Compton "Throwing the Bones"

Bowfin

But to celebrate for something you are already tasked with doing in the first place? I mean, do you get up, throw the bones, and dance around whenever you successfully complete your expected tasks as Moderator of these boards? :)

yes!

tumblr_m95stoCuaX1rurj1ko1_400.gif

Don't know if you guys realize this, but every time we check the Active Reports list or move a thread, that's what we do.

And you guys complaining about Compton throwing the bones...would it have been embarrassing if we had pulled off the last second win? If not, then I call BS...that's evidence that it is about the loss and not about 'throwing the bones'.

It's not the win or loss, it is the 650+ yards...that's embarrassing, period. And if you don't think that was an embarrassing effort regardless of final score or outcome, then you might look to call your BS closer to home.

But to celebrate for something you are already tasked with doing in the first place? I mean, do you get up, throw the bones, and dance around whenever you successfully complete your expected tasks as Moderator of these boards? :)

yes!

tumblr_m95stoCuaX1rurj1ko1_400.gif

Don't know if you guys realize this, but every time we check the Active Reports list or move a thread, that's what we do.

That's eerily similar to the Oppa Gangnam Style dance.

I always prefer the guys who absolutely obliterate someone and then stand up still looking angry, with no celebration. I just think that's way more intimidating for the opposing offense. Like, the defender who just knocked every centimeter of air out of him not only expected that to happen, he expects it all night long so it's not even worth celebrating.

The defense had a Jekyll and Hyde game, just like the offense. Honestly, and I don't spend nights laying awake thinking about it, but I do kind of feel like throwing the bones after getting run over roughshod for at least half the game is a little much. Maybe reserve that for a 2010 Oklahoma performance, something like that. Conversely, Compton played a good game, and he was putting out effort all game. I have no problem with Will Compton throwing the bones. He has turned into a dependable LB. He's not an AA, but he'll give us everything he has, and he'll make some plays. Throw 'em all you want Will.

I DID happen to see Meredith do it at one point late (on an assisted tackle, not a solo) and I'll admit that drew a bit of a sneer.

Then again, I've never smashed a RB on third down to force the punt. It's an emotional game, and I can understand excitement bubbling over. Hell, I've pumped my fist like I was Tiger at Augusta after hitting a triple twenty in a meaningless dart league game, so who am I to say anything about a little pose after delivering a hit that matters? It's a lot better than that UCLA kid celebrating 30 seconds into the game after making a three yard reception for a first down. :lol:

I always prefer the guys who absolutely obliterate someone and then stand up still looking angry, with no celebration. I just think that's way more intimidating for the opposing offense. Like, the defender who just knocked every centimeter of air out of him not only expected that to happen, he expects it all night long so it's not even worth celebrating.

The defense had a Jekyll and Hyde game, just like the offense. Honestly, and I don't spend nights laying awake thinking about it, but I do kind of feel like throwing the bones after getting run over roughshod for at least half the game is a little much. Maybe reserve that for a 2010 Oklahoma performance, something like that. Conversely, Compton played a good game, and he was putting out effort all game. I have no problem with Will Compton throwing the bones. He has turned into a dependable LB. He's not an AA, but he'll give us everything he has, and he'll make some plays. Throw 'em all you want Will.

I DID happen to see Meredith do it at one point late (on an assisted tackle, not a solo) and I'll admit that drew a bit of a sneer.

Then again, I've never smashed a RB on third down to force the punt. It's an emotional game, and I can understand excitement bubbling over. Hell, I've pumped my fist like I was Tiger at Augusta after hitting a triple twenty in a meaningless dart league game, so who am I to say anything about a little pose after delivering a hit that matters? It's a lot better than that UCLA kid celebrating 30 seconds into the game after making a three yard reception for a first down. :lol:

This ^^^

Well, considering that up to that final pick and score, we were neck-and-neck and fighting for the win, I'm not sure how anybody could rationally criticize players for showing fire at that point in time.

Actually, even if we were down 63-0, I don't see what is wrong about players showing fire when they make plays, as opposed to giving lackluster body language, but I will admit those are different situations and different discussions.

Zoogies, there is something to be said about acting as if you've 'done it before', if you will. I don't have a problem once or twice getting fired up, especially if it's an extraordinary play.

lol- I needed this laugh today!!

Will Compton is a starting senior middle linebacker. He's the "leader" of the defense.

By definition, he gets to decide when throwing the bones is appropriate. It's his and his defense's tradition, not "ours".

Kinda like when the Pope can say something, Catholics gotta believe he's speaking the truth.

Compton is the equivalent of the Pope in this scenario.

He has "Blackshirt Infallibilty"

• Fire 1