Tyler Moore walks out of practice...

FLU

I totally disagree, about his needed status. Anyone that just walks away from his team at this time, is only concerned with himself, no matter the reason.

Tired of hearing he is just a kid, there are thousands every single day that take the oath of military service for this country. These kids on our football team call themselves warriors, going to war. But they can quit anytime the going gets tough and it is thought to be okay. Thank God the kids that defend this country do not think like that. Quitting is a cowards way out. This program does not need cowards. That maybe the old Marine in me, but that is the way I live my life.

I have seen kids in their dying eyes, wanting only to go home. Being home sick is a standard for youth, missing thier girlfriend is standard. But giving up a golden opportunity to play for Nebraska and to move on to the pros because your home sick is not acceptable for me. Letting others down that depend on you and your talents, being coaches and players is not acceptable to me.

There is more to this than just winning football games. Time some take a look at what is one of our motos.

But I still give him the benefit of the doubt until all the information is available.

As a retired Vet myself, I cannot agree more on what you just said. +1.

Plus if I did quit it would of been a very long swim home.

So, in a thread with in excess of 500 replies, you guys can find what, ten posts that are overreacting to Cotton? And this proves to you that all criticisms against Cotton are unwarranted?

How about this - I can go through the Fresno State game and show you ten plays where Cotton's line was bumbling around, either not blocking their man, not knowing who to block, getting beaten on the block, or flat-out playing in the wrong position.

That's one game. There were a dozen more games last year, half of which had a similar number of bonehead plays by Barney Cotton's unit.

And you guys accuse me of willfully ignoring what's being said? Do you even watch our games?

• Fire 3

Here we were having two of the best days of recruiting/practice then something like this comes out. I really hope that isnt something done by Barney.

It is because of Barny and his incompetence. He was playing with the 2's and was one of our best linemen. But it is being reported on another site (don't want to mention it because it's a pay site) by a reliable source that it's Barney's perceived favoritism and moving the players around all of the time. They hate playing for him and that is why we keep on losing linemen. It's time this parasite stops stealing money from the school and Bo needs to can his sorry @ss.

Send his ass back to Iowa State, with all of his kids idgaf

Like I said before,and I will say again. Welcome to an internet forum, people are going to say whatever the hell they want. And I think most Nebraska fans would actually agree with what has been said. I think the majority would like to see Barney go, you might just have to deal with it.

How about having a "Barney" thread if that's where people want to state their case.

But the title of this thread doesn't lend itself to only that issue.....

Summary: Looks like we've lost a lineman. Bottom line is the same if it was an injury or a walk-away. Depth chart can't differentiate the rationale..........only the result that must be dealt with.

(If he comes back, think of all the angst that has been wasted).........

So, in a thread with in excess of 500 replies, you guys can find what, ten posts that are overreacting to Cotton? And this proves to you that all criticisms against Cotton are unwarranted?

How about this - I can go through the Fresno State game and show you ten plays where Cotton's line was bumbling around, either not blocking their man, not knowing who to block, getting beaten on the block, or flat-out playing in the wrong position.

That's one game. There were a dozen more games last year, half of which had a similar number of bonehead plays by Barney Cotton's unit.

And you guys accuse me of willfully ignoring what's being said? Do you even watch our games?

Rack him.

• Fire 1

Here we were having two of the best days of recruiting/practice then something like this comes out. I really hope that isnt something done by Barney.

It is because of Barny and his incompetence. He was playing with the 2's and was one of our best linemen. But it is being reported on another site (don't want to mention it because it's a pay site) by a reliable source that it's Barney's perceived favoritism and moving the players around all of the time. They hate playing for him and that is why we keep on losing linemen. It's time this parasite stops stealing money from the school and Bo needs to can his sorry @ss.

Send his ass back to Iowa State, with all of his kids idgaf

I really hope this was directed at the post below mine. Otherwise, you have some serious comprehension problems.

I think it was directed at posts that start at 518

:huh::dunno

Like what aspeedlin4589 said.

It's an internet forum, people are going to say whatever they want. If someone wants to say that, than thats their own opinion but it's not a reflection of everyone on this board. Because to be honest HB is probably the most level headed husker board on the internet.

It's an internet forum, people are going to say whatever they want. If someone wants to say that, than thats their own opinion but it's not a reflection of everyone on this board. Because to be honest HB is probably the most level headed husker board on the internet.

I would say his is more of an observation than an opinion.

The gf post is ridiculously stupid if it's real. If it was such a "TOUGH decision" he wouldn't have made it by storming out of a practice like a 5 year old.

And she's "proud of her baby" ? For what? Leaving like an a**hole?

He should not have let her post on his behalf.

It's ok...when the gold-digger doesn't get her shnookie-wookems into the NFL, she'll dump him like hot refuse.

That's right SkersRule.

Most posters here think all an OLine coach has to do @ NU is wave the magic wand and....."presto".....we're hardcore road-graders. They simply can't grasp that it's not that easy under the circumstances.

1. 2008....after 4 years of Callahan fluffball, any remote resemblance to Uncle Milt's Olines was pure imaginary, dream-bubble fantasy world. Oh, we could rack up big numbers at garbage time to pump up the stats but vs any decent defense that still had their starters on the field it was stuffed sardines time. Barney inherited a used Pinto with no transmission, a bad front end & four flat tires.

2. I'm not going to bother with looking up the numbers again as haters gotta hate and it will just be ignored but Bo's recruiting at the Oline position was horrible his first two years. Yes, that's right...."horrible". I think the first year was a mulligan due to the chaos of the Clownahan firing but year two was on Bo. It takes time to build talent and depth on an OLine and those two years didn't help one iota.

3. Barney for three years took his marching orders from Callawatts, who changed our offense endlessly every five minutes and to say the least was no advocate of smashmouth whatsoever. He was a fluffball guy which is just fine but NU wasn't going to maul defenses with savage pounding and didn't.

To assume Uncle Milt or anybody could have built a pancaking Oline under a wildly changing offense, with little recruiting talent, no identity or the absolutely needed reps is just whistling in the dark. Starting this year, Barney/Stai/Garrison should finally have some depth & talent on the Oline "and" hopefully a coherent offensive scheme from year two of Beck as OC.

It's easy as pie to look at our marginal Oline performances the last eight years and simply blame it all on Barney. Simple. Easy. So that's how it goes.

I would say his is more of an observation than an opinion.

I took as he got butt hurt and just vented.

That's perfectly fine. Level-headed, fact-based, criticism is perfectly acceptable. Going off the deep end and reflexively spewing forth a ranting diatribe about how Barney sucks at every turn (like a segment of our fans do), should stop.

Where has this happened? Seems like much ado about nothing.

your kidding right! :dunno

I'd say it's about as humorous as basic grammar.

Hey 'Skersrule, just some numbers for your post on page 10.

You mention 533 total yards of offense and 383 on the ground against Washington in 2010? Washington finished 93rd in scoring defense and gave up 401 yards a game that year. In our bowl game against Washington, we only had 91 yards rushing.

You say a Kansas State thrashing in 2010? They finished 74th in scoring defense and gave up 441 ypg.

The Missouri game was a fair game, considering they finished in the top 10 in scoring defense that year. But, consider that Roy Helu never came close to repeating that feat. He also racked up all of those yards on three plays IIRC. Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in awhile.

2010 Oklahoma State - why bother even typing their defensive stats from that year they were so pathetic.

2011 Washington finished 101st in scoring defense and gave up 440 plus yards a game.

2011 Ohio State gave up 20.8 ppg and 320 ypg.

2011's 3000-plus rushing season? How about the stat we saw on the BTN a couple of days ago - when Nebraska rushes for 185 or more yards we're 18-0, when we rush for less, we're 0-8. Or how about our 17 points against Wisconsin and 159 rushing yards, 17 points against Michigan and 138 net rushing yards, or our 13 points against South Carolina and 137 net rushing yards. Those teams finished with the sixth, eighth, and twelfth best scoring defenses in college football, respectively.

Those are all facts.

The stats show that Nebraska rarely has any idea what they're doing when they face good defenses, rarely hitting that 185 rushing yard mark and losing each game they don't. Any objective analysis of Barney Cotton shows that, although we rush well against bad defenses, we also look plain average. Obviously, rushing numbers and overall numbers in general will not be great against better defenses, but these stats are telling nevertheless, and I don't see any way of denying this. Look at last year's Michigan state game - 270 total yards of offense, 190 rushing, 3.3 yards per rush. The drop off from when we play bad teams, to when we play good teams, is significant. That means we didn't even run well enough to get a first down with three running plays.

I've spent hours watching some of last year's game, looking for bad offensive line play. I'm no offensive guru, but I can sometimes pick upwards of 15 plays from each game where noticeable breakdowns occur, and we only have 60-80 plays per game. Is it really acceptable to allow anywhere from 18 to 25 percent of our plays to have shoddy offensive line play?

I don't hate Cotton, but I don't like his coaching, and I don't go over-the-top with my criticisms of him. He's exactly like Shawn Watson - his units can look great one play, and pop warner the next. The consistency level is average against good teams and average against bad teams. We get away with it against bad teams because we're more talented. When we play people that actually know what they're doing, our deficiencies are magnified.

• Fire 2