Rose Bowl: Who Would you Rather Have to Play the Huskers?

Rose Bowl: Pick the Team  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Now...this is a hypothetical here and me drinking a lil too much Kool-aid right now, but if NEB makes it to the Rose Bowl, who would you rather see them play!?

A pro-style offense like USC's or a spread-option hurry up offense like Oregon's!?

When thinking about it a bit, I would rather take on USC as of right now from what I see from the defense. Now, the defense may improve their mobile QB containment, but NEB's defense typically eats pro-style QB's for lunch. I am not taking anything away from Matt Barkley. Barkley is an amazing pro-style QB, but I would rather see NEB play into it's defensive strengths. What do you guys think!?

USC has a better defense. USC has more experience. They both have good offenses. Oregon is a little bit better offensively. DeAnthony Thomas is really, really good.

We are capable of beating both, but I don't think we can beat someone like Alabama yet.

Alabama is in a league of their own....I won't even go there when comparing them to NEB.....Alabama deserves major props for the beatdown they gave to MICH.

Honestly, I don't think Michigan is that great - told my friends I wouldn't be surprised to see a 42-7 game. I think we could compete for a while... But the athletes on that team is insane. I honestly think USC is the only team that has a chance against them, and it's a slim chance. Oregons offense would get destroyed... The Alabama D line is incredibly deep and fast.

I predicted 41-13 in the Alabama vs. Michigan (so close....), so the game wasn't a surprise to me either. I think Alabama is the best team, but I don't think they are as far above everyone else as they looked. Michigan may be completely overrated.

To the initial question, I think USC would be better for NU to face, since Nebraska tends to do a little better against pocket passers, but I'm not sold on Oregon being as good as advertised, so it is a bit of a toss up in my mind.