WildCat Offense QB ?

Ronznotes

When you have a qb like taylor to run the ball, what is the advantage in having a rb taking snaps?

In this case, Rex runs a mean zone read.

We also have guys like maybe Jamal Turner who are perhaps less explosive runners than Taylor, but more dynamic. They bring a different kind of threat with their running style.

Rex is a special player, and a different story altogether. I interpreted the op's opening question as who was the next rb who can be the wildcat qb. I agree turner is a dynamic runner, but not sure how much is gained by plugging him in there.

If they were to plug another player in at wildcat, I would think it would be Jamal Turner. But I second what DJR313 said.

Burkhead had some experience at throwing the ball, which was why he was useful in the Wildcat, he was a back that could mostly run and sometimes throw it, making it difficult for the defense to defend. Jamal Turner brings that kind of flexibility to our team, a WR in this case that has experience throwing the ball. Mix in his ability to make a play, shake and move to make the defense miss, much like Burkhead. He would be the excellent choice to run the Wildcat after Burkhead leaves.

One name, so amazing there is no need to use another. ENUNWA! (admit it you read it phonetically in your head!)Beast in the backfield. I really have no idea how he would do, but just love to see that kid lay the wood. Can you imagine the intensity of the D if a guy like him and Rex were on D. Pure, driven intensity.

Q as a lB would be nice, this kids got a future for sure

If they were to plug another player in at wildcat, I would think it would be Jamal Turner. But I second what DJR313 said.

Hell, Snap it to him and let him create one or two plays a game. I can't be the only one wishing Turner got more touches, we all want to see that next level type talent on this team. Well Turner is one of those next level talent type guys.

While on the surface, Taylor M might be the choice for a Wildcat Qb, I dissagree. To me Jamal Turner is the one who should get those snaps. Martinez might be faster in the open field, but he can't avoid a tackle to save his hide. I doubt Turner gets tackled in the end zone last saturday by a much bigger player with a full head of steam. Taylor gets a deer in the headlights look and freezes. Turner may not have made big yardage put I'm betting he doesn't get tackled for a safety.

The guy was on him right after the read.... RGIII gets sacked there.... Besides it was the wrong read by Martinez....

RGIII would have been tackled also, I agree. May have been the wrong read, but most definetly the WRONG play in that situation.

While on the surface, Taylor M might be the choice for a Wildcat Qb, I dissagree. To me Jamal Turner is the one who should get those snaps. Martinez might be faster in the open field, but he can't avoid a tackle to save his hide. I doubt Turner gets tackled in the end zone last saturday by a much bigger player with a full head of steam. Taylor gets a deer in the headlights look and freezes. Turner may not have made big yardage put I'm betting he doesn't get tackled for a safety.

The guy was on him right after the read.... RGIII gets sacked there.... Besides it was the wrong read by Martinez....

RGIII would have been tackled also, I agree. May have been the wrong read, but most definetly the WRONG play in that situation.

No doubt....

One name, so amazing there is no need to use another. ENUNWA! (admit it you read it phonetically in your head!)Beast in the backfield. I really have no idea how he would do, but just love to see that kid lay the wood. Can you imagine the intensity of the D if a guy like him and Rex were on D. Pure, driven intensity.

Hey, I don't know if anyone else has said this (I don't read every thread) but it is pretty sad that the toughest, biggest hitter on our team is a wide receiver. The way he hits, I am not sure why Bo has not switched him to D. He hits like a freight train and is absolutely fearless.

Hey, I don't know if anyone else has said this (I don't read every thread) but it is pretty sad that the toughest, biggest hitter on our team is a wide receiver. The way he hits, I am not sure why Bo has not switched him to D. He hits like a freight train and is absolutely fearless.

Because he is a pretty damn good receiver. He may be our leading receiver by season end, it should be close between Enunwa, and Bell....