4.5 point favorites over UCLA

Not surprising. Reading around on national reaction from our win, and there really isn't any. UCLA has gotten just about as much press beating Rice.

Neither team should be getting any national press. UCLA hasn't won a conference championship since 1998 and Nebraska hasn't won a conference championship since 1999. I don't think the national press will be covering two teams that haven't won a conference title this century.

With respect to UCLA, I just don't think they're there yet. Obviously an upset isn't inconceivable...the smart money says Burkhead doesn't make the trip, so if 2010-2011 TMart shows up instead of what we saw Saturday, UCLA's got a shot....That said look at Bo's record taking this team into hostile environments against teams that we should beat on paper. By my count, he's 11-0, and most of those were fairly lopsided.

If I had to pick a score at this point, I'd say 48-21 Nebraska, so obviously I'd take that line if I were a betting man.

Two thoughts:

The Rosebowl won't exactly be a "hostile environment" more of a neutral site.

Having said that, Didn't UCLA go into Austin and destroy the Lonhorns basically running right up their cow sphincters? yes, and J. Franklin did most of the running.....some things to think about

UCLA has an odd hex over Texas. In 98 I remember they absolutely bayoneted a Texas team that had Ricky Williams on the roster. Granted UCLA was pretty damn good that year, but still.

and we've had a hex on UCLA-for the most part, but J. Franklin is a beast.... just saying

Not surprising. Reading around on national reaction from our win, and there really isn't any. UCLA has gotten just about as much press beating Rice.

Neither team should be getting any national press. UCLA hasn't won a conference championship since 1998 and Nebraska hasn't won a conference championship since 1999. I don't think the national press will be covering two teams that haven't won a conference title this century.

why not? when was the last time notre dame won a conference championship? and they still get plenty of national attention.

You should be less worried about our conference titles, and more concerned with USC putting up billboards in your "hood"...

You should be less worried about our conference titles, and more concerned with USC putting up billboards in your "hood"...

Ouch. :laughpound

why not? when was the last time notre dame won a conference championship? and they still get plenty of national attention.

Notre Dame doesn't play in a conference for football.

Notre Lame should be forced into a BCS conference. No indy teams should be allowed in the Championship game next year.

Notre Lame should be forced into a BCS conference. No indy teams should be allowed in the Championship game next year.

:yeah

And I think sd'sker knows that ND doesn't play in a conference.

What are your thoughts on the spread?

What are your thoughts on the spread?

I come in peace.

Anybody need info on Pasadena,post it up...I've lived here for 5 decades.

I come in peace.

I am staying at Motel 6 at 225 Colorado place, in Arcadia ca.

How close is that to the stadium, and is it an easy drive to the game or should I allow some extra time for traffic. Would appreciate any info you can give me.

Thanks. and I hope for a good game, with us winning of course. :D

GBR!!!

Anybody need info on Pasadena,post it up...I've lived here for 5 decades.

My thought is that the Husker DT position, and to a lesser extent --- yet still critical --- the play of our DE's will determine the outcome of this game. If our defensive interior is as soft next week as they were last week --- if our guys are routinely bent backward at the waist and driven off the line of scrimmage (as they were against Southern Miss far too often)... then UCLA will abuse NU up the middle and ground and pound us badly. If they do that, they control clock and then the Husker offense does not get the ball nearly as much. Also, if our DE's end up in space chasing after the UCLA QB... well our DE's are slowwwwwww... And that will not go well either. If the Husker interior plays UCLA as they did Southern Miss --- then UCLA will dominate the clock get 250-300 yards on the ground and score a ton and the game is close... with UCLA conceivably winning.

If, however, the DT's for the Huskers at least hold their ground, and the middle of the field is not a highway to run through... then UCLA is not going to control clock and they are in trouble. If Hundley has to throw and if UCLA does not overly own the between the tackles running... then the Huskers win and cover the spread.

I think on the road, the spread is about right. Or... perhaps should be 1.0 -1.5 points larger.

This could be a close game folks... a high-scoring shootout --- unless the Husker interior plays dramatically better than last week.

If