Voter Fraud

I have not read all of the posts, but I saw a few from the first page.

yeah, making sure Obama doesn't get the illegals vote sure seems to piss off a few people. Some say the issue isn't a problem because there isn't any evidence. That may be, but then again Obama did give illegals amnesty, correct?

The evidence isn't in the past, it is in the now, and what will happen. If you don't think it will happen after Obama allows illegals to stay then you are serious naive.

Just wondering if you have now gone back and read the thread from the start? There were several quotes where you asked for evidence and several times when it was given. After reading this thread FROM THE START, I have gathered that there are a few on here that have seen voter fraud as a problem in the US. The problem is that the statistical occurence of it in elections is so small. As sited earlier in posts, it's occurence is about .008% at most, and more than likely even smaller due to mistakes being made in identifying true fraudulent voters. Would it be nice if we could get that number to zero, yes. Is that possible, no. I am more than willing to support voter ID laws if it they aren't enacted so close to an election as to not allow enough time for legal voters without government issued ID's to obtain them freely.

• Fire 4

Just wondering if you have now gone back and read the thread from the start? There were several quotes where you asked for evidence and several times when it was given. After reading this thread FROM THE START, I have gathered that there are a few on here that have seen voter fraud as a problem in the US. The problem is that the statistical occurence of it in elections is so small. As sited earlier in posts, it's occurence is about .008% at most, and more than likely even smaller due to mistakes being made in identifying true fraudulent voters. Would it be nice if we could get that number to zero, yes. Is that possible, no. I am more than willing to support voter ID laws if it they aren't enacted so close to an election as to not allow enough time for legal voters without government issued ID's to obtain them freely.

I think that's a pretty good summary.

1. Most people seem to agree that the evidence indicates that voter fraud does happen but that it is extremely rare.

2. Most people seem to agree that reasonable measures to improve the integrity of elections are entirely legitimate if they don't substantially burden the right of the people to vote.

3. If and when the evidence shows that voter fraud is a significant problem more drastic measures might be necessary.

• Fire 1

Even Rick Scott Can’t Find Virtually Any Non-Citizen Voters

Now, Scott has begun a second voter purge, albeit under greater scrutiny after the debacle that was his first attempt to prevent Floridians from voting. Despite Scott’s previous claims that non-citizen voting is a major problem worthy of a massive voter purge, his own data now undermines this claim. After comparing a state database of drivers licenses with a federal database of immigration records, Rick Scott’s Florida barely uncovered any potential non-citizen voters:

Florida-non-citizen-map-e1349026752858.png

In total, Scott’s quest for non-citizen voters flagged only 198 names of registered voters who may not be U.S. citizens — and this is in a state where over 8 million people voted in the last presidential election. Of these 198 possible non-citizens, only 39 have actually ever voted. If any of the 198 names identified by Scott’s new purge turn out to be non-citizens — itself an uncertain proposition — the most likely explanation for why many of them became registered to vote is that they accidentally registered while filling out paperwork to receive a driver’s license, not that the alleged non-citizens intentionally tried to register illegally.
Judge blocks Pennsylvania voter ID law for November election

Philadelphia (CNN) -- A Pennsylvania judge ruled Tuesday that state officials cannot enforce a new voter identification law in next month's presidential election.

The ruling by Commonwealth Court Judge Robert Simpson is expected to be appealed.

Supporters argue that the law signed in March by Republican Gov. Tom Corbett will prevent voter fraud and is upheld by the Constitution.

Opponents contend that the new law will disenfranchise voters, and any implementation should be postponed until after the November 6 presidential election.

The state Supreme Court had given Simpson until Tuesday -- five weeks before the election -- to rule on the matter.

In his ruling, Simpson granted a preliminary injunction that temporarily halts enforcement of the law until after the election.

He cited likely disqualification of eligible voters as the reason.

"Consequently, I am not still convinced in my predictive judgment that there will be no voter disenfranchisement arising out of the Commonwealth's implementation of a voter identification requirement for purposes of the upcoming election," Simpson wrote. "Under these circumstances, I am obliged to enter a preliminary injunction."

This fight isn't over. This will likely be appealed to the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, so stay tuned. But for today, common sense prevails.

Mitt Romney is so concerned with illegal aliens that he's going to do... nothing about it. His latest:

Mitt Romney told The Denver Post on Monday that if he's elected president, he will not cancel President Barack Obama's deferred action program for young illegal immigrants before instituting another immigration plan:

"The people who have received the special visa that the president has put in place, which is a two-year visa, should expect that the visa would continue to be valid. I'm not going to take something that they've purchased," Romney said. "Before those visas have expired we will have the full immigration reform plan that I've proposed."

Obama announced a new policy in June that allows young illegal immigrants under 30 relief from the threat of deportation and a two-year work permit if they came to the country as children and are currently attending or have graduated high school. The two-year deferred action status is renewable, but Romney suggested in the interview that he would replace it with his own plan, which he didn't elaborate on. Previously, he's said young illegal immigrants should be able to earn citizenship by joining the military, but has indicated that the rest of the country's illegal immigrants should self-deport.

LINK

Remember when Obama came up with this little piece of legislation, how the Republicans just howled and raged about it? Gotta love this. I'll bet Fox News is breaking their hands patting Mitt on the back for this one.

Mitt Romney is so concerned with illegal aliens that he's going to do... nothing about it. His latest:

Mitt Romney told The Denver Post on Monday that if he's elected president, he will not cancel President Barack Obama's deferred action program for young illegal immigrants before instituting another immigration plan:

"The people who have received the special visa that the president has put in place, which is a two-year visa, should expect that the visa would continue to be valid. I'm not going to take something that they've purchased," Romney said. "Before those visas have expired we will have the full immigration reform plan that I've proposed."

Obama announced a new policy in June that allows young illegal immigrants under 30 relief from the threat of deportation and a two-year work permit if they came to the country as children and are currently attending or have graduated high school. The two-year deferred action status is renewable, but Romney suggested in the interview that he would replace it with his own plan, which he didn't elaborate on. Previously, he's said young illegal immigrants should be able to earn citizenship by joining the military, but has indicated that the rest of the country's illegal immigrants should self-deport.

LINK

Remember when Obama came up with this little piece of legislation, how the Republicans just howled and raged about it? Gotta love this. I'll bet Fox News is breaking their hands patting Mitt on the back for this one.

Your comments are outright lies, in your link and your quotes, it says he plans on having a comprehensive immigration reform before the 2 year deferred action is over. I don't know why this is being attacked, at least he is willing to allow the people who followed the rules to keep the protection they bought.

LINK

Is there any of his policy that he will elaborate on?

Your comments are outright lies, in your link and your quotes, it says he plans on having a comprehensive immigration reform before the 2 year deferred action is over. I don't know why this is being attacked, at least he is willing to allow the people who followed the rules to keep the protection they bought.

What are the details of that comprehensive immigration reform plan?

I heard that he also plans to create a unicorn ranch.

What are the details of that comprehensive immigration reform plan?

I heard that he also plans on creating a unicorn ranch.

this is an important point, and important to this election.

what does romney stand for? on anything? honest question. i would love an answer.

if you support him or plan on voting for him, please tell me.

LINK

I see. I would invite you, then, to post Mitt's "comprehensive immigration reform" for us all to read. If I'm lying, this should be pretty easy to prove. Just show us the plan.

When you can't (and you can't, because such policy does not exist), I'll gladly accept an apology. But I won't hold my breath.

I for one would like to hear more of this fabled "Unicorn Ranch" that is being discussed. Is it an addendum one of the policies that Mr. Romney has elaborated on? I just haven't seen it anywhere. Or any elaboration for that matter. I am hoping the debate tomorrow we will get more details about his policies. I am open to the idea of voting for Mr. Romney, but I have no idea what that vote would be getting me.