What will happen the rest of the year! BOOK IT!

akita

Arkansas st:: 56-30 Fans still mad that Huskers give up 300 total yards.

Idaho St: 49-3 Fans start getting pumped up because Huskers allow only 150 yards that game and field goal comes off a special teams turn over.

Wisconsin: 38- 9 I gave Bucky 9 points as the over under for Bucky for the game is 8.

Ohio St: 42- 13 Braxton Miller and Buckeyes have an epic melt down and national media says we are back!

Norhtwestern: 51-49. National media says we are weak again as maher Kicks a 50 plus yard field goal to win the game as time ends. Even in the cold!

Michigan: 38-21 Shoe lace throws like the back up QB from Ohio St and Michigans defense is just depleted. Maybe score 50 in this one!

Michigan ST: 24-3 It is MSU! Will be ranked number 5 in the country and up for the game. Bo stuffs 9 in the box. First loss for MSU! Huskers in the top ten for ranking now!

Penn ST. 63-11. Penn St scores late and goes for 2 at end of game!

Minnesota: 31-17 Looking at teams ahead of Huskers and have let down!

Iowa: LMAO 56-6. Iowa misses 4 field goals. Pray and hope for chaos on final Saturday.

11-1. It looks great on paper. The following year we drink a lot of kool aid and easy schedule and fall flat on our face! Also Ucla losses to Oregon and gets Rose bowl bid for rematch. We destroy UCLA as they had hopes to play in national title game! If I hit on this, I need someone to put my resume into a gambling site,because I am money. Have a good one my friends and stay thirsty. KOOL AID IS GREAT SPIKED WITH GRAIN ALCOHOL!

How can UCLA lose to Oregon AND go to the Rose Bowl? The only way Oregon and UCLA meet this year is by meeting in the PAC-12 Championship game and the winner of that goes to the Rose Bowl.

Also, how in the world could Nebraska schedule Arkansas State and Idaho State? Is Nebraska trying to get into the SEC?

Uh, if Oregon is undefeated and goes to the National Championship game? :lol:

The schedule has been made for quite some time.

Idaho St: 49-3 Fans start getting pumped up because Huskers allow only 150 yards that game and field goal comes off a special teams turn over.

Wisconsin: 38- 9 I gave Bucky 9 points as the over under for Bucky for the game is 8.

Ohio St: 42- 13 Braxton Miller and Buckeyes have an epic melt down and national media says we are back!

Norhtwestern: 51-49. National media says we are weak again as maher Kicks a 50 plus yard field goal to win the game as time ends. Even in the cold!

Michigan: 38-21 Shoe lace throws like the back up QB from Ohio St and Michigans defense is just depleted. Maybe score 50 in this one!

Michigan ST: 24-3 It is MSU! Will be ranked number 5 in the country and up for the game. Bo stuffs 9 in the box. First loss for MSU! Huskers in the top ten for ranking now!

Iowa: LMAO 56-6. Iowa misses 4 field goals. Pray and hope for chaos on final Saturday.

11-1. It looks great on paper. The following year we drink a lot of kool aid and easy schedule and fall flat on our face! Also Ucla losses to Oregon and gets Rose bowl bid for rematch. We destroy UCLA as they had hopes to play in national title game! If I hit on this, I need someone to put my resume into a gambling site,because I am money. Have a good one my friends and stay thirsty. KOOL AID IS GREAT SPIKED WITH GRAIN ALCOHOL!

How can UCLA lose to Oregon AND go to the Rose Bowl? The only way Oregon and UCLA meet this year is by meeting in the PAC-12 Championship game and the winner of that goes to the Rose Bowl.

Also, how in the world could Nebraska schedule Arkansas State and Idaho State? Is Nebraska trying to get into the SEC?

Ucla and Oregon are undefeated at the time! So a clash of 2 top 3 teams! Oregon beats them and they get Rose bid!

you mlb 51: I lost a grand total of 2750 on that game. I crapped myself/lol. I thought at least 23 point victory. Granted i made my money back up over sunday. I pissed away all my earnings. It happens. And I will not be touching the Huskers this weekend.

I guess the question we should ask is...why? Why did you think we were going to blow out a team that we had zero film on, has had consistent Top-30 recruiting classes, and has a NFL-caliber coach at the helm?

The lack of film alone had us going into this game with one-hand tied behind our back, and with relatively new coordinators to boot.

All the warning signs were there, and we're nowhere close to being 1994-97 Nebraska, talent-wise; why would you expect a blow-out with all of these negative factors sitting out there?

I unfortunately predict that our linebackers Compton, Whaley and Fisher will not get any faster over the course of the season. Hard to see if the staff will do the right thing and try to get more speed on the field. We can only hope.

Well...from recent articles and rumblings....the defensive coaches are going to try and get Z. Anderson and Santos on the field...thank Jesus. I was calling for Santos in the middle of the UCLA game for Whaley stinking it up.

Yeah, read some of those quotes, at least we finally got confirmation that Papuchis is aware of the lack of speed on defense. Till this quote all I was hearing was that they were blaming things on players being out of position and poor tackling, well there's a reason why they're out of position and its because they're not fast enough to get to where they're supposed to be!

"Defensive coordinator John Papuchis said the coaching staff is already looking at ways to change up its defensive personnel was to get faster as a unit. He said NU's lack of speed on defense has been an issue, so they're looking to get faster players on the field. He said the next two weeks would be huge, as he wants to be as close as possible to having the starting defense and rotation locked in before the Big Ten opener against Wisconsin."

The thing that blows my mind is that they knew the line was slow & not performing well and yet didn't adjust. Why didn't they look at putting the faster players in more before this humilating performance? Do we not have any? Eric Martin comes to mind as one. Poor game preparation by the coaching staff.......

Bo is giving JP too much reign as defensive coordinator and it cost us a winnable game. He needs to do his job better.

you mlb 51: I lost a grand total of 2750 on that game. I crapped myself/lol. I thought at least 23 point victory. Granted i made my money back up over sunday. I pissed away all my earnings. It happens. And I will not be touching the Huskers this weekend.

I guess the question we should ask is...why? Why did you think we were going to blow out a team that we had zero film on, has had consistent Top-30 recruiting classes, and has a NFL-caliber coach at the helm?

The lack of film alone had us going into this game with one-hand tied behind our back, and with relatively new coordinators to boot.

All the warning signs were there, and we're nowhere close to being 1994-97 Nebraska, talent-wise; why would you expect a blow-out with all of these negative factors sitting out there?

The reason I put the 2500 down!( Actually,lost 2750) Red Shirt freshman QB. I for the first time in a long time am not scared of 2nd and TEN with this team. 3 Freshman O-Lineman for UCLA. Watched part of the Rice game! I pay no attention to recruiting classes. Look at the Miami when they recruited that High school team that won the High school national title. I was sure our Run game would do very well. Turned out to be true in the 1st half. New coaching staff and I always hear about a new system and problems the teams have. Figured we would force a couple of turnovers for field position. Did not expect Abdullah to fumble on the first play of the 2nd half.Originally my bet was for a grand. I got drunk on Friday night and got confident raised it another 1500. I talked to a Insider within the UCLA program ( Not on the Staff) and he thought my bet was Golden. I lost and that is it. I actually was liking the play calling in the 2nd half. The reason why was I needed that spread covered. Plus I was drinking. In reality Beck called a terrible 2nd half. Now, My question is this? Why do People pay all that money to fly out to California to sit and watch a 3 hour football game. How much did they spend over that weekend! Plus NFL coaches have not had a great track record in the college ranks. This team was 6-7 last year. They were terrible. I lost and it happens is all. But the positives of this game are is that Nebraska was competitive and fought till the end.

I wish for once we could be on the winning end of the any given saturday argument. It seems like we are always that team that is prompting the idea from the sh#t end. (see NW, ISU, you get the point.) When was the last time that no one was giving us a shot and we come and burn the place down? The last game that I can think of is Texas in that CCG, even though we still lost.

I forgot the Big Ten championship game. I will pick Wisconsin again! Purdue will fold. It might be a team with a losing record playing in the championship game! The reason I went with Wisconsin is Because of BUCKY. Have to give him some love!

Wisconsin will have to improve quite a bit if they plan on getting to indy, me thinks. But idk, that side of the conference is dismal, I could see them all beating the sh#t out of each other, minus OSU. It will be interesting to see if someone takes hold on that side.

How is our side of the conference not just as dismal? I mean Iowa lost at home to Iowa State. Penn State is dismal, but it's not like they can play for anything anyway. I can see our side of the conference beating on each other especially NU/MU/MSU. I like the sound of mixing the defense up to get faster, but it sucks that it took a nut stomping to get to this point. I still wouldn't be surprised to see MU win the Big 10. The Bama' game was no fluke, but it just shows how far behind the SEC we are.

I forgot the Big Ten championship game. I will pick Wisconsin again! Purdue will fold. It might be a team with a losing record playing in the championship game! The reason I went with Wisconsin is Because of BUCKY. Have to give him some love!

Wisconsin will have to improve quite a bit if they plan on getting to indy, me thinks. But idk, that side of the conference is dismal, I could see them all beating the sh#t out of each other, minus OSU. It will be interesting to see if someone takes hold on that side.

Well it is a race between Indiana,Purdue, Wisconsin and Illini.

MLB 51: It is not like they got blown out. What if UCLA is a Auburn type? Not saying national title run,but meets Oregon in the PAC 12 title game and loses. Then are we really upset? The Answer is NO. Taht team was Athletic.

I agree with you that they were much better than I expected them to be, but still.... If we play half as good as we did vs. Southern Miss, we win that game easily. If we cut our missed tackles in half, we win that game. If Ameer Abdullah doesn't fumble the ball 1st play of the 2nd half and set a bad tone for the rest of the game, who knows?... Maybe we win that game, still having played like total crap.

We lost the battle of field position, we lost the battle of coaching, we lost the special teams battle, we lost the turnover battle (I think), and as a result, we lost the game.

Uh, if Oregon is undefeated and goes to the National Championship game? :lol:

The schedule has been made for quite some time.

"The schedule has been made for quite some time" does not really answer my question, which is this: "Why is a school with a strong football tradition such as Nebraska scheduling schools with much smaller programs such as Arkansas State and Idaho State?"

I realize that schedules are made in advance, but UCLA (and I think two other BCS schools whose names I cannot remember) has NEVER played a non-BCS school. If you are going to schedule two "Little Sistes of the Poor" schools then you might as well move to the SEC, where that kind of scheduling is par for the course.