What will happen the rest of the year! BOOK IT!

akita

Arkansas st:: 56-30 Fans still mad that Huskers give up 300 total yards.

Idaho St: 49-3 Fans start getting pumped up because Huskers allow only 150 yards that game and field goal comes off a special teams turn over.

Wisconsin: 38- 9 I gave Bucky 9 points as the over under for Bucky for the game is 8.

Ohio St: 42- 13 Braxton Miller and Buckeyes have an epic melt down and national media says we are back!

Norhtwestern: 51-49. National media says we are weak again as maher Kicks a 50 plus yard field goal to win the game as time ends. Even in the cold!

Michigan: 38-21 Shoe lace throws like the back up QB from Ohio St and Michigans defense is just depleted. Maybe score 50 in this one!

Michigan ST: 24-3 It is MSU! Will be ranked number 5 in the country and up for the game. Bo stuffs 9 in the box. First loss for MSU! Huskers in the top ten for ranking now!

Penn ST. 63-11. Penn St scores late and goes for 2 at end of game!

Minnesota: 31-17 Looking at teams ahead of Huskers and have let down!

Iowa: LMAO 56-6. Iowa misses 4 field goals. Pray and hope for chaos on final Saturday.

11-1. It looks great on paper. The following year we drink a lot of kool aid and easy schedule and fall flat on our face! Also Ucla losses to Oregon and gets Rose bowl bid for rematch. We destroy UCLA as they had hopes to play in national title game! If I hit on this, I need someone to put my resume into a gambling site,because I am money. Have a good one my friends and stay thirsty. KOOL AID IS GREAT SPIKED WITH GRAIN ALCOHOL!

How can UCLA lose to Oregon AND go to the Rose Bowl? The only way Oregon and UCLA meet this year is by meeting in the PAC-12 Championship game and the winner of that goes to the Rose Bowl.

Also, how in the world could Nebraska schedule Arkansas State and Idaho State? Is Nebraska trying to get into the SEC?

Uh, if Oregon is undefeated and goes to the National Championship game? :lol:

The schedule has been made for quite some time.

"The schedule has been made for quite some time" does not really answer my question, which is this: "Why is a school with a strong football tradition such as Nebraska scheduling schools with much smaller programs such as Arkansas State and Idaho State?"

I realize that schedules are made in advance, but UCLA (and I think two other BCS schools whose names I cannot remember) has NEVER played a non-BCS school. If you are going to schedule two "Little Sistes of the Poor" schools then you might as well move to the SEC, where that kind of scheduling is par for the course.

One problem is other big name schools will not accept the challenge! Other problem is with college football and money it is necessary to get a certain amount of home games each year! It will start to change once the 4 team play off format is installed. Expect to see neutral site games and big money tossed at the Universities.

We'll cruise to easy wins in our other two non-conf games. Probably win 6 out of 8 of our B1G games. Or maybe 5 out of 8 if we lay another egg like NW last year. This will give us a 9 or 10 win season, if we win our bowl game.

I realize that schedules are made in advance, but UCLA (and I think two other BCS schools whose names I cannot remember) has NEVER played a non-BCS school. If you are going to schedule two "Little Sistes of the Poor" schools then you might as well move to the SEC, where that kind of scheduling is par for the course.

You do realize that Rice is a non-BCS school right? As is Houston, the school you play this Saturday.

• Fire 1

You do realize that Rice is a non-BCS school right? As is Houston, the school you play this Saturday.

he must mean non FBS school im guessing, since we have Idaho State. But he did sound like a moron in that post.

he must mean non FBS school im guessing, since we have Idaho State. But he did sound like a moron in that post.

lebowski.gif

Yeah I thought that might be it, but then why mention Arkansas St.? They're definitely FBS.

Yeah I thought that might be it, but then why mention Arkansas St.? They're definitely FBS.

then maybe he doesn't know what a BCS school/conference is :laughpound

you mlb 51: I lost a grand total of 2750 on that game. I crapped myself/lol. I thought at least 23 point victory. Granted i made my money back up over sunday. I pissed away all my earnings. It happens. And I will not be touching the Huskers this weekend.

I guess the question we should ask is...why? Why did you think we were going to blow out a team that we had zero film on, has had consistent Top-30 recruiting classes, and has a NFL-caliber coach at the helm?

The lack of film alone had us going into this game with one-hand tied behind our back, and with relatively new coordinators to boot.

All the warning signs were there, and we're nowhere close to being 1994-97 Nebraska, talent-wise; why would you expect a blow-out with all of these negative factors sitting out there?

The reason I put the 2500 down!( Actually,lost 2750) Red Shirt freshman QB. I for the first time in a long time am not scared of 2nd and TEN with this team. 3 Freshman O-Lineman for UCLA. Watched part of the Rice game! I pay no attention to recruiting classes. Look at the Miami when they recruited that High school team that won the High school national title. I was sure our Run game would do very well. Turned out to be true in the 1st half. New coaching staff and I always hear about a new system and problems the teams have. Figured we would force a couple of turnovers for field position. Did not expect Abdullah to fumble on the first play of the 2nd half.Originally my bet was for a grand. I got drunk on Friday night and got confident raised it another 1500. I talked to a Insider within the UCLA program ( Not on the Staff) and he thought my bet was Golden. I lost and that is it. I actually was liking the play calling in the 2nd half. The reason why was I needed that spread covered. Plus I was drinking. In reality Beck called a terrible 2nd half. Now, My question is this? Why do People pay all that money to fly out to California to sit and watch a 3 hour football game. How much did they spend over that weekend! Plus NFL coaches have not had a great track record in the college ranks. This team was 6-7 last year. They were terrible. I lost and it happens is all. But the positives of this game are is that Nebraska was competitive and fought till the end.

I fully expected NU to win, but was a little worried. UCLA has good players Skippy did a pretty good job of recruiting, he just did a lousy job of coaching. Mora has brought a little disipline and lit a fire under their butts and see what can happen. The starting of a redshirt freshman can be bad but if the kid is really talented and confident as this Hunley appears to be I don't think it is a problem. Besides the pressure usually doesn't bother them. A lot of times they don't know any better so they don't let it get to them. Sounds silly, but it is true. Don't be surprised if UCLA only loses a couple of games this year. They play USC and Stanford that will be pretty good. Most of the other Pac 12 opponents are not very good or are in the same boat as they are with new coaches, and I don't think ASU or Arizona has as good a talent as UCLA.

NU's biggest issue in that game was that they tackled so poorly. Missed tackles happen, but not that many. Take away 75% of the misses and UCLA has 400 yards of Total offense instead of 600.