Chase Rome quits?

How hard would transitioning to a 3-4 be when we're already 2 games in? Honestly, by the defense already looking out of position and clueless at times, could they really handle changing the one thing they (kind of) know?

Edit: And as I fix my spelling, I see knapplc just basically said what I said. But it's a good concern to have.

Now, correct me if I am wrong if anyone knows, but don't you ditch 2-gap d-line responsibility when you go 3-4!?

I would think so, but 3-4 is a pretty distant concept for me, I'm sure someone knows it well. Thinking of the NFL, quite a few teams use it IIRC, and obviously a lot of speed on D in the NFL, so maybe that's an angle this staff is looking at with getting younger, faster players involved?

Didnt Texas A&M do it in the middle of season in 2010? It proved to be pretty effective, and if I recall, they did it to better match the personel they had versus the offenses they were facing.

No sh#t!? If the gaggies can do it, we can as well.

I don't know - they are an SEC team. SEC teams can do anything. They're superhuman.

• Fire 1

How hard would transitioning to a 3-4 be when we're already 2 games in? Honestly, by the defense already looking out of position and clueless at times, could they really handle changing the one thing they (kind of) know?

Edit: And as I fix my spelling, I see knapplc just basically said what I said. But it's a good concern to have.

Now, correct me if I am wrong if anyone knows, but don't you ditch 2-gap d-line responsibility when you go 3-4!?

I would think so, but 3-4 is a pretty distant concept for me, I'm sure someone knows it well. Thinking of the NFL, quite a few teams use it IIRC, and obviously a lot of speed on D in the NFL, so maybe that's an angle this staff is looking at with getting younger, faster players involved?

Yep...and if you're playing against a bigger more run-oriented power football team, like Wiscy, just bring in a few bigger LB's and have them play up close to the line or bring up a safety or two. hmmmm....I am willing to see how the 3-4 works out. I am sorta intrigued.

Didnt Texas A&M do it in the middle of season in 2010? It proved to be pretty effective, and if I recall, they did it to better match the personel they had versus the offenses they were facing.

I don't know - they are an SEC team. SEC teams can do anything. They're superhuman.

Don't chu ruin this moment for me. : :sarcasm:: I am getting excited about a 3-4 defense. chuckleshuffle We do have a ton of LB's and DB's on scholarship, get the speed on the field.

They have been practicing the 3-4 for ahwile. If you follow closely dinardo said something about it on the preview show, when he was here for practice.

I didn't catch it, but if that's the case then at least it isn't a completely foreign look to them.

Yes, but if my math is correct, it may have to evolve into a 3-gap. :ahhhhhhhh

Another d linemen quits and so far we have 0 DT commits for this years recruiting class. Is it Todd peat's time to shine ?

Todd Peat isnt even playing, or traveling with the team. Kevin Williams played alot, more then Rome i think.

Peat reinjured his back a few weeks ago. Valentine is also injured. He could play in a diminished capacity but they'd rather have him red shirt and heal up.

Seems like 3-4 was discussed in the off season quite a bit on this board. We do seem to have more lb personel than d-line. But, (except for Rome) no other changes have happened that I'm aware of. Why wouldn't this be addressed in the off-season by the coaching staff as well? Something fishy goin' on.

Good point. Now isn't exactly the time to be retooling the defense.

More and more, I'm wondering what the heck is going on in those coach's offices. Is it lack of experience, lack of effort, or lack of knowledge of just who/what they have for players?

did bo not try to drastically change the defense before the mizzou blowout way back when?

when does nebrasketball season start?

• Fire 1

Yeah, but Vandy is 0-2! I think we found the 'superSEC's' kryptonite!

Now...how to harness this power and use it against them...

So, I keep checking back on this thread and all anyone is going on is a tweet "wanna-be" journalist? Correct? No offense to the tweet. Just don't want to get worked up and read all this "venting" over nothing. Sometimes I wonder if the enemy is UCLA, ASU ... or my fellow Husker fan on Huskerboard. :confucius

Society has changed so much they'd rather start a lynch mob than actually look at facts and reasons for thing. Its the Fox News effect where every story they covered was breaking news and usually negative. The found out early people want to kick someone why they are down so they can feel better about themselves. It sells and thats why people are more prone to do it. Why do you think bullying at schools and online has become so common place?

Seems like 3-4 was discussed in the off season quite a bit on this board. We do seem to have more lb personel than d-line. But, (except for Rome) no other changes have happened that I'm aware of. Why wouldn't this be addressed in the off-season by the coaching staff as well? Something fishy goin' on.

Good point. Now isn't exactly the time to be retooling the defense.

More and more, I'm wondering what the heck is going on in those coach's offices. Is it lack of experience, lack of effort, or lack of knowledge of just who/what they have for players?

did bo not try to drastically change the defense before the mizzou blowout way back when?

when does nebrasketball season start?

Yes, but he admitted afterwords that he just got way to cute with a scheme to try to fool Daniels and in effect put his own players out of position too many times.