Chase Rome quits?

How hard would transitioning to a 3-4 be when we're already 2 games in? Honestly, by the defense already looking out of position and clueless at times, could they really handle changing the one thing they (kind of) know?

Edit: And as I fix my spelling, I see knapplc just basically said what I said. But it's a good concern to have.

Now, correct me if I am wrong if anyone knows, but don't you ditch 2-gap d-line responsibility when you go 3-4!?

Yes, but if my math is correct, it may have to evolve into a 3-gap. :ahhhhhhhh

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we transition to a 3-4 scheme in the midst of the season, then we are dumber than I thought we were. If there is truth to Rome leaving the team, the I say good luck to him. You all seem to jump on kid's backs around here and make comments toward their character because they leave. If they feel like they can do better and have a chance to be happy somewhere else, then so be it. If you've been at your job for 25 years, and the boss keeps promoting the young newcomers right past you even though you know you could do well in the position, then you would thing about finding greener pastures too. If you didn't think about it, then your the sucker, nobody else. Maybe Rome moves on and does well somewhere. Again, if there is even any truth to this.

found this on another board-

Via my brother: "Just talked to someone who talked to players. They are switching to the 3-4 and Rome didn't like that. He complained, Bo told him he sucked and he walked out of a team meeting"

I highly doubt he told him he sucked, thats the Bo hate starting to come out. Baker was going to play NT and apparently Rome didnt like that and walked out of a meeting. Its all speculation at this point, just want to atleast keep the speculation on track. Before you know it well have people saying Bo punched him in the face....dont even try it Nuance lol

If we transition to a 3-4 scheme in the midst of the season, then we are dumber than I thought we were. If there is truth to Rome leaving the team, the I say good luck to him. You all seem to jump on kid's backs around here and make comments toward their character because they leave. If they feel like they can do better and have a chance to be happy somewhere else, then so be it. If you've been at your job for 25 years, and the boss keeps promoting the young newcomers right past you even though you know you could do well in the position, then you would thing about finding greener pastures too. If you didn't think about it, then your the sucker, nobody else. Maybe Rome moves on and does well somewhere. Again, if there is even any truth to this.

I agree. Was my thoughts on the Tyler Moore situation as well. Not good riddance. Good luck.

If you're at a job 25 years and keep getting passed over its because you're at a level that you can handle and other people have more talent and are better. You can leave or realize you're as good as you're going to get and decide to be happy and contribute at your best level or you can leave and look for a job elsewhere and most likely be miserable.

Oh...and we worked on the 3-4 almost as much as we did our base defense so its not like we're starting fresh.