*** Official Arkansas State Game Discussion Thread ***

knapplc

2nd half should feature Heard & Cross. Let them learn during a game. Did Cross burn his RS for 1 game? RK should get out there and run the offense too, not just hand off.

The same goes for the defense. Let the youngsters get on the field to learn and show what they can do. NU needs to build depth the old fashioned way, by playing most of the roster.

I hope we see more Imani Cross in the second half. Ameer has carried the load, but we need to use this lead to establish depth at all positions and maybe find some playmakers that haven't been playing.

The D-Line has been playing better today but I (like the rest of you) would like to see them line up at the LOS and just wreak havoc in the backfield.

The defense as a whole has been playing well today for the most part. Not great, but I am seeing improvement, so I'm pleased.

I agree with all you said, but we also have to keep in mind that we are playing Arky St. I'd love to see that fire of the old blackshirts, but i'm thinking after this week i'm still not going to buy into our defense as of yet due to the UCLA game being fresh in my mind. It has to be proven to me first that this defense can play well against top level talent.

2nd half should feature Heard & Cross. Let them learn during a game. Did Cross burn his RS for 1 game? RK should get out there and run the offense too, not just hand off.

The same goes for the defense. Let the youngsters get on the field to learn and show what they can do. NU needs to build depth the old fashioned way, by playing most of the roster.

I don't see that happening, because I think if we ever actually needed a backup QB this year, they would put Armstrong in....