11AM (CT) Presser today

Saunders

More than a little concerned with the timing of this. Big game coming this weekend, start of conference play, and suddenly with no prior warning there's a presser scheduled.

Please let this just be Tom wanting to ride off into the sunset, and it's been the plan to announce it now all along. Holding my breath that this isn't a health concern.

I can see the people who are nervous for bad timing, but i also see it in the other direction as well....there will most likely be a tribute/announcement before the game which will turn the stadium into a frenzy of tears and cheering and energy...the players will come out amped and WANT to win for this man...They will want to lay everything on the lines to win for Tom, he has that kind of meaning to these players...just like in 97' when we supposedly outmatched against tennessee and we destroyed them for Tom's last game...i believe these players will play for Tom on saturday.

Couldn't have asked for more from Osborne. These last 5 years have flown by.

I am disappointed that there wasn't already a succession plan in place.

I'm not 100% comfortable with Perlman making a "national search". This is not a hire he can fail for a second time.

to be fair, wasn't TO instrumental in getting steve here?

Couldn't have asked for more from Osborne. These last 5 years have flown by.

I am disappointed that there wasn't already a succession plan in place.

I'm not 100% comfortable with Perlman making a "national search". This is not a hire he can fail for a second time.

to be fair, wasn't TO instrumental in getting steve here?

You tell me. I don't recall that (however, theres a lot i cant recall these days).

More than a little concerned with the timing of this. Big game coming this weekend, start of conference play, and suddenly with no prior warning there's a presser scheduled.

Please let this just be Tom wanting to ride off into the sunset, and it's been the plan to announce it now all along. Holding my breath that this isn't a health concern.

I can see the people who are nervous for bad timing, but i also see it in the other direction as well....there will most likely be a tribute/announcement before the game which will turn the stadium into a frenzy of tears and cheering and energy...the players will come out amped and WANT to win for this man...They will want to lay everything on the lines to win for Tom, he has that kind of meaning to these players...just like in 97' when we supposedly outmatched against tennessee and we destroyed them for Tom's last game...i believe these players will play for Tom on saturday.

I would like to think they'll play for Dr. Tom and all that he stood for every Saturday, and not just this one.

It *would* be nice to send Dr. Tom out the door with a football title in the conference he helped get us into, though. Plus, it would help nullify the asshat bluehairs elsewhere on the 'tubes that keep calling the move to the B1G Dr. Tom's biggest mistake.

And considering this is the last home game we have until the end of October... maybe it had to do with wanting to do at least something of a celebration for him at this game, and get the announcement done, so that could be done at the game. Also might have something to do with a successor already being known, and wanting to announce it sometime over the next few weeks, but wanting to give Tom his moment (not anything that Tom would ask for, but something you do out of respect for all the man has given to the state and NU) before the announcement was made, again with this being the opportunity to celebrate his legacy at the game this weekend. *shrug* But that's all conjecture. With the way Harvey stated everything, it sounded a LOT like he already has a good idea either of who he's picking, or at least has it greatly narrowed down to a select two or three. Just my impression of the way everything was presented.