2012 Presidential Debates

I just hope that the Romney campaign doesn't start getting too confident. There are examples of people winning the first debate then losing the race.

This is equivalent to a football team winning the first quarter of the first game of the season. Not the time for confidence and cockiness. Even if you win the election, that is only the first game of the season....go do what you said you are going to do.

I just hope that the Romney campaign doesn't start getting too confident. There are examples of people winning the first debate then losing the race.

Don't they still trail in every major poll, and every major Electoral Vote projection? If they get overconfident based on one debate they're nuts.

I love how, now that Mitt is the only Republican candidate left standing, largely by default because the field was so full of loons, and despite the fact that he couldn't hold on to front-runner status against the likes of Herman Cain, Michelle Bachmann, Rick Perry, et al, suddenly after this debate support for Mitt is at a fever pitch, he's uber-qualified, and we have got to get him in office. :D

Where was this Mitt Love back in February when Newt Gingrich was the Republican frontrunner? Where was it this time last year when people were still begging Sarah Palin to run?

Gotta love Team Anyone-But-Obama.

Who said all this? Oh yes, the media.. Gotta love those guys, nothing but the truth. Hopefully people don't put much faith in what they have to say.

The media said what?

The media made a big deal about these people. They were never contenders at all, just the media creating a stir.

I love how, now that Mitt is the only Republican candidate left standing, largely by default because the field was so full of loons, and despite the fact that he couldn't hold on to front-runner status against the likes of Herman Cain, Michelle Bachmann, Rick Perry, et al, suddenly after this debate support for Mitt is at a fever pitch, he's uber-qualified, and we have got to get him in office. :D

Where was this Mitt Love back in February when Newt Gingrich was the Republican frontrunner? Where was it this time last year when people were still begging Sarah Palin to run?

Gotta love Team Anyone-But-Obama.

Who said all this? Oh yes, the media.. Gotta love those guys, nothing but the truth. Hopefully people don't put much faith in what they have to say.

The media said what?

The media made a big deal about these people. They were never contenders at all, just the media creating a stir.

that gosh darn media, reporting stuff and whatnot:

Poll: Cain surges, opens up 20-point lead on Romney

The poll found that 38 percent of Republican primary voters said they would vote for Cain if the primary were held today. Eighteen percent said they would throw their support to Romney, while 12 percent each said they would vote for Perry and Texas congressman Ron Paul. No other candidate attracted double-digit support.

Don't they still trail in every major poll, and every major Electoral Vote projection? If they get overconfident based on one debate they're nuts.

The polls won't really reflect the results of the debate for a few days. I expect Romney to still trail by a point or so after those results are factored in.

Romney's performance kept him in the race . . . but Obama is probably still the favorite by quite a few percentage points.

Haven't seen new polling yet so can't say, but totally agree that if they get overconfident, they are stupid.

Plenty of time for a lot to occur and I doubt that Obama will be so passive next debate.

So what? I guess I don't get your point.

I understand most of the people who post in this forum lean to the left, so I'm not calling anybody out here.

That said, who here really thinks Obama has the ability to debate with success? He has a record to run on now so he can't just toss out general statements while attacking the previous administration. He looked flustered and incapable of stating his points without a teleprompter.

• Fire 1

You don't think the media can and does influence people?

Are you serious? :dunno

I would agree that they should NOT have been contenders . . .

I see you are one of those that doesn't get how the media can and does influence perception.