Could this be Bo's TO moment?

back in 1992 Tom's team, led by Mike Grant, just lost to the Washington Huskies, this opened the door for a true freshman to get the start at QB.. the rest is history.

Tommie Frazier joined the Nebraska football team as an 18-year-old true freshman in the summer of 1992, at 6-1 and 190 pounds, and began as a backup to senior Mike Grant. Nebraska started the season with a 4–1 record under Grant, but an early 27–14 loss to the Washington Huskies, ranked 11th in the nation, set up Frazier's opportunity to take over as the starting quarterback. He did so at Missouri on October 24, a 34–24 Nebraska victory.

problem is 2 fold.. Is Bo man enough to admit he is wrong about hitching his wagon to T-Mart? Do we have a better back up in Tommie Armstrong?

unhitch that wagon Bo.

just something to think about.

Taylor played a poor game. But this was an entire team loss.

The defense is all around pitiful, the offensive line is a sieve, the coaching was.... highly suspect, to say the least. Changing QBs isn't going to spark some magic run here. We need fundamental changes on the offensive line and defensive schemes to mask a glaring lack of talent.

One thing that might help is slowing down the up tempo offense to allow the defense a break. But changing QBs isn't going to do squat.

Are you freaking joking me?

TAYLOR MARTINEZ IS NOT THE PROBLEM!

If you score 38 points, you should be able to win....

This is 100% on the defense. You think Armstrong is better than Taylor?

COME ON!

I agree to an extent. He also scored 14 for the other team. He doesn't seem to have the intangibles to win the big game though. I fully support T Mart though. He's done better with less than anyone i've seen lately. Like you said though, if you would have told me that we'd score 38 points on OSU last monday and lost....I would've laughed in your face. But here we are. T Mart isn't the problem though. You can't win without making stops and they simply made more than our D did. I do think we need to search our defensive depth for some talent because our front 7 is an embarrassment (except compton and eric martin) We need to hold a tryout this week for the entire D. Find people who are gonna make plays and most importantly, RUN TACKLING DRILLS!!! If people get hurt, they get hurt. We need to get better there first.

COME ON!

Taylor Martinez isn't a problem? Three interceptions (one for a pick six) and a fumble isn't a problem (not to mention he fumbles ALL the time). Martinez is a great QB as long as the Huskers aren't against anyone good. Even a small amount of pressure and he panics...that's just the type of player he is. This was definitely a team loss, but to say Martinez isn't a problem would wrong.

COME ON!

chuckle, T-Mart is NOT the QB to lead NU to the next level, plain and simple. How many points did he give them due to throwing ints?

For NU to get to the next level we need a QB who can take us there. When T-Mart plays TOUGH teams he reverts back to the same old T-Mart. To be a National Champion you can't make those mistakes.

Yes, T-Mart was very much "part" of the problem. He is a great kid, just not the kid to lead us to the next level.

We have some issues other than Taylor, from maybe talent on defense to poor coaching decisions (Bo calling off the dogs after Miller broke one big play - see JTrain's excellent 'Turning Point' thread). But this was a bad, bad day for Taylor. He was a big part of the loss, handing Ohio State fourteen of their early points.

Keep in mind both bad days at the office were against an extraordinary team - Miller's fantastic, Meyer's a cunning coach, and that Ohio State defense is no joke at all, particularly up front and in stopping the run.

But Taylor has a lot to prove. A lot.

COME ON!

3 INT's say other wise rather consolingly.........

If he had taken better care of the ball you could mark 14 points of the score board.

This is far more complicated than we posters discern. Yes, TMart makes mistakes. Yes, It is a team loss. Yes TMart is the most visible because of his position and his highlights and lowlights. Yes, TMart does some great tings too.

But we do not have a "Stabilizing" figure on the field. I don't know why Bo has this thing about Captains. I would think he would want a take-charge guy out there. Maybe it's because the QB is a natural fit for a Captain and TMart doesn't "fit" that role. (not saying he doesn't have the support of his teammates, just that he doesn't seem to be a guy to take charge). Part of that may be because his own play is so skitterish.........sometimes brilliant and sometimes woeful. I just don't know.

It's just odd the circumstance we have, where on the road, in a tough environment, we don't seem to have a LEADER (for whatever reason) to rally around. Would having a Captain help? Don't know, but we seem to be rudderless when the momentum changes.

back in 1992 Tom's team, led by Mike Grant, just lost to the Washington Huskies, this opened the door for a true freshman to get the start at QB.. the rest is history.

Tommie Frazier joined the Nebraska football team as an 18-year-old true freshman in the summer of 1992, at 6-1 and 190 pounds, and began as a backup to senior Mike Grant. Nebraska started the season with a 4–1 record under Grant, but an early 27–14 loss to the Washington Huskies, ranked 11th in the nation, set up Frazier's opportunity to take over as the starting quarterback. He did so at Missouri on October 24, a 34–24 Nebraska victory.

problem is 2 fold.. Is Bo man enough to admit he is wrong about hitching his wagon to T-Mart? Do we have a better back up in Tommie Armstrong?

unhitch that wagon Bo.

just something to think about.

Wow. You talk about a misdiagnosis. This is like a doctor coming up to someone who is complaining of headaches and then diagnosing the patient and concluding their leg needs to be amputated.

There are 15 or more problems that need to be fixed before the QB issue even is in the running for being considered a major concern.

TMart is not the problem.

While Martinez may or may not be the QB to lead us to the next level, he is considerably better than Mike Grant was. Anyone suggesting otherwise just doesn't remember how poor Mike Grant was as a QB. In fact, I think several people forget how poor some of those QB's in the late 80's to early 90's really were. I've heard how Bo can't stop running QB's, but again I think most have forgotten how the likes of Jamal Holloway, Charles Thompson, and Darian Hagan torched us back in the day. Darian Hagan led his team to three victories in a row against us. Even in 1997, we had a lot of problems stopping running QB's as Corby Jones nearly upset any chance we had at a NC that year. We had to score 45 points and have a miracle catch to just hang on in that game. Martinez had a poor day, but last time I checked he doesn't play defense. Didn't the defense give up over 500 yards Saturday?

COME ON!

3 INT's say other wise rather consolingly.........

If he had taken better care of the ball you could mark 14 points of the score board.

Yes... and in earlier games take away the good thuings he did and NU loses. Sure... QB's throw ints. He had one going into this game. Against 11 TDs.

His TD to int ratio is still very good.

Admittedly, TMart struggled against OSU --- but so did the whole team. OSU is simply a vastly superior team --- wildly better coached, better athletes... that was a game no one in their right mind would expect this NU team to contend with. But TMart is not the problem --- and even the extent to which he may be a player that needs to improve... there are so many other players and COACHES that need to improve first that TMart is not even something to address.

• Fire 2