National perception of Bo Pelini

FLU

I live in Baton Rouge. Baton Rouge sucks.

Well, they're obviously doing something right, aren't they? Doesn't matter what it is, they're top 5 we aren't. game. set. match. We're improving noticeably and I can't stand Husker fans like you that after a heartbreaking loss completely whine for the next week about the state of the team instead of being a supportive fan.

edit: guys! I'm on the Travel Squad!!! woooo hooo! 102!

Edited by ibleedredsince1985

Look at Bama and LSU and USC -- those are great recruits. And don't give me any BS about how hard it is to get kids to come to Lincoln, because neither Baton Rouge nor Tuscaloosa have anything that Lincoln doesn't have. The difference is that their programs have coaches who kids want to play for, and they don't care where the school is located. I have no doubt that if Saban began coaching in Alaska, he'd still finish in the Top 5 for recruiting.

Hahaha. If you honestly believe what you said right there.... I must respectively say you might be kinda stupid... respectfully of course.

Please let me know what Baton Rouge and Tuscaloosa have that Lincoln doesn't. Please tell me.

Closer to home for the elite players, elite coaches, not a complete culture change from their everyday lives.

And baton rouge is a damn nice town, i love baton rouge.

better food for one thing.

what they said.

Look at Bama and LSU and USC -- those are great recruits. And don't give me any BS about how hard it is to get kids to come to Lincoln, because neither Baton Rouge nor Tuscaloosa have anything that Lincoln doesn't have. The difference is that their programs have coaches who kids want to play for, and they don't care where the school is located. I have no doubt that if Saban began coaching in Alaska, he'd still finish in the Top 5 for recruiting.

Hahaha. If you honestly believe what you said right there.... I must respectively say you might be kinda stupid... respectfully of course.

Please let me know what Baton Rouge and Tuscaloosa have that Lincoln doesn't. Please tell me.

Location. Warm weather. Just the top 2 that pop in my head, both extremely important.

Location. Warm weather. Just the top 2 that pop in my head, both extremely important.

Location in relation to what? Hurricanes?

As for "warm" weather, more like smoldering. Ever played in full pads in 120-degree heat index with 100% humidity? Welcome to Baton Rouge.

I'm a Husker fan, born and bred in Nebraska, but I now live in So Cal. Not sure about the national perception of Bo, but he looked like an ass a couple of years ago during the big 12 championship. These images last. Not even close to the class of Mr Tom Osborne

Do not say Dr. Tom Osborne and Pelini in the same sentence.

Location in relation to what? Hurricanes?

As for "warm" weather, more like smoldering. Ever played in full pads in 120-degree heat index with 100% humidity? Welcome to Baton Rouge.

They want their families to come and see them play, AT THE STADIUM! And that's kinda pricey for them to do if they fly up to Nebraska. If you look at the Rivals 150, majority of the players are in no relation close to Nebraska. That's what location means, nimrod.

OK, so we all agree that if Saban was here, we'd be in the Top 5 for recruiting. So why can't we do it now?? There should be no excuses.

Probably because Saban has already won 3 National Titles therefore our recruiting class more than likely would be in the top 10/5 on a yearly basis if he was coaching at Nebraska.

Location,Weather,etc aren't everything. A good coach can fix that.

Take a look at UCLA as an example. They always suck while USC is king. USC in in the Ghetto, UCLA is in the burbs. Naturally UCLA should be the better school right? apparently something is wrong out there because UO, UDub and Boise Steal those recruits all the time.

I know what some of you are saying, "Who is this mythical proven coach that Nebraska is gonna get to replace Pelini?", but weather and culture really are the most overrated aspect to recruiting

Three words to disprove everything you just said:

High School Talent.

In this table, southeast means Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Florida.

Players on Roster NOT from the Southeast/Number of Players on Roster

Alabama--15/116 (13%)

LSU--7/111 (6.3%)

Nebraska--111/144 (77.1%)

I'll put this in BIG NUMBERS for you. 77.1% of Nebraska 's players are NOT from the Southeast.

Tell me that the difference in talent doesn't exist.

:lol: Take a recent, highly successful non-SEC program and tell me what % of their players are not from the southeast. USC, Stanford, to think of a few...

Better yet, take a look at the roster of our next opponent, Arkansas State, and what % of their players are in fact, from the Southeast.

I am not sure what meaning you are trying to extract from these statistics. All they show is that schools in the southeast, have a lot of football players from the same region. Shocking ;)