"I wish I knew." -Bo Pelini 10/6/12

Some of you shoot down ideas without even giving it a shot. It's at least worth a TRY to get one of the big names. Yeah, they'll probably say no, but at least you send a message about the level of coach you want. Show people that you are SERIOUS about fixing this program. Give the guy a blank check and tell him, "OK, work your magic."

"afterwards our coach looked like a guy who just came out of the trenches in World War 1."

Thanks for the chuckle, because you nailed it with that description and there hasn't been much to smile about today. I enjoy reading your posts, and you remind me that I need to ditch this tablet so that I might be more comfortably verbose.

Let's rehash this discussion from the UCLA loss.

Chris Peterson pretty much was offered a blank check from UCLA and said no. no to a west coast, beautiful weather, recruiting hotbed to stay in Boise.

Gary Paterson said no to his Alma mater in Kansas state, because he didn't want to leave a recruiting haven .

Pete Carroll would bring NCAA sanctions with him. Something that would be landed on any college that would hire him after the Reggie Bush scandal. There is a reason he is in the NFL now.

Dana Hilversum, addressed by others isn't the concern defense

Rich Rod, ditto

Bobby Petrino, ditto and his little ethnical lapse will hurt him getting a D 1 head job for a while

Dave Doreen, or whatever, seriously??? The throw out big money to a big name coach theory just went out the window. Talk about a meltdown hire.

So again just like after the UCLA game, headhunters please bring about a realistic list of names you so wish for

Good post. I know a few people felt in the past we could make a serious case for Peterson. I don't know if that's really the case, though.

Fact of the matter is, guys... I hate getting **** pounded in all our big games as much as any of you. But for some reason, when things went from bad to worse last night, I didn't find myself getting depressed or p***** off like I usually do. I wanted to beat Urban as bad as anybody, mostly because the guy is just an out and out, straight up DOUCHEBAG. He's one of the few people in the game today I just absolutely CANNOT stand. Him and Lane Kiffin head that list. But I just found myself really not caring when the wheels started coming off again.

Part of me wants to agree with the guy who suggested that should we lose the OSU game, it was just another loss. We'll still be in the running for the our division and a spot in Indy, and I still believe that.

Another part of me is really disturbed Bo's teams constantly choke in the biggest moments, but I honestly think what you're seeing in the UCLA and now OSU losses is very simple. This is the result of Bo's mediocre two first recruiting classes fleshing themselves out on the field. We simply don't have the horses that NU needs to have on the DL or LB spots right now, and we can ALL see it on the field.

I'm not gonna worry about this though, at all. The ball is in Coach Bo's court now. He's going to either figure out how to make his pieces work the rest of the season and then upgrade the pieces so he can do what he wants to do, or he won't and he'll go down in flames. He'll either adapt and learn to shut down mobile QB's somehow, or he'll get fired. It's on him now. It's a win-win for us as fans. We either get a vastly improved team that CAN play for championships under Bo, or we get a new coach and a fresh start.

Patience, young padawans...

• Fire 1

Some of you shoot down ideas without even giving it a shot. It's at least worth a TRY to get one of the big names. Yeah, they'll probably say no, but at least you send a message about the level of coach you want. Show people that you are SERIOUS about fixing this program. Give the guy a blank check and tell him, "OK, work your magic."

Let's see from past history the blank check method didn't work for some of this wish list. Others brought up recruiting grounds surrounding said school was a big deal. Others don't fall into this "we are Nebraska, we expect certai n behaviorisms" but the same time we want someone different crowd.

So what I am getting at is these coaches are not realistic because it had already happened with them. Paul Rhodes has been the only name thrown out there that a fart of a wet chance exists, but I think he wouldn't leave his "home" school

Maybe not a big name, but at least a proven recruiter. Our biggest problem is that we can't recruit.

I'm sticking with RichRod and Petrino

Well then that eliminates Paul Rhodes, and we are back to square one.

Petrino won't see a head gig in d1 for a very long time, been said by many more relevent people in the industry than lowly me.

RichRod really hasn't proven to be a game buster in recruiting. He used his situation in Michigan to land his best classes and still failed miserably there. And the moral lapses with the NCAA would ruffle too many featherswith a lot of people

Jon Gruden, Bill Cowher, and Pete Carroll would be my list. Nebraska needs to pay up and get a head coach.

Two coaches that are picking whichever NFL gig they want and when they want, and a guy that brings sanctions upon his return to the college level.

Please try again

Carroll has ONE player take money on the side from a booster in all of his years and all of his multiple NC's and you just automatically assume he will bring sanctions upon his return?

Please try again