Re-watch Game Here

Bradr

Rewatching the ESPN feed, thanks for the link.

Might be going out on a limb a bit, but I really don't feel like Taylor's footwork/mechanic/whatever are really any measurable amount different than last year. It would seem that the amount of practice and experience is just adding up to good things.

Muscle memory. Making the right reads. Reading coverage. And not only making the right reads, but making them quickly. Making quick reads takes advantage of what pocket protection you do have.

Also, when they harped on replays where he was leaning out of a throw (as opposed to leaning in), it seems like some of those passes were ones where he put some touch or loft on the ball. There's not a thing wrong with that. I don't think it would be uncommon for a seasoned NFL QB to lean out of a fade route once in a while; it's kind of part of the motion. Over-analyzing his throwing motion when he throws for 76% is just obnoxious.

• Fire 1

No, they are a world's difference. And I think you can really see it in the end result of the throws. They are not picture-perfect, but they were quite bad on many occasions over the last few seasons. He's corrected a lot of things and has gotten a lot more consistent. It doesn't matter if you are lofting a deep fade, I don't think you are supposed to throw off your back foot.

I totally agree that his mechanics have traditionally either been bad or unorthodox. But the latter isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I do disagree though with leaning out of a throw on a fade. Especially when the pass is put spot-on target; it completely invalidates the criticism. Either way though, seriously - his performance was awesome! Very encouraging.

Let's face facts, who cares what his mechanics are like if he continues to put the ball where it can easily be caught, lofted when required and on a rope when needed. Personally I don't care if he sways his back and throws like uncle Rico or not. I'll take 70% plus and 0 ints any day of the week. But, I will say it sure does look better when he steps into it and does it right. Nothing but good things to say about TM's performance. Hope he he keeps it up.