"I wish I knew." -Bo Pelini 10/6/12

The Martinez bashing must stop. I admit he had some bad throws last night, but he did everything he possibly could to keep us in that game. He has tremendous heart and I'm glad he's ours.

The offense isn't why we lost this or the UCLA game (who was waxed last night by previously 1-4 Cal 43-17) is a slow pathetic defense that seems just as confused out there as they are unathletic. 30 and 38 points by the offense should be more than enough to win both games.

Saban won't leave Alabama anytime soon. On the other hand, there are some good coaches out there.

How about that guy who won the 2007 Fiesta Bowl? What's his record over at the school in the potato fields?

That is who I want too, but I think he's comfortable there and I believe that he has a sick kid and they have the facilities that they need for his health right there. So it would take a lot of $$$$ to get him to move and that is why he has turned down other jobs.

So, for everyone saying we could get a better coach, lets hear some realistic names. Im not quite ready to give up on bo, but i am damn close. Im really curious, who else? Whos the hot coach? Who could restore us, realistically? I am still thinking we need stability to return to glory, maybe i am wrong. I am sick of getting embarrassed and the excuses.

Saban won't leave Alabama anytime soon. On the other hand, there are some good coaches out there.

How about that guy who won the 2007 Fiesta Bowl? What's his record over at the school in the potato fields?

That is who I want too, but I think he's comfortable there and I believe that he has a sick kid and they have the facilities that they need for his health right there. So it would take a lot of $$$$ to get him to move and that is why he has turned down other jobs.

Didn't know he had a sick kid. Too bad. He's a heck of a coach, no doubt about that.

So, for everyone saying we could get a better coach, lets hear some realistic names. Im not quite ready to give up on bo, but i am damn close. Im really curious, who else? Whos the hot coach? Who could restore us, realistically? I am still thinking we need stability to return to glory, maybe i am wrong. I am sick of getting embarrassed and the excuses.

Bill Snyder!

IMO the NW game is the season and it doesn't look good for Bo because of the mobile QB issue. If/when we lose that game, we have Dennard the week after and likely another loss. That puts us at 4-4 and in a 3 game losing streak, so then you have the possibility of Bo losing the team aka 2007 with BC. Then it may not matter if the QB is mobile or not as the kids just wont' care anymore.

Bo has two weeks to figure out a Mobile QB, if not then his tenure here may be over at seasons end.

I see all this as a real possibility right now. It will be interesting to see how the team responds after last night.

I'm sure if the team rallies and ends up having a pretty good season, you'll support Bo with equal vigor. :)

Not me. I don't have my head in the sand. I already KNOW for a fact that he is not the answer for Nebraska. MAYBE if we win out this year (not happening), I'd give him a little rope, but he's gonna hang himself eventually. I'd just rather it was sooner than later.

Bill Snyder!

If he wasnt 80 years old i would actually be happy about that hire

I don't want to tear off on tangents, but there is something that bothers me about how we use a teams total number of wins to measure a coaching staff. I don't believe that "baby seal season" should be figured into the team's performance for the year. How does our team fare when we go up against similarly-sized programs?

If we still want to count the baby seals that we joyously club at the beginning of each year, then let's try comparing apples to apples. If 9 wins is the standard set over the decades, shouldn't it now be higher since we play an extra game? An average of 9.75 wins per year for the coaching staff is the equivalent baseline. That would be one 9-win season for every three 10-win seasons.

Edit: Sorry AF, I didn't see where you posted almost the exact same thing.

I'll throw a few names out...

Chris Petersen? (Did not know about his kid's health situation)

Dave Doeren? (Lots of regional ties - KC, Wisconsin, Drake - he's a midwesterner)

Dana Holgorsen?

Gary Patterson?