A Completely Different Perspective

Fellow Husker Dad's

This hit me in the middle of church this morning(yes my mind wandered for a brief moment). Last night I spent the night outside on our patio watching the game with my 14 year old and 13 year old sons as my wife and two daughters were gone. I watched as both the boys got mad, yelled at the tv(and the coaches), asked me if i thought we could come back...etc etc. My oldest asked when we would get back to the way we used to be(he doesn't even know what that's like other than what I've told him and videos he's watched.). I came inside after the game and saw both their NU jerseys sitting on the kitchen table, they couldn't even wait until they got to their room to show their frustration....this is what hit me this morning...our family has another generation of rabid Husker fans who's emotions are high when we win and sometimes(most times) low when we lose. Better than that, we are enjoying being rabid fans together...now that's pretty cool. I remember going through much of the 70's and 80's watching with my dad, grandpa, and many many cousins etc...emotions were always high and I just couldn't believe we, "couldn't win the big game." Then, the 90's came and I was able to ride that wave as a teenager...remember busting my dad in the nose as i jumped in the air and hit him in the face on accident during a crucial win...I remember dancing on the pool table of a rented pavilion as we watched our boys dismantel our friend mr Sapp...etc....

See it wasn't all the wins and loses that I remember most(although I do remember many many details)...However, It's the times we spent together during the wins and loses..showing all sorts of emotions...I can't wait to experience many more of these opportunities both good and bad....

Here's to things in perspective!

GBR!

• Fire 2

Cool story, bro.

However, living in Baton Rouge, how am I supposed to convince my son to be a Nebraska fan, when on one channel Nebraska is getting torched by UCLA, and on the other channel, LSU is stomping a mudhole into the Washington Huskies?

Cool story, bro.

However, living in Baton Rouge, how am I supposed to convince my son to be a Nebraska fan, when on one channel Nebraska is getting torched by UCLA, and on the other channel, LSU is stomping a mudhole into the Washington Huskies?

Could use please keep your negative Nancy attitude to yourself for just a bit. It's too bad our D didn't play well, we didn't win, all that. But let me throw you a hypothetical because well it is only the second game of the season. Lets say UCLA only loses twice all year, a top 10 offense.. And Nebraska some how wins 11 games and makes it to the Big 10 championship game, maybe even wins it... Is your attitude going to be the same? Yes or No to that question, either way you have a serious problem. If you want to give constructive criticism and say we should have done this and this and why, sure that's great. Lament away. But to whine and moan... Time to grow up man. If you can't get your son to root for Nebraska because they don't win every game every year.. that's your problem. Welcome to reality.

And before you get on your "well if that's what you expect Nebraska to be speech", I'll just tell you no now. The way we played last night was not great, but before I go making any decisions on whether we need to rid our coach, I'll wait until we get a bit further into our season. So relax.

Cool story, bro.

cool story, bro.

however, it is your son. you figure it out.

• Fire 1

good post! The emotion, the "OMG the sky is falling" people..... that is what makes NEBRASKA FOOTBALL fans so great. We dont just "like" football, we "love" football. We get excited when we win, and angry when we lose. To love something, you really have to care about it, you have to cherish it. That is what makes us one of the best fans in all of CFB. Yes, we have the extremist, but why would they get so upset? Because they "love" their team. You have to be able to take the good with the bad (im talking about the fans here, not the team).

Cool story, bro.

Could use please keep your negative Nancy attitude to yourself for just a bit. It's too bad our D didn't play well, we didn't win, all that. But let me throw you a hypothetical because well it is only the second game of the season. Lets say UCLA only loses twice all year, a top 10 offense.. And Nebraska some how wins 11 games and makes it to the Big 10 championship game, maybe even wins it... Is your attitude going to be the same? Yes or No to that question, either way you have a serious problem. If you want to give constructive criticism and say we should have done this and this and why, sure that's great. Lament away. But to whine and moan... Time to grow up man. If you can't get your son to root for Nebraska because they don't win every game every year.. that's your problem. Welcome to reality.

And before you get on your "well if that's what you expect Nebraska to be speech", I'll just tell you no now. The way we played last night was not great, but before I go making any decisions on whether we need to rid our coach, I'll wait until we get a bit further into our season. So relax.

Will never, ever happen.

Sounds to me like you're the one who needs the reality check...

Cool story, bro.

Crazy idea here, but how about letting the kid choose his own team. If he wants to be a husker so be it and you can tell him about the "glory days" and the ins and outs of the program. But not everyone chooses that path, but it is their choice

Cool story, bro.

Crazy idea here, but how about letting the kid choose his own team. If he wants to be a husker so be it and you can tell him about the "glory days" and the ins and outs of the program. But not everyone chooses that path, but it is their choice

As long as its not Notre Dame, Colorado or Texas I think I'm ok with that coaching!

Cool story, bro.

Will never, ever happen.

Sounds to me like you're the one who needs the reality check...

That's why it's called a hypothetical.

• Fire 1