According to Phil Steele...

Saunders

Wisconsin is giving me this very earie feeling about Texas 2010 where we appear to have more talent and should win but then the hype for revenge and confidence ends up biting us in the ass, who knows, all I know is I have to work all this weekend and then next week is going to breeze by. No tests and only work one weekday, off the entire weekend, it's going to be legendary

I see Mich St , Mich, OSU, and NW as games we can lose. I also see all as games that we can win. It is going to be a nail biting season.

Definitely agree with this. Buckle up.

Agree with this also. Those are the 4 teams I have as toss-ups as well. I give Michigan the edge...I am not convinced we know how to defend them. I give OSU the edge...at their place...this year their offense is better and our defense is worse...only way we win is to go on an offensive rampage. MSU is a toss up depending on how our defense improves by this game...we have to win this one and I think we will. NW is scary for us. To play these 4 teams in a row also scares me. Give me 3 out of 4 wins here and that would be great. 2-2 is most likely. 1-3 is meltdown likely meaning we got destroyed by Michigan or OSU and lost a close one in there. 0-4 stretch here is horror beyond imagination...HuskerBoard would explode...Rumorville would be in full effect.

I wouldn't really call the Notre Dame game a pasting or whatever, their defense kept them in it till the bitter end there was just nothing on offense. Although it was pretty embarrassing for a prime time game in the national spot light. At this point it looks like if you can hang two TD's on them and maybe get a field goal or two in the second half you're money.

Can you remember the last time the B1G had a big game on prime time against another conference that WASN'T embarrassing? I mean, Mechicken's Sugar Bowl win last year excluded (which was a pretty solid win), it seems like every time the B1G gets put into a big spot and have a chance to earn some respect for the conference, they poop all over themselves. We're guilty of it ourselves. It is getting pretty dang old getting pasted every time a big game rolls around. Against the cheaters in the SEC is one thing, but against Notre Dame? Undefeated or not... come on man. They're the golden domers. Here's hoping Michigan takes em out behind the toolshed this weekend.

That and they're game against Notre Dame last year. I was actually going to say it was pretty embarrassing and seemed like something we would do.

But Notre Dame is actually a legit team this year. For once in this decade they are probably really a >top 20 team. And anybody with some sense knew that Michigan State was going to have some issues on offense. Everybody just seems to be in a transition at the same time in the B1G and this conference is anyone's, except OSU and PSU, for the taking.

The best looking defense thus far in the BIG10 looks like Michigan St's and honestly that isn't saying too much after the pasting they received from Notre Lame.

NEB has arguably and IMO the best rushing duo/triplet in Rex/Ameer/Braylon. Who has a better 3 right now that is producing!? I expect are BIG10 foes defenses to improve, but I also expect NEB's to improve as the season goes on. With all the BIG10 teams playing sub-par defense, NEB has a chance to take this thing to the BIG10 championship. NEB can put up some decent points against all of our BIG10 opponents. The more I keep thinking about how the defenses in the BIG10 have played....NEB has a chance to do some great things.

I wouldn't really call the Notre Dame game a pasting or whatever, their defense kept them in it till the bitter end there was just nothing on offense. Although it was pretty embarrassing for a prime time game in the national spot light. At this point it looks like if you can hang two TD's on them and maybe get a field goal or two in the second half you're money.

Don't disagree with you....i based my opinion off of the score. I didn't catch much of the game. Here's Athlon's take on where NEB currently ranks in the BIG10. Most of them take Ohio St as being the best team right now, which I don't disagree with.

http://www.athlonsports.com/college-football/nebraska-football-are-cornhuskers-best-team-big-ten

Wisconsin is giving me this very earie feeling about Texas 2010 where we appear to have more talent and should win but then the hype for revenge and confidence ends up biting us in the ass, who knows, all I know is I have to work all this weekend and then next week is going to breeze by. No tests and only work one weekday, off the entire weekend, it's going to be legendary

We have a curse on us with Texas.....

Not Wisconsin. This game may end up being closer than people expect....but NEB has the upperhand in this one.

Can you remember the last time the B1G had a big game on prime time against another conference that WASN'T embarrassing? I mean, Mechicken's Sugar Bowl win last year excluded (which was a pretty solid win), it seems like every time the B1G gets put into a big spot and have a chance to earn some respect for the conference, they poop all over themselves. We're guilty of it ourselves. It is getting pretty dang old getting pasted every time a big game rolls around. Against the cheaters in the SEC is one thing, but against Notre Dame? Undefeated or not... come on man. They're the golden domers. Here's hoping Michigan takes em out behind the toolshed this weekend.

That and they're game against Notre Dame last year. I was actually going to say it was pretty embarrassing and seemed like something we would do.

But Notre Dame is actually a legit team this year. For once in this decade they are probably really a >top 20 team. And anybody with some sense knew that Michigan State was going to have some issues on offense. Everybody just seems to be in a transition at the same time in the B1G and this conference is anyone's, except OSU and PSU, for the taking.

Michigan is going to have to play a solid game in order to beat Notre Lame. Wasn't Air Force giving Mich troubles and then Mich pulled away!?? I want to think Mich is a better team than what others thought after they got bent over by Bama (Bama is just ridiculously good), but the Air Force game has me scratching my head questioning this teams ability. Mich needs to get their A game going against Notre Lame or it's another BIG10 loss which isn't going to look very nice.

UCLA is unproven and PAC12 looks much better then people thought. I could see UCLA 8-4 and that makes us look like and 8-4 team also. I see Mich St , Mich, OSU, and NW as games we can lose. I also see all as games that we can win. It is going to be a nail biting season.

Yep. We could win out or we could drop 3 or 4. Who knows.

We have the best WR's in the conference. We have the best HB's in the conference. Shockingly we may actually have one of if not the best QB in the conference and our OL is only bad enough to be middle of the road in the conference.

If our defense can be at least not horrific we could be the best team in the Big Ten. But we'll need a favorable bowl opponent not to get rolled.