National perception of Bo Pelini

FLU

Funny inbox msg I just rec'd: I want to let you know that I 100% appreciate the outlook that you bring to the board. Most of these f**s have their heads so far up their asses, wanting to believe that stars and talent don't matter. I live in an SEC town myself and I can't imagine people spewing such ridiculous attitudes. Like I said, just wanted to let you know that I agree with about 95% of what you say and that Huskerboard is full of douche.

wow, that really is quite the indictment of most of us f***s. what a compelling argument in favor of your stance; an undisclosed source.

OK, so we all agree that if Saban was here, we'd be in the Top 5 for recruiting. So why can't we do it now?? There should be no excuses.

Probably because Saban has already won 3 National Titles therefore our recruiting class more than likely would be in the top 10/5 on a yearly basis if he was coaching at Nebraska.

exactly my point!! Why is that so hard for some people to understand? If Pelini doesn't work out, then our next hire needs to be an established, well-respected coach who can get the recruits to come here!!

my god! it is so simple! why did t.o. not think of that? why does not every program in american think of that?

Some of them have. Those are the schools in the NC hunt year after year.

I never said that there wasn't a huge discrepancy in talent. Everybody knows that. The point is, if a guy like Saban could get that type of talent to come here, then why can't our coaches?

Do you even read the posts after you post yours. Many posts explain the answer to your question, but you seem to keep asking the same damned question over and over. Reread this thread.

It worked for Bama, worked for LsU, worked for every school willing to open their pocketbooks. Why not us? Are you saying that we should just keep making the same mistakes over and over?

I don't get why it has to be Saban..

It doesn't. Was just using him as an example.

It worked for Bama, worked for LsU, worked for every school willing to open their pocketbooks. Why not us? Are you saying that we should just keep making the same mistakes over and over?

Money isn't everything. Every school?

Coaches who have, or had salaries over $2,000,000 from 2006-2011.

Kirk Ferentz? Bobby Petrino? Will Muschamp? Houston Nutt? Dan Mullen? Paul Johnson? Jeff Tedford? Derek Dooley?

OK, so we all agree that if Saban was here, we'd be in the Top 5 for recruiting. So why can't we do it now?? There should be no excuses.

Probably because Saban has already won 3 National Titles therefore our recruiting class more than likely would be in the top 10/5 on a yearly basis if he was coaching at Nebraska.

exactly my point!! Why is that so hard for some people to understand? If Pelini doesn't work out, then our next hire needs to be an established, well-respected coach who can get the recruits to come here!!

my god! it is so simple! why did t.o. not think of that? why does not every program in american think of that?

Some of them have. Those are the schools in the NC hunt year after year.

how many of these coaches you speak of do you think there are? five, maybe six? not every school can have a top five recruiting class, by definition. also, miles would not leave lsu for michigan, what does that tell you?

I never said that there wasn't a huge discrepancy in talent. Everybody knows that. The point is, if a guy like Saban could get that type of talent to come here, then why can't our coaches?

Do you even read the posts after you post yours. Many posts explain the answer to your question, but you seem to keep asking the same damned question over and over. Reread this thread.

There's a big difference between legitiimate reasons and excuses. All I've seen are excuses.

There's a big difference between legitiimate reasons and excuses. All I've seen are excuses.

Legitimate reasons? You mean every reason that is posted after yours?

Excuses? You mean every reason that is posted after yours which think isn't a legitimate reason?

You either love him, or hate him, and there's not a lot of folks in the gray area.

I've always liked him as our coach, but like everyone else, wondering at times, what the hell is he thinking? But I think he's got to evolve. I'm not sure if they've broken away from the mindset of when we were in the Big XII. That type of ball isn't going to win us conference titles, and I think the fact that they went away from what they used to do (running, defense... kind of a staple of B1G football), has set the team back some. They'll have to change things to get us back to that, but it's going to take time. It needs to be realized and addressed, and if those changes can be made, then going forward, we'll do better.

A little "shedding of light" for those who think that Bo can't coach.... If you remember this particular Cowherd show (I listen to a lot of them), Colin couldn't quit gushing over Bo, and how highly regarded he is as a coach. Some of the quotes from the show are in this journal star blog link.

http://my.journalstar.com/post/Husker_Extra_Group/Husker_Extra/blog/private_planes_trains_and_cowherd.html