So much youth....patience needed

HANC

Before I start, I want to say that I am not a BC supporter YET, but I am willing to give him time to get "his" athletes into his system...

If you look at the team, you will realize that a lot of our players in "key" positions, are either Fr., RS Fr., True So., or 1st year juco guys.... with so many young players, it is unfair to not expect sloppy play at times...

BC can not hold onto the ball for these guys, move the feet of the OL for them, stop Lucky from instictively step out of the end zone, stop Nunn for reaching for a bounding ball with 1 hand....do I need to continue???,... these are young mistakes, and if you think that BC isn't going nuts over these "reaction" mistakes, maybe you should try coaching "young kids"....you soon learn to not take anything for granted.

Offense:

QB: Taylor = 1st yr. DI..... Beck true Fr.

RB: Lucky, Glenn = true Fr. and Jackson true So.

OL: started 2 fr. and backed up with true So. (Patrick)

WR: Swift (RS Fr.), Nunn (true So.), Hardy (1st yr Juco), Petersen (RS Fr)

TE: soph. with Herian returning

Defense:

DE: both starters are back, with Turner (True Fr.)

DL: will plug young guys in... Ola (1st yr Juco,), Suh (true Fr)

LB: start 2 soph., with Bradley and Octavian back next yr

CB: Grixby (true So.), Bowman (1st yr. Juco), Green (So. converted RB)

S: We need help.... but maybe Jackson will pan out

PK: Congdon appears to be destined for good things

* if you really take a look at the "inexperience" of people in "key" positions,

you should have expected sloppy play at times, especially on the road.

* There is NO substitute for game experience....

Give these kids and coaches a break..... You don't have to be happy, because I am definately not happy with the record or results, but be reasonable enough to look at the "real picture" !!!

:yeah

It's something we...erm...some of us have been :bang our heads about all season. I TOTALLY agree with you.

If you can't see the future we have by the enthusiasm shown by Beck in his post-game interview, you truly are blind (or deaf...perhaps both.) :dumdum

Even Tommie Frazier (you know, that Heisman runner up that lead NU to Back to Back National Titles. A 3rd if the ref's in Miami weren't so blind!), said that Husker fans are going to have to be something they haven't been asked to be in quite some time. Patient.

Read the above post again. This team is young and inexperienced. Beck himself said that. If the players know that they lacked experience this year and expect to be better next (quoting our "star" QB, Beck again), how can you lay blame on the coaching staff?

I am very excited about the future of Nebraska. These kids are excited and know what Nebraska football means to every fan around the country.

They will deliver. I have faith. :thumbs

being patient is a virtue. how many new recruits will play next year? this is a work in progress and will take a little more time.

next year will be better and next year better again. how much better? i dont know. 1 game a year maybe but we have to play the games.

experience makes better teams and players.

gbr

You know, Rob, it's something. During the summer the "buzz" on the board (and general consensus) was that it was going to take a couple of years to get this team together.

It wasn't even halfway through the season this year and the skirts were in a bunch.

Mind you, it wasn't by a majority of the fans on this site, just a combatant few. :wacko:

The defense did improve. Anyone remember tech last year, or our horrendous pass efficiency defense. It wasnt a massive improvement, but it was something. The offense returned an inexperienced Oline that couldnt block a soul and had a first year quarterback, and the passing game still improved tremendously over the course of the season, and at the end of the year, was much better than our passing offense last year. Our special teams, well, dont even get me started there. The only place in which we didnt see improvement was in the running game, and alot of that can be attributed to key injuries, no depth, and a very inexperienced OLine. All of this only translated into one or two more wins, but we were competetive in almost every game this year. The only one that I couldnt bear to watch was the Kansas game. If that doesnt qualify as improvement for you, than I would start to question you mental capabilities.

Chicago---I agree with you completely. Anyone that cant see progress on this team isnt really looking at the team anyway. They are just looking at the W's and the L's. No on the record aspect there has not been alot of progress this year. BUT NU will have at least this year a non-losing season if we drop both the CU game and Bowl game.

No we are not going BCS Bowling this year But the team will get 3-4 more weeks of practices this year were some teams will not like KSU, OSU, Baylor and maybe KU and Tex AM. (not sure of there records).

That can only help the team for next year and that has to be considered improvement.

Patience is fine and saying you have a young team is fine aswell but when improvement during the year for the past 2 years isn't showing its time for some concern.

let's see last year 5 wins this year 6 wins possibly more, wow looks like improvement to me. i guess if we were'nt playing for the national title then there is now improvement to some husker fans, or so called fans.

The defense did improve. Anyone remember tech last year, or our horrendous pass efficiency defense. It wasnt a massive improvement, but it was something. The offense returned an inexperienced Oline that couldnt block a soul and had a first year quarterback, and the passing game still improved tremendously over the course of the season, and at the end of the year, was much better than our passing offense last year. Our special teams, well, dont even get me started there. The only place in which we didnt see improvement was in the running game, and alot of that can be attributed to key injuries, no depth, and a very inexperienced OLine. All of this only translated into one or two more wins, but we were competetive in almost every game this year. The only one that I couldnt bear to watch was the Kansas game. If that doesnt qualify as improvement for you, than I would start to question you mental capabilities.

The tech game was very close to be a route like last year but a late hit switched the momentum at home for nebraska. Our defense hasn't improved at all imo. brad smith, evridge, ks all had field days. Our running game is terrible compared to last year. Our passing may be alil better. for every thing we got better in, we got worse in other thing.

The tech game was very close to be a route like last year but a late hit switched the momentum at home for nebraska. Our defense hasn't improved at all imo. brad smith, evridge, ks all had field days. Our running game is terrible compared to last year. Our passing may be alil better. for every thing we got better in, we got worse in other thing.

:rollin

Can we really say JuCo players are young? I mean most JuCo players only have 2 years of eligibility when they enter D1. I don't know whether or not you can call them young and inexperienced when they come in as juniors. They only have 2 years and they're out in most cases. So, this year Taylor is young and inexperienced and next year he's old and a senior?

We started to frosh tackles against KSU, but they haven't been the starters for the better part of the year. I don't think we can use them as excuses for being young and inexperienced. OU has the ability to place second only to Texas in the South this year. They start I believe either 10 or 11 redshirt or true freshmen. Now, you can call them young. We're nowhere even close to being as young as them. It's a nice excuse just like a new offense was last year, but then you compare it to a team like OU who's played in a much tougher division within the conference than NU I'm not sure it bears much weight. Just my 2 cents worth!

Can we really say JuCo players are young?  I mean most JuCo players only have 2 years of eligibility when they enter D1.  I don't know whether or not you can call them young and inexperienced when they come in as juniors.  They only have 2 years and they're out in most cases.  So, this year Taylor is young and inexperienced and next year he's old and a senior? 

We started to frosh tackles against KSU, but they haven't been the starters for the better part of the year.  I don't think we can use them as excuses for being young and inexperienced.  OU has the ability to place second only to Texas in the South this year.  They start I believe either 10 or 11 redshirt or true freshmen.  Now, you can call them young.  We're nowhere even close to being as young as them.  It's a nice excuse just like a new offense was last year, but then you compare it to a team like OU who's played in a much tougher division within the conference than NU I'm not sure it bears much weight.  Just my 2 cents worth!

I wore my new long sleeve Nebraska shirt today down here in Florida because it got a little cool outside.

I was approached by two "southerners" that said, and I quote, "Nebraska needs that old coach of theirs back...he knew how to win." Of course they couldn't remember his name so I helped them. "You mean Osborne?" They replied, "Yeah, that's the guy."