National perception of Bo Pelini

FLU

I just think it's pathetic that you guys are so willing to accept anything less than excellence. If your standards are low, you can expect low results. Basically most of you are saying that Bo is the best we can get, no other established coach would ever want to come here, no top notch recruits would ever want to come here. And as long as that is your mentality, and you're willing to accept that, then nothing will change.

One, where did I say that I accept anything less than excellence?

Two, why does it matter what our mentality is?

Three, I think Bo is the best we can get right now. If ever the time comes where changing coaches making more sense, I'm for it. Right now, it doesn't.

• Fire 1

I just think it's pathetic that you guys are so willing to accept anything less than excellence. If your standards are low, you can expect low results. Basically most of you are saying that Bo is the best we can get, no other established coach would ever want to come here, no top notch recruits would ever want to come here. And as long as that is your mentality, and you're willing to accept that, then nothing will change.

no one has said that no top recruit wants to come here, we have just said it will be harder. and that it is better to give bo time to develop into a great head coach and take a risk one another.

we think it is delusional that we could fire bo (who has done relatively well) and just open the checkbook and get one of these mythical established coaches you insist are willing to come here.

being close to family, wanting to play in thee premier conference, not wanting to play in the midwest, let alone the rural midwest. it is more than just 'location'.

You are contradicting yourself. You say all of the above, but then on the other hand you say that if we had an established coach here, they'd be willing to come. So which one is it? You can't have both.

Three, I think Bo is the best we can get right now. If ever the time comes where changing coaches making more sense, I'm for it. Right now, it doesn't.

we think it is delusional that we could fire bo (who has done relatively well) and just open the checkbook and get one of these mythical established coaches you insist are willing to come here

Please point out where I ever said right now. I said IF things regress under Bo, and we start going under 9 wins.

Please point out where I ever said right now. I said IF things regress under Bo, and we start going under 9 wins.

Certainly, after you point out where I said I expect less than excellence.

being close to family, wanting to play in thee premier conference, not wanting to play in the midwest, let alone the rural midwest. it is more than just 'location'.

You are contradicting yourself. You say all of the above, but then on the other hand you say that if we had an established coach here, they'd be willing to come. So which one is it? You can't have both.

it can be both. why are they mutually exclusive. location (and everything that comes with it) is important, but if you had a coach the players knew they would win with, that would also be important. probably more important. talk about a false dichotomy. recruiting, and high school players, is way more complex than you are giving it credit.

how many of these coaches you speak of do you think there are?

More than you think. Jimmy Johnson? Jon Gruden? Bill Cowher?

why has other programs not yet got them? do you know these people? do you know if they would coach a college team, let alone the huskers?

I am just throwing out names. Why not?? I know LSU was considering Gruden back when they got Miles.

Wow the secret is that Nebraska needs a former NFL coach to take over. At least that's never been tried. Or Jimmy Johnson, who nakedly cheated at Miami.

this thread is ugly enough without the thought of a naked jimmy johnson.

Man, different strokes for different folks I guess.

we think it is delusional that we could fire bo (who has done relatively well) and just open the checkbook and get one of these mythical established coaches you insist are willing to come here

Let's assume IF.... Do you have any hire suggestions?

Because we all know the overlying control Huskerboard.com has over the athletic department?

My #1 choice would be Chris Petersen. I also think highly of Gary Patterson. I'm a Rich Rod fan as well. Bobby Petrino.

I was being sarcastic. I've seen your list of candidates a number of times already. Petersen is the only one listed above that I would even consider wanting.... In my opinion, we should stick with Bo because I believe he is the guy for Nebraska....

My #1 choice would be Chris Petersen. I also think highly of Gary Patterson. I'm a Rich Rod fan as well. Bobby Petrino.

Chris Petersen had a blank check he could have filled in to go to UCLA. He declined.

Gary Patterson has turned down several offers as well.

Rich Rod? Because he did great in the Big Ten. Good Lord.

If you think Nebraska alums would put up with Petrino's crap with the rations of sh#t they threw at Pelini after A&M 2010, than I question how you miss walls when you walk.