2012 Presidential Debates

Who's watching? I won't be able to watch the debate tonight, feel free to leave any opinions, summaries, articles, videos ect. here. It would be appreciated.

I will be watching but . . . meh. Odds are that they won't be too significant.

Unless someone (Romney) manages to shove his foot in his mouth. Its kinda sad that the main thing that may come from the debates is just a screw up, otherwise they are coached to stay on script, and odds are they even know the general idea of the questions asked, and wont be held to actually answering the question and just talking around an answer.

Who's watching? I won't be able to watch the debate tonight, feel free to leave any opinions, summaries, articles, videos ect. here. It would be appreciated.

I will be watching but . . . meh. Odds are that they won't be too significant.

Unless someone (Romney) manages to shove his foot in his mouth. Its kinda sad that the main thing that may come from the debates is just a screw up, otherwise they are coached to stay on script, and odds are they even know the general idea of the questions asked, and wont be held to actually answering the question and just talking around an answer.

So far, so true.

Romney sounded down right childish with that 'I think I get the last word" line that was more or less studdered

Agreed . . . but he also seems more comfortable and confident.

Easy to seem more confident when you change your policy to be the opposite of your competition's.

Keep those oil subsidies, but Big Bird gets the ax.

But if people don't know the difference between the amounts of those expenditures . . . it sounds good. It's BS . . . but how many people know it?

Not enough, the right wing media makes people think its billions a year. And the rest of the media does not even bring it up.

Not enough, the right wing media makes people think its billions a year. And the rest of the media does not even bring it up.

Plus the numbers are big enough that they are hard to compare. $10 million dollars sounds like a ton of money. So does $10 billion dollars. Most people simply do not deal with those numbers.

Plus the numbers are big enough that they are hard to compare. $10 million dollars sounds like a ton of money. So does $10 billion dollars. Most people simply do not deal with those numbers.

Which could be blamed on the piss poor school system we have.

Which could be blamed on the piss poor school system we have.

Maybe . . . I still think that they seem abstract. It's not so much a lack of education or intelligence . . . it's just that they don't seem real. Especially once you get to trillions of dollars.