Rex vs Abdullah

HuskerThor

Rex = Heisman Trophy Candidate

Ameer = Future Heisman Trophy Candidate

Rex is the real deal. Everything a college football player should be. Superman in real life. His kryptonite is his offensive line. Fact is, with Rex, we have the prototype of what every D1 team wishes their players would be.

Ameer - not sure about the personality stuff, but from what little I know, he seems like a really good kid. Athletically he's showing flashes of brilliance, and could be a beast. His best football is ahead of him. He was, without question, a fantastic steal out of Alabama with the likes of Alabama and Auburn trolling around looking for talent. Ameer Abdullah could be the next Roy Helu. And that's high praise.

• Fire 4

We need Rex back for the long haul. As much as I love Ameer, we need a guy like Rex who we can hand the ball to in the I formation and ride him out to a win. Without a doubt in my mind, we win the UCLA game by 2 scores. He's just a steady presence that brings a lot of leadership that can go miles toward bringing a team to victory.

I'd say put Rex in for the first couple drives so he can shake off any nerves about his injury and then limit him to maybe a few carries for the rest of the game. Got lot of faith in the 3 youngsters all of them play strong and have great futures let's just hope they keep getting better and better. Next year we could be in for a special year