State of the Big Ten

The Dude

The Big 10 does look fairly terrible. One thing's clear. The SEC is miles ahead of everyone. And it makes me want to puke. I'd be happy to see the semenholes or USC win the title this year. Hell, I'd even be ok with the whorns winning it if it would mean the SEC would be knocked from the top.

Um no. Just no.

Yea that was too far, If they were in the nc I would love the sec to continue their streak

SEC is very top heavy. After Bama, LSU and Ark, they are not much different than other conferences. The media hype just follows around these three teams and gives an aura of greatness to the rest of the teams who don't deserve it.

South Carolina isn't too bad either. As I recall. :hmmph

True, and yet only a questionable call saved them from a loss to Vandy.

Yes the SEC is very good at the top, but this whole notion that they are invincible has gained too many adherents.

Conversley, the BIG did look shaky last week, but let's at least let the season play out a bit before rendering the autopsy.

The Big 10 does look fairly terrible. One thing's clear. The SEC is miles ahead of everyone. And it makes me want to puke. I'd be happy to see the semenholes or USC win the title this year. Hell, I'd even be ok with the whorns winning it if it would mean the SEC would be knocked from the top.

Um no. Just no.

Yea that was too far, If they were in the nc I would love the sec to continue their streak

If the Whorns were playing an SEC team for the championship, I would treat it just like I did the game this year......not watch. All teams involved make be sick to my stomach.

Is the B1G as tough as the SEC? Uh nope but there is definitely a media hype for the SEC. I know it was last year but UGa lost to Boise State, LSU and B1G 10 Mich State in their bowl. No real quality wins for UGa last year. Now this year they are favored in the SEC east and somehow they are ranked like #6. I say that is an advantage of being the SEC. Same with Arkansas. They beat nobody last year and were blown out by Ala and LSU by 30+ and by virtue of being in the SEC, they are top 10.

Alabama beats an overrated Mich team by 27 so now everone thinks the B1G sucks. Now when Alabama beats its SEC opponents by 24 on average, SEC schedule is still considered a guantlet.

Is the B1G as tough as the SEC? Uh nope but there is definitely a media hype for the SEC. I know it was last year but UGa lost to Boise State, LSU and B1G 10 Mich State in their bowl. No real quality wins for UGa last year. Now this year they are favored in the SEC east and somehow they are ranked like #6. I say that is an advantage of being the SEC. Same with Arkansas. They beat nobody last year and were blown out by Ala and LSU by 30+ and by virtue of being in the SEC, they are top 10.

Alabama beats an overrated Mich team by 27 so now everone thinks the B1G sucks. Now when Alabama beats its SEC opponents by 24 on average, SEC schedule is still considered a guantlet.

Creed - I agree with you! Right now we have no 'elite' teams in the B1G but do certainly have 5 quality teams (Wisc, tOSU, NEB, UMich and MSU) that are all moving in the right direction! It'll just take time... something our respective fan bases will have problems with. This year we must bring back the Roses to the B1G (as a start in the right direction). After that we will need to see 2 - 3 of our B1G teams consistently in the top 10 of the national ranking polls. This will take a bit of time, but we will get there as a conference.

One of the more interesting BTN programs this morning was BTN Live. On that show Revsine, Dinardo and Griffith intelligently discussed how the B1G can overtake the SEC and all agreed that more emphasis should be/has to be placed on in-state and especially out of state recruiting for the top HS talent. Seems the SEC has dedicated marketing programs (with significant budgets) targeting top HS talent for their Universities.

Good Luck to the Huskers this week in SoCal !. Simply roadgrade UCLA !!!

• Fire 1

After this pathetic day with 5 losses already certain, and a 6th probably an hour or so off, The B1G looks to be, maybe, on par with the ACC. SEC, Big XII, PAC12 all clearly head and shoulders above this conference.

Yes, the conference sucks a big one.

Sparty looks to be the clear favorite with a frosh QB. That's bad.