Wisconsin, 2012 vs Texas, 2010

zoogs

kenny bell was talking about revenge. i think there is more there that you're giving credit. i'm more worried this one is going to play out like UCLA than Texas 10'. everyone is predicting this large spread. 9 out of 10 on this board had us beating UCLA by 20+. until this team plays consistently solid football for more than 3-4 quarters in a row...they are no more than a 1 point favorite to anyone in my book. they are only as good as the team they play. I think Idaho State is the first team in a long time we didn't play down to. Maybe in the Pelini era.

kenny bell was talking about revenge. i think there is more there that you're giving credit. i'm more worried this one is going to play out like UCLA than Texas 10'. everyone is predicting this large spread. 9 out of 10 on this board had us beating UCLA by 20+. until this team plays consistently solid football for more than 3-4 quarters in a row...they are no more than a 1 point favorite to anyone in my book. they are only as good as the team they play. I think Idaho State is the first team in a long time we didn't play down to. Maybe in the Pelini era.

I can somewhat agree with that. Now, does that tell us the team will come out focused and not so high-strung and lay an egg like they did against Texas in 2010? We'll see...

I am getting super pumped to watch this game under the lights!

I can somewhat agree with that. Now, does that tell us the team will come out focused and not so high-strung and lay an egg like they did against Texas in 2010? We'll see...

I am getting super pumped to watch this game under the lights!

same here. i'd love to see a beatdown similar to KState a couple years ago. i hope Bo puts his foot on the gas and racks up points for 4 solid quarters. we need to send a message.

I'm obviously worried about the worse, but for some reason I just have this feeling that we roll these guys. I didnt have that feeling against UCLA. There was just something about that day that didnt seem right from the start. This ones different. Hopefully this program and staff are ready to turn the corner. We've seen a lot of signs of us being on the brink over the last couple years, then major letdowns. Maybe it happens tommorrow.

I think this program has proven over the last 4-5 years that we have the talent to play with anyone on our schedule. What we have lacked is the mental toughness and confidence.

That is why this game is so big. They need to learn how to go out and kick the crap out of teams that are good teams. Wisconsin is way down this year from last year. BUT, they still have talent and they are a good team. We need to make a statement to the rest of the conference that we are going to play over the next 4-6 weeks.

The UCLA game was extremely frustrating in this aspect.

The Idaho State game gave me confidence because we proved we won't play down to the level of the competition. We also are a sound offensive team. We have weapons all over the field and the players know their rolls.

I believe we are going to do very well tomorrow. Part of that is because I constantly wear rose colored glasses. BUT, I believe the UCLA game taught this team a lesson and they have grown from it.

I pray that I am right on this.

I think this program has proven over the last 4-5 years that we have the talent to play with anyone on our schedule. What we have lacked is the mental toughness and confidence.

That is why this game is so big. They need to learn how to go out and kick the crap out of teams that are good teams. Wisconsin is way down this year from last year. BUT, they still have talent and they are a good team. We need to make a statement to the rest of the conference that we are going to play over the next 4-6 weeks.

The Idaho State game gave me confidence because we proved we won't play down to the level of the competition. We also are a sound offensive team. We have weapons all over the field and the players know their rolls.

I believe we are going to do very well tomorrow. Part of that is because I constantly wear rose colored glasses. BUT, I believe the UCLA game taught this team a lesson and they have grown from it.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm hoping that UCLA game was the Iowa St '09/Texas '10/and Northwester '11 for this team, and happening in week 2, it could lead to a helluva season.

I can't imagine the Bruins stuffing our offense. No way. We'll rack up some points.

The blackshirts vs the Bruins? Anything less that total failure results in a NU win.

This is what scares me....that 'total failure' happened just a couple weeks ago. (this was very prophetic of that game though btw - total failure and still in it up to the last minute)

The difference might be Wisconsin with a #13 rush defense, versus UCLA with a #86 rush defense. It won't take a complete failure this time around. The offense will have a few 3 and outs.

They sure do. How about them rolls at Red Lobster?

• Fire 1

Also, Texas was still LOADED with talent where Wisconsin is not really at that level.

This will be a good game, I can even see Wisconsin with a 10 point lead early. But in the end, I think the Sker's gain over 550 yards and end up with over 35 points and a win.

Now, I also predicted that Michigan would end up with 5 losses this year, so, take my thoughts however you want. (P.S. Dennard Robinson will not finish the year at QB)

Only way this isn't a solid substantial victory is IF we get off to a slow start..........maybe some bad turnovers..............and we start pressing.................and then Beck starts pressing.

Otherwise we're good. (a loss is unthinkable because it would set us back mentally for the rest of the year).

Besides, Rex will NOT drop a TD pass tomorrow night like vs Texas.