Taylor's Presser (post-game, Ohio State)

zoogs

Aaron Rodgers is now getting a lot of shite for calling out his Packer teammates, including the rookies on the practice squad.

I think Steve Young best described how a quarterback is supposed to handle these situations: take responsibility for everything. You're the quarterback and no matter the teamwide failure, you intend to work harder to clean up your mistakes. The fans and the press corps will know it's all humble horsesh#t, but it tells the team you always have their back. At least in front of the microphone.

• Fire 2

Aaron Rodgers is now getting a lot of shite for calling out his Packer teammates, including the rookies on the practice squad.

I think Steve Young best described how a quarterback is supposed to handle these situations: take responsibility for everything. You're the quarterback and no matter the teamwide failure, you intend to work harder to clean up your mistakes. The fans and the press corps will know it's all humble horsesh#t, but it tells the team you always have their back. At least in front of the microphone.

Yes. And that's a standard of leadership, not public speaking skills.

Yep, Taylor's a terrible leader. He's not Tim Tebow, so let's dump on him. :rolleyes:

That's a bit of a stretch from suggesting young Mr. Martinez could pursue some areas of improvement.

Is it more of a stretch than what's being promulgated in this thread about the shortcomings of Taylor's press comments? If so, it's not by much.

I don't understand why Taylor has to say something for us to believe he's going to work on it.

He didn't say, "I'm going to work on my passing mechanics" during ANY of his pressers last year, or the year before that. Yet what did he do this off season?

Have Taylor play in a game where he was absolutely responsible for the loss--defense holds the other team to 6 points, running game gets moving, but every time we get to the red zone, Taylor craps the bed. We lose 6-3. Have a game like that, and see how Taylor's answers differ.

Football is played by more than just the QB, regardless of what everyone says. A QB can win games just as much as a defensive line can. Or a RB.

Why aren't we talking about Rex's presser? Or Compton's? Or anyone on the defense for that matter?

I could care less about their pressers, however (obviously dont know what goes on behind the scenes) I think it would be a good idea for them to pick starters for the whole year instead of each game, that way those few leaders can get on the other players when things start going south. Just a observation...

I assume you mean captains, and yes, this to me is another issue to me. It's not like the blackshirt thing where I've recently changed my view, bit I've disagreed with rotating captains all along from a phychological standpoint. And it's something that needs to be voted on by the players so those 4, or whatever number of, individuals can be looked to all year long.

edit: knapp, the offense was a little bit of the problem with the turnovers and penalties. it was a team loss, once again. obviously the defense did worse, but the offense did not help a whole lot.

Absolutely the offense made mistakes. They also made up for their mistakes by scoring 38 points, earning 437 yards and winning the TOP battle, 31:52 to 28:08. When the defense made mistakes, they flat-out folded. Taylor was 15-25 with a TD and three picks. He threw for 214 yards. I'd say that's going a long way to atoning for the sin of three INTs.

Meanwhile, the defense gives up 371 yards rushing, and nobody is posting threads about the tone, tenor and intent behind their pressers.

The D gave up 9 yards per play in the last 3 quarters. Nine yards.

edit: knapp, the offense was a little bit of the problem with the turnovers and penalties. it was a team loss, once again. obviously the defense did worse, but the offense did not help a whole lot.

Absolutely the offense made mistakes. They also made up for their mistakes by scoring 38 points, earning 437 yards and winning the TOP battle, 31:52 to 28:08. When the defense made mistakes, they flat-out folded. Taylor was 15-25 with a TD and three picks. He threw for 214 yards. I'd say that's going a long way to atoning for the sin of three INTs.

Meanwhile, the defense gives up 371 yards rushing, and nobody is posting threads about the tone, tenor and intent behind their pressers.

The D gave up 9 yards per play in the last 3 quarters. Nine yards.

the defense collapsed, failed, gave up. the whole nine yards. (word play!)