretty good job of managing up to this point.

Figure I'll post something related to TM. http://www.voodoofiv...sferring-to-usf

A journalist who is reporting a transfer to USF.

The article is based on Coley's tweet, which he basically said is his opinion and not something he was reporting.

For those wondering the tweets that follow are as follows:

"Folks, I didn't intend to state so emphatically that Tyler Moore is transferring to USF. I don't know if he is. Was having a convo with someone with some knowledge, and we were joshing about how college girlfriends always win out. Hence, the tweet. Had I known someone might write that I was reporting rather than tweeting, I would have been more clear. A fine line, I stepped on it. I will be more clear about when I am reporting and just tweeting."

https://twitter.com/JohnnyHometeam?tw_i=234431781464580098&tw_e=screenname&tw_p=tweetembed

Source

lol, this little dude from USF has to clarify his twit, err, tweet position, after he twits, errr, tweets something of a small nature where he's from; little does he know that there is at least 5,000 posts on forums dissecting every angle of TM leaving N.

I love/loathe that crap. He twits, err, tweets something to his 41 followers of USF football and it turns into a maelstrom of REAL fans from N using it as leverage for TM, cotton, the state of the union....welcome to big boy football Mr Twit, err, Tweet, where we actually care about a 5* recruit leaving our program. don't twit, err, tweet unless you're ready to deal with rabid fans.