National perception of Bo Pelini

FLU

I never said that there wasn't a huge discrepancy in talent. Everybody knows that. The point is, if a guy like Saban could get that type of talent to come here, then why can't our coaches?

Do you even read the posts after you post yours. Many posts explain the answer to your question, but you seem to keep asking the same damned question over and over. Reread this thread.

There's a big difference between legitiimate reasons and excuses. All I've seen are excuses.

Legitimate reasons? You mean every reason that is posted after yours?

Excuses? You mean every reason that is posted after yours which think isn't a legitimate reason?

I was given 2 : location and weather. Wow... really?

how many of these coaches you speak of do you think there are?

More than you think. Jimmy Johnson? Jon Gruden? Bill Cowher?

why has other programs not yet got them? do you know these people? do you know if they would coach a college team, let alone the huskers?

I am just throwing out names. Why not?? I know LSU was considering Gruden back when they got Miles.

I never said that there wasn't a huge discrepancy in talent. Everybody knows that. The point is, if a guy like Saban could get that type of talent to come here, then why can't our coaches?

Do you even read the posts after you post yours. Many posts explain the answer to your question, but you seem to keep asking the same damned question over and over. Reread this thread.

There's a big difference between legitiimate reasons and excuses. All I've seen are excuses.

Excuses? You mean every reason that is posted after yours which think isn't a legitimate reason?

being close to family, wanting to play in thee premier conference, not wanting to play in the midwest, let alone the rural midwest. it is more than just 'location'.

why has other programs not yet got them? do you know these people? do you know if they would coach a college team, let alone the huskers?

I am just throwing out names. Why not?? I know LSU was considering Gruden back when they got Miles.

was gruden considering lsu?

I will say this for you.... You have a lot of ideas....

Weather's meh, but some recruits don't want to play in the cold. Why is that not a legitimate reason?

Location is a legitimate reason. Say you're a recruit in the southeast, who wants to play football close enough so your family can afford to watch you play. You get tickets, but they have to have the transportation. So you stay close to home. The talent in the Southeast US is better than the Midwest, so naturally, they recruit better talent.

Wow the secret is that Nebraska needs a former NFL coach to take over. At least that's never been tried. Or Jimmy Johnson, who nakedly cheated at Miami.

I just think it's pathetic that you guys are so willing to accept anything less than excellence. If your standards are low, you can expect low results. Basically most of you are saying that Bo is the best we can get, no other established coach would ever want to come here, no top notch recruits would ever want to come here. And as long as that is your mentality, and you're willing to accept that, then nothing will change.

Wow the secret is that Nebraska needs a former NFL coach to take over. At least that's never been tried. Or Jimmy Johnson, who nakedly cheated at Miami.

this thread is ugly enough without the thought of a naked jimmy johnson.

• Fire 1

Kids wanting to be close to home is not an excuse. I used to be in the navy and had a ton of 18 yr old sailors that had the choice of the world to go and live but they choose the base closest to their home state so they could be close to Mom/Dad. If it is happening in the military, why would you think it would be any different for a college student? They might be young adults, but some still need their families emotional support close to them.