According to Phil Steele...

Saunders

The chickens are coming home to roost, Bobby Boucher. You'll reap the fruit of your selfish ways. You're gonna lose all your fancy foosball games, and you're gonna fail your big exam, because school is THE DEVIL!

-knapplc, as portrayed by Kathy Bates in "The Waterboy"

We'll lose to Northwestern unless we play our butts off. They're playing some of the most inspired football in the Big Ten right now.

I see this happening. Unless we come out to an early start. If our offense can get it going and keep foot on the gas against Northwestern's defense, we should outlast a shootout against Northwestern. It would also help if they lost a game before we face them.

But i would rather defeat a undefeated Northwestern than a 1 - loss Northwestern team.

Many of his predictions seem f'ing ridiculous. Oklahoma sweeping the Big 12? Florida winning out? Purdue going 7-1 in conference play? Nebraska finishing at 11-1? All just absurd.

You know what's absurd?

I can't figure out if your screen name is Mr Andy K, M. Randy K, or Mr Andyk.

• Fire 4

Many of his predictions seem f'ing ridiculous. Oklahoma sweeping the Big 12? Florida winning out? Purdue going 7-1 in conference play? Nebraska finishing at 11-1? All just absurd.

You know what's absurd?

I always read it as "mirandas-a-dike"

• Fire 1

We'll lose to Northwestern unless we play our butts off. They're playing some of the most inspired football in the Big Ten right now.

I see this happening. Unless we come out to an early start. If our offense can get it going and keep foot on the gas against Northwestern's defense, we should outlast a shootout against Northwestern. It would also help if they lost a game before we face them.

But i would rather defeat a undefeated Northwestern than a 1 - loss Northwestern team.

This is crazy. When we first came into the B1G, Northwestern is not a team that I thought would give trouble. I actually find it absurd that we even talk about them in this light.

They are no Ohio St., Mich, or Mich St. They are Northwestern. They should be one of our whipping boys. I for one will never go into a season thinking we will lose to the other NU. Never!

You know what's absurd?

Huh....I see. It's actually supposed to be the first one GSG said, but let's go with Mirandas a dike. I really like that interpretation.

• Fire 2

I was definitely not drinking the kool-aid going into this season, predicted 7-5. But having seen the Big Ten look downright miserable, 11-1 is a definite possibility. Outside of Braxton Miller and Denard Robinson, nothing on the schedule is that scary from an offensive standpoint. None of the defenses are anything scary save for Michigan State, and they're coming off a brutal slate of games when we play them.

11-1. Could happen. *shrug*

You know what's absurd?

+1

Cause I can't stop laughing! I have a friend named Miranda who according to sources, tested the waters freshman year at UNL! :P

Actually Phil Steele is one of the most accurate of the football prognosticators. ;)

I say why not. No one looks unbeatable and I will include NU in that mix.

IMO at this point I think NU has the most balanced offenses in the league. I think the defense will get better and be good. Probably not great but good. BP just needs to let them play and not give them too much to think about.

Look at Mechicken if Robinson plays lights out like he can they will be hard to beat, but he really doesn't do that all that often.

Braxton Miller is a phenominal athlete, but he still isn't a great passer.

MSU worries me less after watching the ND game.

Northwestern I don't think NU will take them lightly this year. It just won't happen.

Why can't they go 8-0. They have just as good a chance as every other team.