National perception of Bo Pelini

FLU

This is all just hypothetically speaking. We all know that Saban, as well as the other aforementioned coaches, would not come here. The question posed is that IF one of them came here and was able to recruit top-notch talent like we agree they would do, then why can't our current coaches?

I think it's pretty obvious and clear-cut. Saban came to LSU, who was getting zilch as far as recruiting, and led them to a NC. Then he went to Bama, which was a disaster thanks to Shula, and did the same thing. If you can't admit that, then you are in denial, plain and simple.

Most people don't think it matters, but those schools are in the south. They're close to homes of the elite talent in the country, and that's why even Vandy can have a better class than us. And i know you're gonna respond with some pessimistic crap, but it's true that playing for nebraska is quite the culture shock for most athletes especially coming from the west coast or the south.

All I'm saying is, as long as we keep using that excuse as a crutch, then things won't improve. If Saban could come here and recruit, then what is stopping the others??

we fans use that excuse, you think the coaches do? it is a lot easier said than done to get a top 10 recruiting class when you are competing with so many appealing schools.

A short list.

Nebraska (or Pelini) do not want to cheat at recruiting the way the SEC does

And I happen to know for a fact the schools who do Top 5 recruiting infallibly find a way how they aren't being coached correctly. Listen to PAWWWWWLLLL down South, any radio station out here after a USC loss, or any LSU fan if you don't believe me.

This is all just hypothetically speaking. We all know that Saban, as well as the other aforementioned coaches, would not come here. The question posed is that IF one of them came here and was able to recruit top-notch talent like we agree they would do, then why can't our current coaches?

Because as you have mentioned, players wanna play for the elite coaches, Saban, Miles, Mack Brown, Kiffin, Urban Meyer. Highschool kids don't see Bo as elite until we win something big. As you have previously mentioned numerous times...

Look at Bama and LSU and USC -- those are great recruits. And don't give me any BS about how hard it is to get kids to come to Lincoln, because neither Baton Rouge nor Tuscaloosa have anything that Lincoln doesn't have. The difference is that their programs have coaches who kids want to play for, and they don't care where the school is located. I have no doubt that if Saban began coaching in Alaska, he'd still finish in the Top 5 for recruiting.

Hahaha. If you honestly believe what you said right there.... I must respectively say you might be kinda stupid... respectfully of course.

I think it's pretty obvious and clear-cut. Saban came to LSU, who was getting zilch as far as recruiting, and led them to a NC. Then he went to Bama, which was a disaster thanks to Shula, and did the same thing. If you can't admit that, then you are in denial, plain and simple.

i am saying it is different down there. players get to stay close to home, play close to home, stay in the area they were raised. there is a huge pool of talent right in his backyard. if saban came to NU next year, i do agree he would be able to get top recruits, but that is after all of the success he has had in the SEC.

if you can not admit that it is harder to recruit at nebraska, then you are in denial, plain and simple.

Point proven. That's all I'm saying -- we need a coach here who has the respect nationally that makes kids willing and want to come here and play.

Look at Bama and LSU and USC -- those are great recruits. And don't give me any BS about how hard it is to get kids to come to Lincoln, because neither Baton Rouge nor Tuscaloosa have anything that Lincoln doesn't have. The difference is that their programs have coaches who kids want to play for, and they don't care where the school is located. I have no doubt that if Saban began coaching in Alaska, he'd still finish in the Top 5 for recruiting.

Hahaha. If you honestly believe what you said right there.... I must respectively say you might be kinda stupid... respectfully of course.

Please let me know what Baton Rouge and Tuscaloosa have that Lincoln doesn't. Please tell me.

i am saying it is different down there. players get to stay close to home, play close to home, stay in the area they were raised. there is a huge pool of talent right in his backyard. if saban came to NU next year, i do agree he would be able to get top recruits, but that is after all of the success he has had in the SEC.

if you can not admit that it is harder to recruit at nebraska, then you are in denial, plain and simple.

Point proven. That's all I'm saying -- we need a coach here who has the respect nationally that makes kids willing and want to come here and play.

as there are only a few such coaches, and they all seem happy were they are at, we will have to wait until bo becomes that coach because we are not bringing anyone with better national perception than him here. coaches do grow and learn and develop into those kind of coaches. also, there is still more to recruiting than just national perception.

Please let me know what Baton Rouge and Tuscaloosa have that Lincoln doesn't. Please tell me.

A coach willing to oversign. Which we will never have as long as Osborne is AD.

Closer to home for the elite players, elite coaches, not a complete culture change from their everyday lives.

And baton rouge is a damn nice town, i love baton rouge.

Closer to home for the elite players, elite coaches, not a complete culture change from their everyday lives.

And baton rouge is a damn nice town, i love baton rouge.

better food for one thing.

• Fire 1