Helu - 68 yarder

Martinez - 41 yarder

Missouri

Helu - 66, 73, 53 yarders

Oklahoma

Helu - 66 yarder

• Fire 1

Fire Barney!

I'd be interested to see how many of those occurred against teams with defenses that finished the year ranked in the Top 25...heck even Top 50.

For that point to be valid the rest of FBS would have had to play those years against all top 25-50 defenses.

Everyone plays their fair share of patsies.

That wasn't the point. It essentially says we're really good at scoring long runs against teams with very bad defenses. So what?

I'd rather we have the offense we have now that shows it can actually put together a long drive, over whatever Shawn Watson ran that looked good on the highlight reel and terrible against defenses with a pulse.

Fire Barney!

I'd be interested to see how many of those occurred against teams with defenses that finished the year ranked in the Top 25...heck even Top 50.

For that point to be valid the rest of FBS would have had to play those years against all top 25-50 defenses.

That wasn't the point. It essentially says we're really good at scoring long runs against teams with very bad defenses. So what?

Yeah, let's wait til BIG10 play. The 2010 team was on a path to do some great things and when TMart went down....sh#t hit the fan for NEB's offense.

Here's some more stats for us to chew on, per Brian Bennet of ESPN. While it is sub-par competition, the offense is killing it on 1st downs. Still impressive....

"Nebraska has averaged 7.9 yards on first down this season. The Huskers have run 105 first-down plays and totaled 826 yards, producing 52 percent of their total yards for the season on first down. Nebraska had 359 yards on 38 first-down snaps in the season opener against Southern Miss, averaging 9.4 yards on first down. Against UCLA, the Huskers gained 194 yards on 33 first-down snaps, an average of 5.9 yards per play, and in a 42-13 win against Arkansas State the Huskers rolled up 273 yards on 34 first-down attempts, for an average of 8.0 yards per play."

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten

Fire Barney!

I'd rather we have the offense we have now that shows it can actually put together a long drive, over whatever Shawn Watson ran that looked good on the highlight reel and terrible against defenses with a pulse.

And for God's sake, when the line opens a huge hole and you see the entire field before you, goal line in sight......HOOK SLIDE! So the offense can go back to grinding out a long drive. Because that's what fans come to see.

This is among the goofier criticisms to raise its head on HuskerBoard.

• Fire 4