State of the Big Ten

The Dude

Michigan State struggles with Boise Community College who had to replace literally 5/6 of their team.

Northwestern beats Syracuse by a point. Is this a good win by Northwestern standards?

Wisconsin squeaks by Northern Iowa. :laughpound

Penn State gets handled by The MAC Attack, The Fighting Frankies, The Ohio Bobcats.

Iowa squeaks by Northern Illinois. :laughpound

Ohio State gives Fake Miami the business.

Illinois takes care of Western Michigan. Good on them.

Purdue Wallops E. Kentucky. Whoever that is.

Minnesota squeaks by UNLV in 3OT. Now, I know this is a good win by their standards.

Nebraska runs Southern Miss.

Michigan getting their sh#t pushed in by Alabama.

Indiana also played a football game, I think?

This is looking like a pretty down year for the conference.

The Big 10 does look fairly terrible. One thing's clear. The SEC is miles ahead of everyone. And it makes me want to puke. I'd be happy to see the semenholes or USC win the title this year. Hell, I'd even be ok with the whorns winning it if it would mean the SEC would be knocked from the top.

The Big 10 does look fairly terrible. One thing's clear. The SEC is miles ahead of everyone. And it makes me want to puke. I'd be happy to see the semenholes or USC win the title this year. Hell, I'd even be ok with the whorns winning it if it would mean the SEC would be knocked from the top.

The Big Ten will be much better in the next two years. One of the flagship schools had their talent depleted by rich rod and are still recovering.

MSU will be solid, Nebraska will be solid, ann arbor will be solid in the Legends. Iowa and Northwestern will be bowl teams.

Purdue is getting much better, OSU and Wisky will be sold in the Leaders. I think Illinois is going to do well.

Can't count on PSU, IU or Minny. Everyone else I see remaining the same or getting better.

UNI is one sneaky team :) I seriously don't know what happened with our game.

1Q: Good D. Bad O.

2Q: Good D. Good O.

First 13m of 3Q: Good D. Decent O.

Last 17m: Pop Warner D, Decent O.

Ok I do know, those new coaches, especially Canada need some time. Ash called a great first 40m then decided to go home early. Borland and Taylor were obviously high but still stuffed the poop out of the run.

Sound gameplan, BB was clearly trying to break in some of the newer guys. Few penalties, no turnovers, scored on 4/5 of our first possessions and murdered them on TOP.

I was pleasantly surprised with DOB, he'll fit just fine. Ball needs to break off the rust. Abbrederis showed he's still in great form. Secondary needs a lot of help. Fans seemed out of it.

Typical early season UW football. We always seem to play down to at least one opponent in September, last year was an exception.

If you are looking for the Big Ten to be like the SEC then you will be looking for a while.

Big Ten has fewer teams committed to football excellence, much harder to get kids into Big Ten schools, No Big Ten schools really oversign,etc

The top teams can definitely be like the top of the SEC and they will soon enough.

If you are looking for the Big Ten to be like the SEC then you will be looking for a while.

Big Ten has fewer teams committed to football excellence, much harder to get kids into Big Ten schools, No Big Ten schools really oversign,etc

The top teams can definitely be like the top of the SEC and they will soon enough.

Why? What is going to change to make them elite? Is it just the recent recruiting success for Michigan and Ohio State? Because I don't know if I see Nebraska making that leap. I wish it would happen but I'd be surprised to see it in the next 5 years. At least our schedule will be easier next year and we should be loaded with talent on both sides of the ball. That's our best chance probably in the near future.

Nebraska, Ohio State, Illinois and Purdue all did what they were supposed to do.

Iowa and Wiscy look to have some massive issues on offense. Judging by week one only, neither have a hope in hell of keeping up with Ohio State and Nebraska. And the Leaders looks like a legit 3 team race between Wiscy, Purdue and Illinois.

Minn will take any win they can get, same with Indiana. Neither have a real hope for a bowl game, so any win is a good win.

Northwestern won a road game, while doing a normal Northwestern thing of giving up a big lead.

Penn St... well get used to it. This is the next decade will probably look like.

Mich St at least didn't embarrass anyone. Boise has not lost a non con game in years. They had better keep their fingers crossed that Bell does not get hurt. No player can do 50 touches a game for long. And Maxwell is at best a work in progress. 3 pics in a game is a giant red flag.

Mich is going to get a head check this week. If they put the focus on Bama the same way the Huskers did USC a few years back, things could snowball to a 6 or 7 win season.

Iowa and Wiscy look to have some massive issues on offense. Judging by week one only, neither have a hope in hell of keeping up with Ohio State and Nebraska. And the Leaders looks like a legit 3 team race between Wiscy, Purdue and Illinois.

Our issue was more Defense than anything. We were shutting them out until the end of the third quarter when they remembered the forward pass and murdered us with it. Our secondary was pitiful.

Offense was actually decent for what we were trying to do, it wasn't 2010-11 UW but I don't think it was meant to be, it was more about breaking in DOB. We have a brand new QB and a RB who's still recovering from a concussion, I didn't expect 50+.

As far as the second statement a week ago I'd have given you a lot of flak for it but now I completely agree. This will not be an easy year for UW.

I'm thinking the massive coaching changes are having a deeper effect than they wanted to admit. Feeling as happy about Pitt losing to Youngstown as many Husker fans are?

You might be right. As far as the Pitt thing I guess I should be happy, they stole Zach Brown and then half our damn coaches. Thy just really want to be us and by extension NU since we copied everything from you all.

Sparty is also reloading quite a bit on offense, so it's too soon to water down their win vs. Boise. Say what you want about Boise, but their coach is probably right up there with Saban utilizing extended preparation (opener and bowls).

If anything the conference's performance this weeks says to me it's ours to win...I couldn't care less about the B10 vs SEC crap. We are never going to be as strong overall because of talent proximity and tighter ethical standards that effectively give the SEC teams more scholarships with roster management, and allow the dumbest of the dumb to attend their fine universities.