ESPN Announcers

I was disappointed when they sent their sideline guy to stalk local hospitals looking for Bo.

That was too close to TMZ stuff.

I mean, really, the university will release something, eventually, right? It takes time to run these tests, more time than was probably left in the game. And what was this guy gonna do? Charge into the ER with a camera and stick a mic into the Dr's faces? Rush into Bo's room for a comment on camera?

Reeks of stupidity.

I was disappointed when they sent their sideline guy to stalk local hospitals looking for Bo.

That was too close to TMZ stuff.

I mean, really, the university will release something, eventually, right? It takes time to run these tests, more time than was probably left in the game. And what was this guy gonna do? Charge into the ER with a camera and stick a mic into the Dr's faces? Rush into Bo's room for a comment on camera?

Reeks of stupidity.

exactly, he went to all of the hospitals to do what? go to the front dest and ask if bo pelini has checked in? it is against the law to release that info, and even if he found out which hospital he was at, what did he plan on doing? going into Bo's room to tryn get a statement out of him, or a doctor? give me a break, i hope he got chewed out for not being on the sidelines for most of the second half to drive all over town looking for pelini, idiotic

It more than likely wasn't his decision, so calling him idiotic for a superior's choice isn't reasonable. If I'm a sideline reporter, I want to keep doing that, not chase Bo Pelini in hospitals. I'm sure he felt the same way. It was probably his news director who told him to be supernewsman of the day and go scope out Pelini.

I finally got to watch the game. The announcing was very poor. The female announcer's voice drove me up the wall. They obviously were unprepared.

I loved listening to Lyle (Bremser) but I also liked Kent Pavelka because he knew the background of all the Nebraska kids on the team. I was really disappointed when we had to listen to the games on another station besides KFAB. I couldn't stand to listen to it because they miked the crowd noise and you could barely here the announcers.

I felt badly for the sideline guy. How embarrassing would it be to try to charge into Bo's room-here's Bo in a hospital gown and this guy's going to try to interview him!! (That's a funny thought though!) It's illegal anyway. No hospital is going to tell anyone where Bo is.

It more than likely wasn't his decision, so calling him idiotic for a superior's choice isn't reasonable. If I'm a sideline reporter, I want to keep doing that, not chase Bo Pelini in hospitals. I'm sure he felt the same way. It was probably his news director who told him to be supernewsman of the day and go scope out Pelini.

i agree with everything except the bolded, i never called him idiotic, i just said, "idiotic" as in the situation, and what he did

Didn't call the reporter an idiot, or anyone. It wasn't the poor reporter's decision.

But it WAS a bad decision.

If Bo was seriously having a problem, the last thing he needed was an ESPN guy tracking him down to film it. So, if it was a cardiac issue, we get, what, a video on ESPN of medical staff performing CPR on Bo through the half-closed blinds of an ER room?

That was just in poor taste, and ESPN or anyone should have done better.

Sorry, didn't mean to derail the announcing topic. This just stuck with me in a bad way.