Notre Lame pulls out of Michigan series

NUance

Notre Dame opts out of its series against Michigan

By Tom Fornelli | Blogger www.cbssports.com

I hope you enjoyed watching Notre Dame and Michigan play on Saturday night because there won't be many more matchups between the two teams.

Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick notified Michigan athletic director Dave Brandon that Notre Dame was canceling its games against Michigan from 2015 to 2017. The schools were required to give the other three years notice as part of their scheduling agreement.

"The decision to cancel games in 2015-17 was Notre Dame's and not ours," said Brandon through Michigan's Twitter account. "We value our rivalry with Notre Dame but will have to see what the future holds for any continuation of the series."

LINK

I guess they figured Meechicken wouldn't be down anymore. So they'd quit while they're ahead. :facepalm:

Notre Dame opts out of its series against Michigan

By Tom Fornelli | Blogger www.cbssports.com

I hope you enjoyed watching Notre Dame and Michigan play on Saturday night because there won't be many more matchups between the two teams.

Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick notified Michigan athletic director Dave Brandon that Notre Dame was canceling its games against Michigan from 2015 to 2017. The schools were required to give the other three years notice as part of their scheduling agreement.

"The decision to cancel games in 2015-17 was Notre Dame's and not ours," said Brandon through Michigan's Twitter account. "We value our rivalry with Notre Dame but will have to see what the future holds for any continuation of the series."

LINK

I guess they figured Meechicken wouldn't be down anymore. So they'd quit while they're ahead. :facepalm:

They beat them when they were down :D

Them and IU were the only teams that they beat twice in the three years of dick rod.

Even though ND is looking stronger, beating ND is not a sexy win anymore and Mich should use this opportunity to upgrade its schedule. Play two MAC teams and two teams from SEC,B12, ACC.

They should go with USC or Texas every year.

I would like to play Texas every year too :B) hint, hint, Delany.....

Be careful what you wish for.

Even though ND is looking stronger, beating ND is not a sexy win anymore and Mich should use this opportunity to upgrade its schedule. Play two MAC teams and two teams from SEC,B12, ACC.

Texas will get their seat at the Big Ten table. And their seat will count the same as Indiana or Minnesota or anyone else regardless of how good their football team is

Texas will get their seat at the Big Ten table. And their seat will count the same as Indiana or Minnesota or anyone else regardless of how good their football team is

Which is exactly why they'd never join the conference

Which is exactly why they'd never join the conference

Certain people in the know see to think otherwise :)

It will take a couple of years until the Big Ten's current TV contract is up to add 4 more teams but there are some big fish that they are trying to lure in. Crimson & Cream are the colors of one of the rumored schools

I wouldn't be surprised if during the next TV Deal the Big Ten branches out with school specific alternate networks like BTN-OSU or BTN-PSU(if a school chooses to have one) leading to Texas potentially converting the Longhorn Network to BTN-UT

This has been small talk around Big Ten for a couple of years ever since the LN was conceived and the last part it is almost pure extrapolation on my part but it could realistically happen because their would be plenty of demand for at least 5 or 6 Big Ten schools.

Pretty sure the Longhorns fans will shout down any talk of a texas-osu series after their treatment from the Buckeye faithful in 2005. But let's not give out spoilers for the Huskers next month.

Texas joining the B1G....it's possible.....Nebaska leaving the B1G as a result....it's also possible

huskerstexassucks3.jpg

I see Texas independent for a period before they would join us.

The ego there really IS that big. The longhorn tv debacle may be blunting that a bit, though.

I just don't see Texas willingly joining any conference that has equality. They have always been the boss, and do not want to see that change.

This is a large part of the reason the Big 12 still exists. They would rather be the boss over ISU and Kansas and the rest, and let Oklahoma think they are equal partners. We all know that isn't true. Hell, OU knows that isn't true.

But Texas would have been equal to everyone in the PAC, and didn't have the stomach for it.

If Texas joins the B1G, I would be both pleased and worried. A good add, but Texas has a very long history of destruction that makes them as dangerous as beneficial. I think, though, that the rest of the nation now realizes the danger. I think the Bevo 12 survives for a while. At least as long as Texas wants it to.