Why so much fluff teams?

PIMPLE

What I love is people that complain about the non-con, but seemingly when they complain about it, don't seem to realize the need for seven home games every year. We can pay $1M or $600K like we did this year to teams, because those games are worth a ton to the athletic department. While competition-wise we may not like it, there are other reasons there for doing what we do schedule wise. Not saying most people here don't realize it, but it was pretty obvious that the OP didn't. :) From my understanding, that's also the hold up on moving to a 9-game conference schedule as well. FWIW.

Lol...i guess the patriots are going to start putting a couple Big East teams on the schedule just to make ends meat.

Well, also remember that Michigan was ranked in the Top 10, so you can't fault Bama for that. Last year LSU played Oregon to open the season, and next year they play TCU to open the season. Boise always plays a good team at the beginning. So while I agree that it's necessary to schedule some lower-level competition in order to get some practice in and hopefully avoid injuries, I do think it would be nice to schedule a top-tier opponent once in a while. I think playing Miami and Tennessee in upcoming years will be nice; I am certainly looking forward to the trips to Knoxville and Miami.

We schedule our big boy series 8-10 years out. Nothing we can do if the opponent takes a nose dive.

True....True....i mean UCLA is known for being a big boy. What about future big boys....UCONN?? Maryland??

So this is what SEC fans do when they get bored.

Why jealous of the SEC?? Its the best college football conference ever by far!! Dont you like good college football??

I'm not jealous of the SEC. I'm jealous of the cleverness with which you make your point. I'm jealous of the ultra-cool username you came up with. I'm jealous of your Baldessarini Del Mar Deodorant, which smells faintly of bluegrass and desperation. I'm jealous of your willingness to waste your time in a futile effort to troll these boards.

Why jealous of the SEC?? Its the best college football conference ever by far!! Dont you like good college football??

I'm not jealous of the SEC. I'm jealous of the cleverness with which you make your point. I'm jealous of the ultra-cool username you came up with. I'm jealous of your Baldessarini Del Mar Deodorant, which smells faintly of bluegrass and desperation. I'm jealous of your willingness to waste your time in a futile effort to troll these boards.

Then why so much hate on the SEC??

Well, also remember that Michigan was ranked in the Top 10, so you can't fault Bama for that. Last year LSU played Oregon to open the season, and next year they play TCU to open the season. Boise always plays a good team at the beginning. So while I agree that it's necessary to schedule some lower-level competition in order to get some practice in and hopefully avoid injuries, I do think it would be nice to schedule a top-tier opponent once in a while. I think playing Miami and Tennessee in upcoming years will be nice; I am certainly looking forward to the trips to Knoxville and Miami.

We schedule our big boy series 8-10 years out. Nothing we can do if the opponent takes a nose dive.

True....True....i mean UCLA is known for being a big boy. What about future big boys....UCONN?? Maryland??

Nope, Miami and Tennessee. But good try man, real good effort there.

Nope, Miami and Tennessee. But good try man, real good effort there.

6072c3f98f422cbfe116f89220478223.thumbnail.jpg

You can, however, feed this delightful little creatures.

My Little Pony.jpg

Then why so much hate on the SEC??

Don't you have a cabana to drywall or are you off work for a while?

What, no response? Don't you want to discuss things with us anymore? That's unfriendly.

A guy spends ten years living in Omaha before moving off to Kentucky, then starts a thread to talk about Husker football, the trolling takes a little different turn than he expected, and suddenly we're done talking?

Don't you want to discuss your latest favorite article from the Christian Science Monitor?

Don't you want to talk about how to keep your PC virus free? By the way - you still using XP or did you upgrade?

C'mon, Chuckles. Let's chat.

So if we were to schedule Oregon, 'Bama, Fla St, and Texas as our non-con's, that would make people STFU?

I think the OP is a prime example of a crapass education system, or he's played too much NCAA11...