Is Barney Cotton a good coach??

Huskurz

No, he is not a good coach but Bo is loyal to him so we are stuck with him as long as Bo is at NE

Callahan was loyal to Cosgrove as well and we all see where that got him in the end. Still, the defense shares most of the blame for this lost. The issues on that side are overwhelming. It's like thinking you're fairly healthy only to find out you have stage 4 cancer. The defense has regressed so badly even from last year that I don't have much hope of winning more than 6-7 games this year. Really sad considering how weak the rest of the Big 10 is and how ripe it is for us to get in the championship game. Typical Husker letdown year in and year out.

It's kind of hard to blame the line coach when you're running 7 yards a pop and the OC decides "hey, I think this is a good time to start pocket passing"....when the opposing D is overpursuing and you never counteract it even though you have great open-field running backs.

I don't see how you can even think it's the line coach's fault.

If you think the O-line played alright yesterday you should re-watch the last couple drives of the game. Sure, UCLA was sending pressure, but there were plays when our line had nobody blocked.

I'd be embarrassed if I were Barney.

The first half was significantly better. I think the line played poorly in the second half because a) we're thin and have no depth and b) we were being demoralized.

If you think the O-line played alright yesterday you should re-watch the last couple drives of the game. Sure, UCLA was sending pressure, but there were plays when our line had nobody blocked.

I'd be embarrassed if I were Barney.

They were sending pressure because our OC had our offense playing defense.....there are counters to pressure but he doesn't ever seem to be aware of them. I'd be embarrassed if I was Beck or any of the D coaches.