First time in Lincoln for USM game

So I'm a lifelong Sooner fan, but I married into a Nebraska family! My wife attended an OU game with me a few years ago, so I decided to return the favor. My wife and I have never been to Lincoln, and she has only seen Nebraska play in person once (unfortunately for her, a loss). I'll admit, I'm excited to experience Memorial Stadium for the first time.

Any recommendations on what to do before game day? We arrive on Thursday afternoon, and I'd like to see if we can get into Memorial Stadium before Sat. Are there daily tours, etc? Also, is the Osborne Athletic Complex worth the time to walk through?

For game day: where's the best place to tailgate? We want to cab it from our hotel with some beer and snacks, but I have no clue if there are any laws, etc on drinking near the stadium. We don't have tickets yet, and stub hub is pricey. Any other ideas or experiences on getting decent tickets? I'm trying to avoid the "overhang" on the sideline where the obstructed view is if I can help it. All else being equal, I'll thrown down a decent amount to sit in decent seats. How is sitting in the endzone seats?

Finally, any recommendations on where to go post game for live music?

I appreciate any additional ideas you may have, I want this to be a great trip for my wife!

Cheers,

Rich

You can call ahead for tours of the stadium.

Two guided walk-through tours are available by appointment:

Memorial Stadium Tour: Memorial Stadium is located between 10th street and Stadium Drive on the downtown campus of the University of Nebraska - Lincoln. The tour starts at the Osborne Athletic Complex Lobby (north side of the stadium) and lasts approximately one hour. Guests are encouraged to park in the Stadium Drive Parking Garage.

Stadium Tours can be arranged by calling Karen Cook at (402) 472-3333.

There's a "self-guided tour" option, but I would advise against it. You're going to miss out on the on-the-field experience if you do this due to construction.

We're working on a group project to fill in the best places to tailgate, eat, shop, etc around Lincoln, but it's in its infancy right now. Check out this thread:

LINK

So I'm a lifelong Sooner fan, but I married into a Nebraska family! My wife attended an OU game with me a few years ago, so I decided to return the favor. My wife and I have never been to Lincoln, and she has only seen Nebraska play in person once (unfortunately for her, a loss). I'll admit, I'm excited to experience Memorial Stadium for the first time.

Any recommendations on what to do before game day? We arrive on Thursday afternoon, and I'd like to see if we can get into Memorial Stadium before Sat. Are there daily tours, etc? Also, is the Osborne Athletic Complex worth the time to walk through?

For game day: where's the best place to tailgate? We want to cab it from our hotel with some beer and snacks, but I have no clue if there are any laws, etc on drinking near the stadium. We don't have tickets yet, and stub hub is pricey. Any other ideas or experiences on getting decent tickets? I'm trying to avoid the "overhang" on the sideline where the obstructed view is if I can help it. All else being equal, I'll thrown down a decent amount to sit in decent seats. How is sitting in the endzone seats?

Finally, any recommendations on where to go post game for live music?

I appreciate any additional ideas you may have, I want this to be a great trip for my wife!

Cheers,

Rich

Make sure she there's for the players walk into the stadium then you guys are in your seats before the Tunnel Walk. The stadium can be electric during the TW. My wife and I made our first trip 3 years ago and it was a blast (I live east of OKC myself). I took in as much as I could in the short amount of time we were there (arrived late Friday afternoon). Enjoy your visit!

Most of the sculptures I've seen around Lincoln look like genitals, but that may say more about me than about the sculptures.

(seriously though, there are two or three sculptures on/near campus with two round objects near the base and a tall structure pointing towards the sky)

You dont say? :lol:

Most of the sculptures I've seen around Lincoln look like genitals, but that may say more about me than about the sculptures.

(seriously though, there are two or three sculptures on/near campus with two round objects near the base and a tall structure pointing towards the sky)

Tell me what you see.

13995463_4ddc16d8e8.jpg

Tell me what you see.

13995463_4ddc16d8e8.jpg

You're really reaching there. I don't see how that could be mistaken for genitalia.

Tell me what you see.

13995463_4ddc16d8e8.jpg

You're really reaching there. I don't see how that could be mistaken for genitalia.

Reminds me of the old slogan for the capitol...............the "Penis on the Prairie".

Of course some include the statue of the iconic Sower sitting on top.................and modified it to become the "Penis on the Prairie with the sore on top"

Tell me what you see.

13995463_4ddc16d8e8.jpg

Reminds me of the old slogan for the capitol...............the "Penis on the Prairie".

Of course some include the statue of the iconic Sower sitting on top.................and modified it to become the "Penis on the Prairie with the sore on top"

It's a piercing

• Fire 1