Jamal Turner

bdubb75

They should use him for kickoffs and punt returns, a former QB should have good hands and field awareness. Right??? They need to pull AA out of the rotation, him and Burkhead are the mainstays to our offense. Shouldn't be risking them on ST. Unless there is something that we don't know about that keeps him off the field.

He was one of the guys deep on a couple of the kickoffs today. I have always thought it would be good to see him back deep with Bell. I wish we would use him on more screen plays to let his athleticism show. He is good at making people miss and moving across field when something is not open. He made one play against UCLA when he ran across the whole field and instead of a loss it was an 8 yard gain.

Who would you take touches away from?

This is the biggest issue. Bell is our big playmaking receiver, no question there. I haven't paid attention to his perimeter blocking, so someone that has can chime in here, but from my POV, it seems he's doing OK in this regard.

Enunwa, conversely, is a great perimeter blocker and a very talented receiver in his own right. He's made deep plays before, has pretty good hands, and uses his power to gain extra yards.

Then you have Reed, who's very athletic and continues to make big plays, and Cotton, who is a blocking force and a reliable threat in the passing game.

That's four targets who have earned and deserve catches each game. Although Turner has a lot of athletic potential, I just don't see the necessity that he get touches right now. As everything stands, we don't need him.

What I would really like to see done with Turner is like someone else mentioned, a package that Florida used with harvin and like Clemson uses Sammy Watkins. Jamal is already the slur receiver when NU goes the wide. A have seen him come around on reverse type plays, but a true jet sweep and bubble screens would be perfect for him. Remember last year Wisconsin a play that actually was very successful in the second half was when Taylor ran a zone read with Rex and if hr kept the ball had Jamal as a pseudo pitch man with another receiver to block if Taylor threw it to him.

Little set plays like that in a package doesn't necessarily take that many touches away from other guys. There were plenty of attempts in the first game and if teams start stacking the box if the run game continues to dominate. The possibility of Jamal in the wildcat or diamond formations are just frightening to think about in a good way