Jamal Turner

bdubb75

Well, as far as QB's are concerned, we're in pretty good hands as of right now. With Armstrong more than likely being the true number 2 next year, and Stanton coming in, we don't need Turner. For more evidence as to how comfortable our coaches are with the QB situation right now, see Brion Carnes moving to WR.

I think wideout is probably the best position for him right now. If we're using him in the backfield consistently that will be an easy key for defenses to pick up on. He may not being seeing the field right now, but I'm honestly fine with it. Bell continues to make big time plays, as does Enunwa and our other receivers. As much as I like Turner, he has five catches this year, and two have them have almost been stopped for no gain as he reverses to the clear other side of the field. As fun as those plays are to watch, that's not what they're designed to do.

Turner needs some freakin plays set directly to him besides little WR swing screens and laterally moving reverses. he is just plain electric. wasting talent. so what if he can't block or doesn't know every dang play.

you think percy harvin or reggie bush knew every play and blocked well?

hell no...get him the ROCK

Guess I dont see it like that. What exactly has Turner done since he has been here?

2012: 5-65 0TD's

2011: 15-243 0TD's

At this point, it is only speculation that he is electric, that he is a superstar and that he needs the ball more.

You realize those stats were mostly all in the first five games last year right. And there is no speculation that he is electric, it is already on film backing up that up. Dynamic may be a better choice of a word, but he is one if the few guys on the team that the you hold your breath when the ball is in his hands wondering how many defenders he will make miss and can he take it to the house.

Jamal was on the field a lot today. Whenever NU goes the wide he is the third WE.

Jamal + Diamond formation in the backfield with Taylor = oh boy the possibilities are crazy scary to think about in a good way

He is electric. Stats don't tell the story.

When he has the ball, he's electric.

He's not a possession type receiver. He's a guy that we need to use to abuse opponents in mismatches.. Much like ucla got their guys in motion and out of the backfield against lesser defenders.

I'm talking maybe 4-6 plays specifically designed for him at various points in the game.

Plus punt returns and stuff

We ran the ball 59 times and threw it 14 times. With an offense like that, you need blockers. Unfortunately, this isn't Jamal's strong suit. I wouldn't read too much into it. He's been getting more of a look the last couple games and I'm sure he'll be back in there.

Agree. The game plan was run. He will be in there more against Wisky for sure. Probably a lot against Idaho St as that should be a huge blowout.

Maybe he just should be in the backfiled as a pass/throw option. He was a former QB once, right? Why not keep him as a back instead of a wideout?

Forget routes if he doesn't want to do them, his talent should be used.

Hmmm...yup makes total sense. Can't learn the plays so let's put him in the backfield, because we don't have a qb who can throw or rb's that can run. Genius! Get this man a coaching job. You are so dumb.

Personal attacks aren't allowed on huskerboard, please read the board rules and become familiar with them. Your warning level has been increased to reflect this.

There's probably a lot more to his situation that we're not giving credit to. For starters, maybe he's so low in Martinez' progression that he just doesn't get to him often. Maybe Turner is running his routes wrong. Maybe something else I'm missing - I don't know. Point is, we've got great receiving playmakers all over the field, and Turner is another on that list trying to get touches. He's quick, agile, and exciting to watch, and there's no denying that. But, look at everybody else we've got all over the place who can make plays, plays for touchdowns. We've got to get the ball in their hands too. Is what Turner can do more valuable than what many of our other receivers can do? For all his shiftiness, he's never scored a touchdown. I know he hasn't had a lot of touches, but still...

He's only a sophomore. He'll progress and get better, and his time will come. We're doing pretty well right now at the WR position.

There's probably a lot more to his situation that we're not giving credit to. For starters, maybe he's so low in Martinez' progression that he just doesn't get to him often. Maybe Turner is running his routes wrong. Maybe something else I'm missing - I don't know. Point is, we've got great receiving playmakers all over the field, and Turner is another on that list trying to get touches. He's quick, agile, and exciting to watch, and there's no denying that. But, look at everybody else we've got all over the place who can make plays, plays for touchdowns. We've got to get the ball in their hands too. Is what Turner can do more valuable than what many of our other receivers can do? For all his shiftiness, he's never scored a touchdown. I know he hasn't had a lot of touches, but still...

He's only a sophomore. He'll progress and get better, and his time will come. We're doing pretty well right now at the WR position.

That's what I was trying to say when I posted his stats earlier.

Since I can't put my thoughts into well said phrases, I just try to read more than write.

I agree fwiw, and when was the last time at nebraska we could point to WR as a team strength