What will happen the rest of the year! BOOK IT!

akita

I unfortunately predict that our linebackers Compton, Whaley and Fisher will not get any faster over the course of the season. Hard to see if the staff will do the right thing and try to get more speed on the field. We can only hope.

Well...from recent articles and rumblings....the defensive coaches are going to try and get Z. Anderson and Santos on the field...thank Jesus. I was calling for Santos in the middle of the UCLA game for Whaley stinking it up.

Hope your prediction comes true, I would love for us to have a chance to win the B1G this season. It's been way too long without a conference title.

Every one talked about how tough the schedule was this year. Well apparently the schedule is not that tough. Every One has looked weak,except Michigan ST. Please some one argue that point! You Cant! The Huskers have a very weak schedule is all and it is not like our offense cannot play with people. Even if these predictions happen does not mean we are an elite team! It just means we are a team with 11 wins is all. Big Ten is Horrible this year! And I hope we get to the Rose bowl,because I do not want to see a SEC team. Okay maybe Arkansas.

I thought Michigan State looked weak in some ways, especially on offense outside of Bell. Northwestern doesn't look "strong" per se but they can compete with every team on their schedule and have handled two talented and well coached teams already. Minnesota beat an FCS school for the first time in a while so clearly they're on the rise.

As "beatable" as tOSU has looked at times they have to be the favorite in every game they play.

Bucky, I agree with you on MSU looking weak in some ways. I honestly think MSU has a loss before the Nebraska game. I just threw that in that they have no lose for hope sake and Nebraska gets a win is all! The real Wild card is Northwestern right now! Did I REALLY JUST SAY THAT? IN OTHER WORDS THE BIG TEN IS A GLORIFIED WAC/MAC/ WHATEVER CONFERENCE with teams with history is all. Nothing more. Again key word is History! Because this present system shows us nothing to be proud of! Right now I wish all our bowl games were against big east teams! Do I really wish that? NO! Would rather have a challenge and hope of some upsets. Just cannot see Nebraska VS Louisville in a bowl game.

I unfortunately predict that our linebackers Compton, Whaley and Fisher will not get any faster over the course of the season. Hard to see if the staff will do the right thing and try to get more speed on the field. We can only hope.

Well...from recent articles and rumblings....the defensive coaches are going to try and get Z. Anderson and Santos on the field...thank Jesus. I was calling for Santos in the middle of the UCLA game for Whaley stinking it up.

Yeah, read some of those quotes, at least we finally got confirmation that Papuchis is aware of the lack of speed on defense. Till this quote all I was hearing was that they were blaming things on players being out of position and poor tackling, well there's a reason why they're out of position and its because they're not fast enough to get to where they're supposed to be!

"Defensive coordinator John Papuchis said the coaching staff is already looking at ways to change up its defensive personnel was to get faster as a unit. He said NU's lack of speed on defense has been an issue, so they're looking to get faster players on the field. He said the next two weeks would be huge, as he wants to be as close as possible to having the starting defense and rotation locked in before the Big Ten opener against Wisconsin."

I am just glad we are not in the big 12 right now. If we were, Bo would be on the Hot seat. Play in that league this year and it might be time for boosters to pony up and get rid of Bo! Think about last year and our schedule we were suppose to have! Would have been ugly! Lets just face some facts! The 90s are not coming back. Heck the 80s are not coming back! I left Lincoln,Nebraska in 1989 after high school and hit weather where I was in shorts around Christmas Time! I NEVER MADE IT BACK TO NEBRASKA! The Huskers are going to have to start recruiting Boise ST style to be relevant or start promoting Omaha as one of the best cities per capita to work in for income and life style! But what does a 18 year old kid care about a job when his dream is to play in the NFL! I think Omaha is the number 2 city to live in per capita for income and life style. That is why I made that comment! Correct me if I am wrong!

I could believe all of that except the Ohio State game. We are going to get rolled in that game.

That is the one game I had figured as a lose.

Same here. I marked that game as a gauranteed loss. Any given Saturday though....the Huskers are 1 game down, yet there is plenty of season left and still sights of a BIG10 title game

Yeah, read some of those quotes, at least we finally got confirmation that Papuchis is aware of the lack of speed on defense. Till this quote all I was hearing was that they were blaming things on players being out of position and poor tackling, well there's a reason why they're out of position and its because they're not fast enough to get to where they're supposed to be!

"Defensive coordinator John Papuchis said the coaching staff is already looking at ways to change up its defensive personnel was to get faster as a unit. He said NU's lack of speed on defense has been an issue, so they're looking to get faster players on the field. He said the next two weeks would be huge, as he wants to be as close as possible to having the starting defense and rotation locked in before the Big Ten opener against Wisconsin."

YES!! YES!! YES!! THIS is what we need! Music to my ears! BTW Akita-love your prediction! Here's to a great rest of the season. :cheers

UCLA is not that good. NU surrendered more yards to UCLA than Rice. Bo has a history of improving the defense as the year goes on, but Beck has shown to be no better at adjusting during a game than Watson. He also has a tendency to panic in tight, high scoring games and ask Martinez to be a drop back passer.

Watson did fine with his offense when he was allowed to run his offense and used the players he wanted, Watsons failure was being retained for the smokescreen and having the shackle that is Barney Cotton and his entire lineage forced into his offense, I wonder sometimes if some even pay attention at all.

UCLA is not that good, they are in fact a gimme, throw Bama up against them and see how good they are. I'm pretty sure USC and Oregon could show just how talented they are. You know the type, real staffs with solid recruiting

michigan state puts up 400+ yards rushing on our 119th ranked rushing defense. bo still refuses to rush more than 4, and his stubbornness and heavy hand leads to JP's early exit under intense media pressure for defensive change after 2 less than stellar endings to the season. not suprisingly, Bo promotes someone with even less experience than JP to the coordinator role, and we see it all over again in 2013.

Arkansas st:: 56-30 Fans still mad that Huskers give up 300 total yards.

Idaho St: 49-3 Fans start getting pumped up because Huskers allow only 150 yards that game and field goal comes off a special teams turn over.

Wisconsin: 38- 9 I gave Bucky 9 points as the over under for Bucky for the game is 8.

Ohio St: 42- 13 Braxton Miller and Buckeyes have an epic melt down and national media says we are back!

Norhtwestern: 51-49. National media says we are weak again as maher Kicks a 50 plus yard field goal to win the game as time ends. Even in the cold!

Michigan: 38-21 Shoe lace throws like the back up QB from Ohio St and Michigans defense is just depleted. Maybe score 50 in this one!

Michigan ST: 24-3 It is MSU! Will be ranked number 5 in the country and up for the game. Bo stuffs 9 in the box. First loss for MSU! Huskers in the top ten for ranking now!

Penn ST. 63-11. Penn St scores late and goes for 2 at end of game!

Minnesota: 31-17 Looking at teams ahead of Huskers and have let down!

Iowa: LMAO 56-6. Iowa misses 4 field goals. Pray and hope for chaos on final Saturday.

11-1. It looks great on paper. The following year we drink a lot of kool aid and easy schedule and fall flat on our face! Also Ucla losses to Oregon and gets Rose bowl bid for rematch. We destroy UCLA as they had hopes to play in national title game! If I hit on this, I need someone to put my resume into a gambling site,because I am money. Have a good one my friends and stay thirsty. KOOL AID IS GREAT SPIKED WITH GRAIN ALCOHOL!

How can UCLA lose to Oregon AND go to the Rose Bowl? The only way Oregon and UCLA meet this year is by meeting in the PAC-12 Championship game and the winner of that goes to the Rose Bowl.

Also, how in the world could Nebraska schedule Arkansas State and Idaho State? Is Nebraska trying to get into the SEC?