How important is it for Bo to win a big game or the conference?

craigsker

Judging from our first two games, we look really rough and inconsistent. That being said, maybe today Bo and Co show they can adjust, get the playmakers on the field and coach for a solid four quarters.

I bought into the pre-season coach speak and hype. It bit my butt last week. Now, I am hoping for 9 wins and a Jan bowl.

I think that if Bo can progress and show that he is capable of "righting the ship", coach the kids up and play tough, consistent four quarter games I would be happy with that THIS YEAR. As FLU stated above, with next years schedule and our "talent", I will be extremely disappointed if we do not take the conference.

I think 9 wins has become the goal for this year. Improve week after week and try to win 9 or 10 games. If the D makes huge strides in the next couple weeks then the goal is to win the conference again but I just want to see improvement because next year should set itself up for a lot of success on the football field.

I think 9 wins has become the goal for this year. Improve week after week and try to win 9 or 10 games. If the D makes huge strides in the next couple weeks then the goal is to win the conference again but I just want to see improvement because next year should set itself up for a lot of success on the football field.

This is the year to win the conference.... Possible match up with Purdue in the CCG.... That won't happen often.....

Pelini has won at least one "big" game the last couple of years, Michigan State in 2011 and a highly ranked Missouri team in 2010. The measuring stick for Pelini is now moving into the upper echelon. He's going to have to win a conference title in the next few years if he wants to remain head coach. I can't see us letting a coach go a whole lot longer without winning the conference.