Tired of being let down!

I'm disappointed with the defense, but they did play better in the second half once we started doing more blitzes and becoming a little more physical. Too little too late Paps...........Kaz, better figured out the weak defensive line soon or people are gonna start calling for your head, terrible play from them. Obviously the LB's are terrible as well.

The offense played okay in the 1st half, but couldn't execute in the second half.............the blame is two fold, the play calling was terrible, but the execution wasn't there either............I still don't understand why Cross couldn't play and if Bo doesn't play him the rest of the year I'll be completely baffled at Bo's decision. A steady rotation of power I with rotation of Cross, Heard, and Abdullah would've worn them down. Questionable coaching decisions all around, but we don't know what facts they are using to make these decisions.

Special teams, Maher I don't know what's going on with you, but your girl better start giving you some because I would've thought he was concrete until this season. Surprising and just adds to the issues.

Martinez, not surprising he reverted back to his old ways when pressured. You have to understand and not be so short sighted so much, muscle memory takes thousand of reps to ingrain into your body. Until he gets the reps, he'll be battling this for awhile. He's definately our QB and I have no doubt about that.

He only reverted back to his own ways as far as decision making. I thought mechanics wise he looked good doing it.

I can honestly say that I didn't like the game last night, obviously. However, I think some people are blaming the defense and not even mentioning the offense. The offense was simply horrific in the second half. It looked like they were scared of all of the blitzing and stunts that UCLA threw there way. I can honestly say that I'm tired of people saying that they can't watch them anymore and they are tired of being "let down". I don't like to see players saying that the other team "wanted it more", but I'm also not going to turn my back on a bunch of boys, everyone needs to remember that they are still boys, playing for the best college football team in my opinion. I will continue to support them even if they would go 1-10 this year. I'm a Husker fan, it's what I do. I HATED Callahan, but I would still be supporting the Huskers to this day if he was still the coach. If you are a true fan......suck it up and watch and support the Huskers in every single game this year! If you choose to "take a break" then please don't come back when we are dominating people every single week again!

Play calling. Not offense. Play calling. Zone read from the 2 yard line? WTF? Was Beck SERIOUS? That safety was all on playcalling...PERIOD.

I would agree, but the offense also didn't execute. Play calling was awful, but execution was also awful.

I'm tired of being let down, I'm also tired of people sunshine pumping after games like this. I'm sick of people acting like this.

Where the hell have out standards gone? Is this sort of pathetic performance what we should be looking for? Most yardage given up since an OU game vs Wilkinson's Sooners in the '50s, back when they were in the middle of a 47 game winning streak. And if you take out the knees at the end of the game, it was actually more.

"Most other teams would be happy with..." News flash. NEBRASKA IS NOT MOST OTHER TEAMS!! Excellence is the ONLY standard we should ever except. Not whatever the hell this pathetic excuse for a football team is we fielded on Saturday.

I don't think there are many people on this thread that are "sunshine pumping". I was just making a point that I'm tired of "fair-weather" fans that are only truly on board when things are going well. I'm tired of people ready to stop watching just because of a bad, and I do agree that it was a BAD, performance. Either support the Huskers in the good times and the bad, or please go jump on the Alabama, USC or LSU bandwagon for this year.

I finally decided to join a Husker site after lurking for so long. I am looking for answers as to why this team continues to dissapoint me. We need better coaching, ones that can have this team prepared every week. The defense was horrible last night, that was embarrasing. Let's finish out the year and look for another leader and better recruiters.

I've been a huge supporter of Bo since day one, but today was the first time that I thought that maybe it's time for a change. It's been 5 years and I don't see any improvement and what's really scary is that these are all his players now. Defense is supposed to be his specialty and it seems to be getting worse and progressively slower and more unathletic.

I can not argue with anything that has been said here. I questioned the hiring of Bo based on his HC experience at the time. My comments lurk out there in cyber land, but hey- he is our guy and he has to fix this now. I expected 5 losses and it actually could be worse with our players saying they didn't want it enough. WTF? What do you want? Expanded locker rooms with a video game system is cool, but i hope we don't have a bunch of lolligaggers on the team. Lolligag to first- oops wrong sport.

If Nebraska had the '09 defense, they win Saturday's game 45-13.

The reason Nebraska lost and looked bad doing it is purely on the shoulders of our defensive front seven. There were mistakes offensively, but nothing compared to what the defense did. They were downright pathetic. We clearly don't have whatever it is we need up front to make the defense work. This means we have two solutions - find SOMEONE on the roster who can take over on the line, or change the scheme.

We've played the scheme-changing game regularly at Nebraska, mainly when Watson was OC, but have refused to make change it the last two years defensively. Perhaps it's time to seriously evaluate what they want to do defensively. A whole scheme change is unreasonable to do now that the season has started, but minor adjustments can be made.

My biggest question is didn't they see these things going on during the off season, in fall or spring camp? Did our coaches look at our lines and see good things? Did our offense dominate our defense and we just chalked it up to "man, our offense is great?"

so many husker fans are so entitled. get over yourselves. who do you think wants to win most? us whiny fans or the players and coaches actually doing the work and putting themselves out there for this inane and unfair criticism. seesh.

I pesonally don't question any player or coaches will to win, that's just ridiculous. I question results! I've been a fan and supported this program for 33 yrs through good times and bad times and I will continue to do so. Why does someone always have to say "get over yourself" when you question something? We're fans, this is what we do!

so many husker fans are so entitled. get over yourselves. who do you think wants to win most? us whiny fans or the players and coaches actually doing the work and putting themselves out there for this inane and unfair criticism. seesh.

I pesonally don't question any player or coaches will to win, that's just ridiculous. I question results! I've been a fan and supported this program for 33 yrs through good times and bad times and I will continue to do so. Why does someone always have to say "get over yourself" when you question something? We're fans, this is what we do!

it is not the questioning, and i was not calling anyone out individually. it is the fans feeling sorry for themselves that annoy me. i have problems with our defensive intensity and the offensive play calling, but some fans act like they are owed national championships year in and year out. it is disappointing when we are out-played, but all we have to do is just eat junk food, drink, and then come here and complain about what we deserve as fans. there is a line, and i was just getting annoyed by a few themes a little more salient in this thread.

The reason Nebraska lost and looked bad doing it is purely on the shoulders of our defensive front seven. There were mistakes offensively, but nothing compared to what the defense did. They were downright pathetic. We clearly don't have whatever it is we need up front to make the defense work. This means we have two solutions - find SOMEONE on the roster who can take over on the line, or change the scheme.

We've played the scheme-changing game regularly at Nebraska, mainly when Watson was OC, but have refused to make change it the last two years defensively. Perhaps it's time to seriously evaluate what they want to do defensively. A whole scheme change is unreasonable to do now that the season has started, but minor adjustments can be made.

My biggest question is didn't they see these things going on during the off season, in fall or spring camp? Did our coaches look at our lines and see good things? Did our offense dominate our defense and we just chalked it up to "man, our offense is great?"

09 defense shuts them out IMO

09 defense shuts them out IMO

I will agree that we would have beat that team with the 09 defense, but I'm not sure about shutting them out.

I take offense to being labeled a fair weather fan? Quite the opposite! Fair weather fans don't take unacceptable losses as hard as some of us die hards! Taking a break from "college football" i believe i said not only the Huskers! Taking a break doesn't equate to stop supporting the Huskers? I will still hope and pray they win every game left (of course), I will still tell people my favorite college team is Nebraska, I will still, every single year, give money to the program, I'm just saying, I need a break to get re-charged if you will?

Whether that break is a week, two weeks, the Wisconsin game, or the rest of the year (i highly doubt it), i don't know? I will go by how i feel and i will know when i'm ready to have my stomach turning and my heart pounding again like it was against UCLA! And don't get me wrong, i don't expect us to blow-out teams, cuz those days ended when TO quit!

I take offense to being labeled a fair weather fan? (Replace ? with !) I'm assuming that you didn't mean to use a question mark here because that would mean that you are asking us if you take offense. Quite the opposite! Fair weather fans don't take unacceptable losses as hard as some of us die hards!I would say that fair weather fans take losses hard because the team that they are currently rooting for has lost and they are mad that they hitched their wagon to the wrong star. Taking a break from "college football" i believe i said not only the Huskers! Taking a break doesn't equate to stop supporting the Huskers?I know that you can't compare Husker football to marriage, but I will. If things don't go well for a certain week, can I take a couple of weeks off from marriage? The answer to that SHOULD be NO. I am in it for the long haul, and I won't stop experiencing my marriage just because it's not going as well as I want it to. I will still hope and pray they win every game left (of course), I will still tell people my favorite college team is Nebraska, I will still, every single year, give money to the program, I'm just saying, I need a break to get re-charged if you will? Whether that break is a week, two weeks, the Wisconsin game, or the rest of the year (i highly doubt it), i don't know? I will go by how i feel and i will know when i'm ready to have my stomach turning and my heart pounding again like it was against UCLA! And don't get me wrong, i don't expect us to blow-out teams, cuz those days ended when TO quit!I will agree with you on this for a whole season but not in individual games. Bo and company have had some blow-out games, it's just not as many as the TO days.