Chase Rome quits?

found this on another board-

Via my brother: "Just talked to someone who talked to players. They are switching to the 3-4 and Rome didn't like that. He complained, Bo told him he sucked and he walked out of a team meeting"

I highly doubt he told him he sucked, thats the Bo hate starting to come out. Baker was going to play NT and apparently Rome didnt like that and walked out of a meeting. Its all speculation at this point, just want to atleast keep the speclation on track. Before you know it well have people saying Bo punched him in the face.

Gotta be a record for reliable source.

Anyways, regardless of how it happened or why, this is becoming very concerning now. It has gone from tendancy to pattern with players leaving lately.

Hey...Bo just punched Chase Rome in the face! He's in the hospital! He might practice tomorrow! I heard this somewhere, and then made some of it up...

OR DID I?!?!?!

:)

I heard Bo put him in the Figure Four and made him tap. Bo is now the Intercontinental Champion.

• Fire 1

If we do in fact switch to a 3-4, this will allow for more speed with lb's. But you gotta have a stout nose to handle the double teams and lb's that can get off blocks. Plus you can run more twists up front by getting lb's involved.

Whatever the case true or not.....seems like change is coming.

Via my brother: "Just talked to someone who talked to players. They are switching to the 3-4 and Rome didn't like that. He complained, Bo told him he sucked and he walked out of a team meeting"

I highly doubt he told him he sucked, thats the Bo hate starting to come out. Baker was going to play NT and apparently Rome didnt like that and walked out of a meeting. Its all speculation at this point, just want to atleast keep the speclation on track. Before you know it well have people saying Bo punched him in the face.

Anyways, regardless of how it happened or why, this is becoming very concerning now. It has gone from tendancy to pattern with players leaving lately.

You forgot part of it...'found this on another board'. Probably The Onion website.

If we transition to a 3-4 scheme in the midst of the season, then we are dumber than I thought we were. If there is truth to Rome leaving the team, the I say good luck to him. You all seem to jump on kid's backs around here and make comments toward their character because they leave. If they feel like they can do better and have a chance to be happy somewhere else, then so be it. If you've been at your job for 25 years, and the boss keeps promoting the young newcomers right past you even though you know you could do well in the position, then you would thing about finding greener pastures too. If you didn't think about it, then your the sucker, nobody else. Maybe Rome moves on and does well somewhere. Again, if there is even any truth to this.

If you're at a job 25 years and keep getting passed over its because you're at a level that you can handle and other people have more talent and are better. You can leave or realize you're as good as you're going to get and decide to be happy and contribute at your best level or you can leave and look for a job elsewhere and most likely be miserable.

Oh...and we worked on the 3-4 almost as much as we did our base defense so its not like we're starting fresh.

Yes, you can tough it out and stay, your right. But you can't fault a guy for thinking he may have a shot at making a difference somewhere else. A lot of these guys want to have great college careers and maybe even move on to the Professional level. If that's what he wants, so be it. Good luck to him. Cody Green and Aaron Green seem to making impacts for their teams already.

As far as you 3-4 comment, what evidence do you have that says we worked on 3-4 as much as our base? I never heard more than just rumor mill bullsh#t from this site. Other than that, I heard no concrete evidence that we were actually doing it. If we did, work on the 3-4 and 4-3 equally, I guess that would explain why our 4-3 looks so f'ing' terrible this year huh? Maybe we should focus on one scheme at a time.

If we transition to a 3-4 scheme in the midst of the season, then we are dumber than I thought we were. If there is truth to Rome leaving the team, the I say good luck to him. You all seem to jump on kid's backs around here and make comments toward their character because they leave. If they feel like they can do better and have a chance to be happy somewhere else, then so be it. If you've been at your job for 25 years, and the boss keeps promoting the young newcomers right past you even though you know you could do well in the position, then you would thing about finding greener pastures too. If you didn't think about it, then your the sucker, nobody else. Maybe Rome moves on and does well somewhere. Again, if there is even any truth to this.

If you're at a job 25 years and keep getting passed over its because you're at a level that you can handle and other people have more talent and are better. You can leave or realize you're as good as you're going to get and decide to be happy and contribute at your best level or you can leave and look for a job elsewhere and most likely be miserable.

Oh...and we worked on the 3-4 almost as much as we did our base defense so its not like we're starting fresh.

Thanks for clearing that up, i think thats important. The media is already jumping on this as a huge change, when in fact its something we have been working on.

Hey guys....correct me if I am wrong....didn't we try the 3-4 when we entered the Big 10? Then switched to 4-3? For some reason I thought we did.

We need some linemen to penetrate and lb's that are fast.......

after reading that last sentence, I just stated the obvious...i got nothing today....eject!

haha yeeaaah was the only thing i could find outside of the twitter reports. i, as well, am starting to get concerned. the mary tyler moore incident was easier to push off as pre madonna. with more of this happening it makes me feel like there is a mutiny in the works... hope bo is watching his back

haha yeeaaah was the only thing i could find outside of the twitter reports. i, as well, am starting to get concerned. the mary tyler moore incident was easier to push off as pre madonna. with more of this happening it makes me feel like there is a mutiny in the works... hope bo is watching his back

Awesome. Very good sir. :thumbs

• Fire 2