Wisconsin, 2012 vs Texas, 2010

zoogs

Only way this isn't a solid substantial victory is IF we get off to a slow start..........maybe some bad turnovers..............and we start pressing.................and then Beck starts pressing.

Otherwise we're good. (a loss is unthinkable because it would set us back mentally for the rest of the year).

Besides, Rex will NOT drop a TD pass tomorrow night like vs Texas.

You know a kid is good when that is the low-light of his career.... Man, I am going to miss having that guy in the program.....

I sure hope you are right zoogies, but I am not sure it will go down like that. Perhaps I am a bit jaded, but over the past 10 years there are countless times when Nebraska was playing what appeared to be a wounded opponent, and clearly had the upper hand. This feels all too familiar.

Only way this isn't a solid substantial victory is IF we get off to a slow start..........maybe some bad turnovers..............and we start pressing.................and then Beck starts pressing.

Otherwise we're good. (a loss is unthinkable because it would set us back mentally for the rest of the year).

Besides, Rex will NOT drop a TD pass tomorrow night like vs Texas.

You know a kid is good when that is the low-light of his career.... Man, I am going to miss having that guy in the program.....

Yes...........miss him in every aspect.......

Totally different. The year that we were hell-bent on revenge against Texas, there were shirts made, videos made, all saying :01

This year, revenge has hardly been mentioned at all. Players admit that getting mushroom stamped in Madison last year adds a little motivation for them, but they aren't emphasizing it at all.

This feels all too familiar.

Ha. Just like every single one of your posts.

Yeah, all 6,784 of them spanning 8 years. I can't even know what that was supposed to mean. A flailing attempt at smack? Either try harder, or pack it in.

Anyways.... Back to. The topic, and a good one by zoogies:)

Well, we sure as hell didn't start out playing loose. From the broken big passing play to the fumble in our own territory, we yielded Wisconsin two scores that were kinda fluky. And then went 30-13 the rest of the way, outgaining them overall 440 to under 300.

On the one hand, I think we showed who was the far superior team. On the other hand we were down by 17 on two occasions, only won by 3, had the game come down to the wire, and this sort of thing can't keep happening.

Good for everyone for keeping their heads about them though. Also way to go Maher, missing that early kick after all the other misses this year and then coming back and getting the game-winner.

This game started out so similar to that Texas game it was creepy. Pretty much exactly the same. Receieve the kick. 3 and out. Touchdown. Fumble 1st play, touchdown. And I'm serious. I wrote this team off for the night on 3 different occasions, and they still did it. Texas only took one write-off.

It did have that feel, but there was a distinct difference from that game to this game. It is well documented about the seniors on that team not being completely on board with the freshman playing. The leaders on this team (Taylor included) pulled their stuff together and fought through that terrible start. Perhaps the team overcoming this adversity may speak to the evolution of the head coach as well. Not sure what it means long term, but I am thrilled with the victory and the fight.