Ciante Evans

Ideas are fine. Sh#t like this is not. Ciante Evans move to LB?! You damn near have to be born yesterday to have that opinion, or even to throw that idea out there. But whatever. Sorry if I refuse to entertain this "idea" because it's freakin' dumb.

I believe you're overreacting a tad.

I believe you're understating his overreaction a bit, too. :) I would even add that the original post qualifies as an idea, and that the subsequent responses from HuskerShark would qualify as sh#t. Irony?

The back 7, with the exception of middle LB, appears to be the place to put the most athletically gifted players regardless of size - at least that's what it looks like when you watch the teams playing good D atm imo. It's starting to become difficult to physically tell apart safeties, outside linebackers and cornerbacks (for teams you're less familiar with). See the previous usage of Hagg and Gomes in the Peso.

I think we've been poor enough (on D) to examine all options, including those that may be less likely to be implemented. For Ciante, I think he would need to gain about 20 lbs to be able to play most downs of most games as a linebacker, which may negate his quickness.

Ideas are fine. Sh#t like this is not. Ciante Evans move to LB?! You damn near have to be born yesterday to have that opinion, or even to throw that idea out there. But whatever. Sorry if I refuse to entertain this "idea" because it's freakin' dumb.

I believe you're understating his overreaction a bit, too. :) I would even add that the original post qualifies as an idea, and that the subsequent responses from HuskerShark would qualify as sh#t. Irony?

tumblr_m5bzx6txgC1rwcc6bo1_250.gif

Well a move to LB would limit the liability he is in the passing game.

f067e0dd.gif

You realize Ciante has been a freakin' beast this year, right?... Last year, yes he was a liability. But he has definitely gotten better, and he is the best player on the defense at the moment IMO.

While I do admit he is a little better than last , he still is a liability right there with Stafford. Beat badly in the Arky State game, lucky the touchdown hit him in the back instead of the receiver. Happened in the southern miss game as well. Against the run yes he has been stout but that is about all.

If he was so highly thought of against the pass, don't you think it its strange that SJB was called upon over him?????

The confidence isn't there from the staff against the pass, and that us from a current db.

And Eric Martin hands down is playing the best on the defense

tumblr_m5bzx6txgC1rwcc6bo1_250.gif

LOL! I'm not sure if I should reply with a 'great usage of gif' or if I should be creeped out a bit! :)

f067e0dd.gif

You realize Ciante has been a freakin' beast this year, right?... Last year, yes he was a liability. But he has definitely gotten better, and he is the best player on the defense at the moment IMO.

While I do admit he is a little better than last , he still is a liability right there with Stafford. Beat badly in the Arky State game, lucky the touchdown hit him in the back instead of the receiver. Happened in the southern miss game as well. Against the run yes he has been stout but that is about all.

If he was so highly thought of against the pass, don't you think it its strange that SJB was called upon over him?????

The confidence isn't there from the staff against the pass, and that us from a current db.

Not "hands down", but it's definitely between Martin and Evans. Ciante has been great this year. "A little better than last year" doesn't do his huge improvement any justice.

f067e0dd.gif

Not "hands down", but it's definitely between Martin and Evans. Ciante has been great this year. "A little better than last year" doesn't do his huge improvement any justice.

I agree Ciante is much improved this year. Who isn't a liability in the secondary? Smith, Stafford, Mitchell, they've all been suspect. Especially Stafford. I always had high hopes for Smith but he has been disappointing in many aspects, including his tackling and poor angles he takes.

No. Stupid idea. Ciante is tiny and has been playing well at Nickel and CB. I don't get why this idea would ever come across this board, or even someone's mind.

Move on....

I don't know, maybe because it's a message board. You know, the place where people go to throw ideas out there for discussion. Glad I could clear that up for ya..... :ahhhhhhhh

Good lord man, back away from the ledge.

Every player is always a liability in the secondary. If you dont do your job, it's a big play or six points. This is the case no matter how the good the players.

Is this over-reading the discussion too much?

Just bored man. Sitting at home all day today and nothing particularly interesting in a lot of these threads.

I know it's much to early to be thinking about next year but I had some thoughts about one HUGE void in the defense next year. Since, we have very little experience returning next year, What do you guys think about converting Ciante from his nickel/cornerback hybrid into the Mike/OLB position. The guy has good instincts. He is more aggressive than most (except Martin who will be gone too) and most importantly, HE'S THE ONLY GUY WHO ACTUALLY MAKES TACKLES!!!

If he puts on 15 to 20 pounds of muscle in the offseason, does it seem realistic?

Your thoughts?

We are full on LB's, with depth, and gets better next year. Reason we don't see more, is because they are young with more to learn, and red shirted/injured. These players will carry on to next year: Brown, Afalava, Santos, Anderson, Fisher (if he decided to get his medical red shirt), Rose & Roach (Who is getting better by reports). Next year, we have talent as well (No LOI has been signed yet, but still commits) Josh Bandares, Marcus Newby & Courtney Love. Who knows if any walk on talent emerges as well, or if someone I didn't mention on our roster comes out of nowhere, like Pirman.

No need to convert any players in my opinion.