Tyler Moore walks out of practice...

FLU

Some of you guys/gals wanting to fire Cotton should read this: http://en.wikipedia....i/Barney_Cotton

Here's a little excerpt:

In 1997, former Nebraska Cornhuskers player and New Mexico State Head Coach Tony Samuel hired Cotton to the same position he had held at St. Cloud State; Offensive Coordinator and Offensive Line Coach. Although championships eluded New Mexico State during Cotton's six years with the program, the production of his offensive players generated impressive statistics. New Mexico State ranked nationally in the top 25 in overall offense in 1998, 2000 and 2002, and was ranked nationally in the top 25 in rushing offense for all six years. In his final season, New Mexico State led the Sun Belt Conference in passing efficiency, rushing offense and total offense. Six New Mexico State linemen earned All-Sunbelt Conference Honors during Cotton's tenure.

The conjecture that he has no idea what he is doing is just that...pure conjecture and misinformation. He's a solid coach, a standup guy, and I think we'll be just fine with him where he is.

Bill Callahan took the raiders to the super bowl, the SUPER BOWL!! He must be a solid coach.

The NFL and cfb are two totally different animals. You'll figure that out someday.

Figure I'll post something related to TM. http://www.voodoofiv...sferring-to-usf

A journalist who is reporting a transfer to USF.

The article is based on Coley's tweet, which he basically said is his opinion and not something he was reporting.

For those wondering the tweets that follow are as follows:

"Folks, I didn't intend to state so emphatically that Tyler Moore is transferring to USF. I don't know if he is. Was having a convo with someone with some knowledge, and we were joshing about how college girlfriends always win out. Hence, the tweet. Had I known someone might write that I was reporting rather than tweeting, I would have been more clear. A fine line, I stepped on it. I will be more clear about when I am reporting and just tweeting."

https://twitter.com/...tw_p=tweetembed

Source

lol, this little dude from USF has to clarify his twit, err, tweet position, after he twits, errr, tweets something of a small nature where he's from; little does he know that there is at least 5,000 posts on forums dissecting every angle of TM leaving N.

I love/loathe that crap. He twits, err, tweets something to his 41 followers of USF football and it turns into a maelstrom of REAL fans from N using it as leverage for TM, cotton, the state of the union....welcome to big boy football Mr Twit, err, Tweet, where we actually care about a 5* recruit leaving our program. don't twit, err, tweet unless you're ready to deal with rabid fans.

Hey, is it called a twit or a tweet? Wasn't sure from your post.

Really? 611 posts and 80% are about Barney? Here, lets stay the course...The apparent Facebook post of his GF.

Before the word gets down to Florida via internet and everyone attacks Tyler with questions, yes it is true for those of you who have heard..after battling, toughing things out, and making a VERY difficult decision..Tyler is coming home! As he has fulfilled his childhood dreams of playing for Nebraska, making a difference, and going down in history for being the first true freshman to start, its time for him to move on and expand his talent. He ISNT done with football and has a team or two in mind! Nebraska is a great school and has a great team and is for some guys but not for Tyler. His dream is to play for the Steelers or an NFL team someday and Lord willing he is going to make his dream come true. You can like it or not but i am VERY proud of my baby for making such a hard decision and his family and i support him a billon percent.. It would be nice if everyone else did too. Cant wait to see what his future has in store and prove the negative people wrong. Thank you to all the Husker fans who have supported him and dont want him to go, it means alot.. He will always be a Husker, its just time to open the doors back up to some new options and find his happiness and love for football again!!

Don't see a coaches name anywhere, just a young man worried about his future with his GF.

Really? 611 posts and 80% are about Barney? Here, lets stay the course...The apparent Facebook post of his GF.

Before the word gets down to Florida via internet and everyone attacks Tyler with questions, yes it is true for those of you who have heard..after battling, toughing things out, and making a VERY difficult decision..Tyler is coming home! As he has fulfilled his childhood dreams of playing for Nebraska, making a difference, and going down in history for being the first true freshman to start, its time for him to move on and expand his talent. He ISNT done with football and has a team or two in mind! Nebraska is a great school and has a great team and is for some guys but not for Tyler. His dream is to play for the Steelers or an NFL team someday and Lord willing he is going to make his dream come true. You can like it or not but i am VERY proud of my baby for making such a hard decision and his family and i support him a billon percent.. It would be nice if everyone else did too. Cant wait to see what his future has in store and prove the negative people wrong. Thank you to all the Husker fans who have supported him and dont want him to go, it means alot.. He will always be a Husker, its just time to open the doors back up to some new options and find his happiness and love for football again!!

Don't see a coaches name anywhere, just a young man worried about his future with his GF.

Some of you guys/gals wanting to fire Cotton should read this: http://en.wikipedia....i/Barney_Cotton

Here's a little excerpt:

In 1997, former Nebraska Cornhuskers player and New Mexico State Head Coach Tony Samuel hired Cotton to the same position he had held at St. Cloud State; Offensive Coordinator and Offensive Line Coach. Although championships eluded New Mexico State during Cotton's six years with the program, the production of his offensive players generated impressive statistics. New Mexico State ranked nationally in the top 25 in overall offense in 1998, 2000 and 2002, and was ranked nationally in the top 25 in rushing offense for all six years. In his final season, New Mexico State led the Sun Belt Conference in passing efficiency, rushing offense and total offense. Six New Mexico State linemen earned All-Sunbelt Conference Honors during Cotton's tenure.

The conjecture that he has no idea what he is doing is just that...pure conjecture and misinformation. He's a solid coach, a standup guy, and I think we'll be just fine with him where he is.

Bill Callahan took the raiders to the super bowl, the SUPER BOWL!! He must be a solid coach.

The NFL and cfb are two totally different animals. You'll figure that out someday.

Yes BC may be more of a pro guy but both teams did end-up quitting on him. IMO it's more a matter of good fortune than NFL vs college. He inherited a contender that Gruden built and managed to hold it together a season, next season he tried making it more his own team and it blew-up in his face. It was rather like Coker at Miami with a team Davis built.

Here's a little excerpt:

Bill Callahan took the raiders to the super bowl, the SUPER BOWL!! He must be a solid coach. :sarcasm

Fixed it for you Bshirt. Internet sarcasm can get tricky if you don't point it out to some.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... don't understimate the power of the poonanny. Sounds to me like this chick is laying that voodoo poonanny on Tyler, and also is feeding/reinforcing any doubts he has about being at Nebraska. And that, my friends, is not a good thing.

Figure I'll post something related to TM. http://www.voodoofiv...sferring-to-usf

The article is based on Coley's tweet, which he basically said is his opinion and not something he was reporting.

"Folks, I didn't intend to state so emphatically that Tyler Moore is transferring to USF. I don't know if he is. Was having a convo with someone with some knowledge, and we were joshing about how college girlfriends always win out. Hence, the tweet. Had I known someone might write that I was reporting rather than tweeting, I would have been more clear. A fine line, I stepped on it. I will be more clear about when I am reporting and just tweeting."

Source

lol, this little dude from USF has to clarify his twit, err, tweet position, after he twits, errr, tweets something of a small nature where he's from; little does he know that there is at least 5,000 posts on forums dissecting every angle of TM leaving N.

I love/loathe that crap. He twits, err, tweets something to his 41 followers of USF football and it turns into a maelstrom of REAL fans from N using it as leverage for TM, cotton, the state of the union....welcome to big boy football Mr Twit, err, Tweet, where we actually care about a 5* recruit leaving our program. don't twit, err, tweet unless you're ready to deal with rabid fans.

When the he## did Martinez decide to leave NU. Where have I been.

SARCASM

ACTUAL (SPECULATIVE) NEWS

Direct from Rumorville.......

Now I'm hearing from someone "with a source" that there was never a shouting match between Moore and any of the staff. This person says it was always about "personal issues" and that Moore is being given time to figure this out. This is consistently being reported by those who have, allegedly, inside info with the team.

Consistent bits of speculation that crop up in various accounts:

Moore was homesick

Moore's girlfriend is somehow a factor

Moore wasn't focusing on school and football as a result of the first and possibly the second

Moore is being given time to sort this out

That's the consistent bits. Cotton, for all his justifiable criticisms, does not appear to have been a root cause (although, as position coach I'm sure he would be involved in any demotion from first string), so while Barney deserves critiquing for how his lines play, it doesn't appear that there is a direct correlation between Moore leaving and Barney Cotton.

ACTUAL (SPECULATIVE) NEWS

Direct from Rumorville.......

Now I'm hearing from someone "with a source" that there was never a shouting match between Moore and any of the staff. This person says it was always about "personal issues" and that Moore is being given time to figure this out. This is consistently being reported by those who have, allegedly, inside info with the team.

Consistent bits of speculation that crop up in various accounts:

Moore was homesick

Moore's girlfriend is somehow a factor

Moore wasn't focusing on school and football as a result of the first and possibly the second

Moore is being given time to sort this out

That's the consistent bits. Cotton, for all his justifiable criticisms, does not appear to have been a root cause (although, as position coach I'm sure he would be involved in any demotion from first string), so while Barney deserves critiquing for how his lines play, it doesn't appear that there is a direct correlation between Moore leaving and Barney Cotton.

Knapp, this is close to gospel. This has nothing to do with Cotton, at all.

Regarding the tweet about Tyler Moore to USF, I don't know if I would call that a journalist "reporting" yet. He may have just been repeating some drivel he heard on the webs. All it was was a tweet and he didn't explain how strongly he felt about it. Just said "Looks like" TM to USF. Light on substance so far.

Thats a problem with 'journalism' today especially in sports.

If we were to get a sizeable group together and were to tweet some halfway believable story and have someone write a throwaway blog about it or BR story we could really cause a stir and things would snowball. It'd be an interesting social experiment.

Source

When the he## did Martinez decide to leave NU. Where have I been.

SARCASM

His freshman year.